Flipp Junior Graphic Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Flipp Junior Graphic Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at Flipp

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in June-2016.

Interview

Very pleasant and comfortable experience. Hiring manager was very friendly. Had a phone interview as a screening. Interview questions were standard. After was a take-home design assignment which would have determined whether I get an on-site interview or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Flipp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in May-2018.

Interview

The interview process was longer than what I was personally used to as it was stretched over about 3 weeks time, but it was pretty straight forward. First round is a phone interview where they will discuss the job position with you and your skills and past job experience. Second round is an onsite interview where you come in for an interview (I was interviewed by 2 people) and you really focus on your past job positions and what you learned from them, why you left, and how those experiences help make you the best candidate for Flipp. I was also asked to bring in 3 pieces of my work. Third round is a take home design challenge; if they like your design you will proceed to the fourth and final round. In the the final round I was interviewed yet again, by 3 people this time around (typical interview questions and more questions about my past experience) and then we proceeded to discuss my take home challenge. I was asked to bring in more pieces as well.

Something to keep in mind, they don't ask a lot of hypothetical questions as in "If this were to happen what would you do?" type of questions, they tend to ask more situational questions as in "Tell me about a time this happen and how you dealt with it" type of questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the best team you've ever worked with and what made them the best team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in March-2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from HR and had a phone screening with them. A few days later, they asked me to come into their office for an interview. Had an interview with two members of the creative team and afterwards, they told me to wait in the room because someone wanted to see me. The creative team lead came in afterwards to give me a surprise interview. Good experience though, the people were really nice and friendly. HR also gets back to you really quick and is transparent with your results/interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Flipp and why did you apply?
      Past work experience questions
      What does design mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON) in April-2017.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, positive, and quick. The first interview was conversational, to gauge culture fit and background. My first impression with the recruiter was great. Then I did two rounds of panel interviews. I was offered coffee and got a tour of the office. I found that the questions during the panel interviews tricky at times, but I never felt ambushed or that my ideas weren't heard. I got the offer package promptly and felt supported by the recruiter entirely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Flipp (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Flipp has a rather structured interview process and my interview experience followed suit. I appreciated the transparency in structure; almost like a progress bar outlining how far along I was in the process and knowing what to expect. Unfortunately, the position I was interviewing for was put on "hold" and I did not receive any offers after fulfilling all stages of the interview process. Regardless, I had a rather positive experience overall; people were kind and friendly and my interviews felt more like conversations than interrogations.

The first was a phone call with HR to assess basic things like who I am, my past experiences, why Flipp, strength and weaknesses etc. It was rather simple and straightforward. The second was with two lead designers in an hour long interview that involved a review of my work (I prepared ahead of time based on their request), answering questions similar to my phone screen, as well as an opportunity to pose any questions of my own. Third round was a design project that was then presented and reviewed in-person a third interview with higher-ups: a CD and another team lead. They also asked me questions similar to the previous interviewees but it definitely felt less formal and seemed to be curious about my personality and possible culture fit. It helped me to gain a sense of whether Flipp might be a good fit for me, as much as I might be a fit for them.

Interview Questions

• What kind of design work do you NOT enjoy doing and why?   Answer Question

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flipp in October-2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via email. After some exchange, I was set up for a phone interview the following week. I was asked questions about my previous experiences and learned more about the job and culture at Flipp. I thought the call went well, and after a few days I got an email saying they decided to not go forward with my application.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.