FlexPay Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

FlexPay Interview Questions

Interviews at FlexPay

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FlexPay.

Interview

My inteview with FlexPay was my most unprofessional experience to date, and I feel it’s important to share what occured. Right off the bat, my interviewer clearly lacked social skills and was outright rude when I tried to exchange pleasantries, he behaved like I was beneath him and undeserving of any respect. The lack of professionalism was apparent as it looked like he was working out of a dark basement and was poorly prepared for the interview.
    The interviewer didn’t ask any relevant questions pertaining to my professional experience and what I bring to the table, he seemed to be more interested in being condescending and putting me down, to the point of making statements about my CV that were factually incorrect. He then proceeded to show his lack of emotional intelligence by becoming visibly aggitated when I mentioned I had left a previous position due to questionable business tactics, and basically said it was similar to FlexPay’s business model. And then of course, more rudeness from the interviewer, even making personal slights.
    Very odd a company would allow that type of behaviour from it’s employees.

Interview Questions

FlexPay Response

Jul. 20, 2020 – HR

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that this was your experience. Candidate experience is really important to us and we care about professionalism and treating others with respect. We’ve been receiving a large volume of applicants so our initial interviews are brief because we value your time and want to identify quickly if our values are aligned before moving on to a lengthier, full interview. As a result, the interview might have felt rushed and “straight to the point”.

As may you know, the ongoing pandemic has thrown society and businesses everywhere a huge curveball. Our teams have just permanently shifted to a work from home model and understandably, are still adjusting and optimizing their home office work environments—whether it’s their basement, dining room, or home office!

One thing you will find about FlexPay employees is their strong sense of commitment to the company. We are overwhelmed by how loyal our team is to the mission and believe in the service we have to offer and we are looking for candidates that we feel have a similar values.

We've taken note of your feedback and welcome any additional comments that you might have. Please write to us at info@flexpay.io with the subject line “Interview Feedback” and we will be happy to discuss with you further.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FlexPay in February 2018.

Interview

When I first walked into the stunning Tungsten Revenue office, I was taken back by the visually mesmerizing interior design. It felt like I stepped into a new world, a better world. I was greeted so warmly by Jenna Greenwood, who was full of energy and positivity. She was the main person conducting my interview. I was nervous about this interview but Jenna took all of that away and replaced it with a positive environment where I felt comfortable and welcomed. We proceeded to the conference room, where we had an informal get to know each other session before the questions for the position began.

Interview Questions

• -My goals in different aspects of my life
      -How my goals influence my decision making
      -How well are my multitasking skills
      -Why I wanted this role
      -Why I choose this company   Answer Question

Integration and Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FlexPay (Montreal, QC) in October 2017.

Interview

Initially, we talked over the phone. A large part of what they wanted to know was more about me as a person and then I moved into my work history.
    After during the in person interview I spoke with a couple of the high level individuals in the company. There was a scheduling delay on the room they wanted to interview me in. We spoke in the waiting room. They were very friendly. Then we entered the boardroom and they were very interested in hearing about myself in depth. They appeared to have deep values about company culture with what type of people they were looking to have apart of their team.
    They got back to me very quickly to let me know they would possibly contact me back regarding the position.
    After they contacted me back again they emailed over a contract for me to sign and I was apart of the company very quickly.
    Overall, a very position experience with a lot of transparency.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FlexPay (Montreal, QC) in September 2017.

Interview

It all started with an online application. I sent in a detailed resume including my professional accomplishments and a standard cover letter. Within two hours, I received an initial phone screening. (Your mileage may vary)

The interviewer was very cordial and professional. The screening questions revolved around an overview of my professional background as well as the reasons I had for leaving my current employment. The call ended with an on-site interview being scheduled the following Monday. A confirmation e-mail followed the phone call almost immediately.

Upon arrival at the onsite interview, the staff showed a great amount of hospitality. The first interview was conducted by the Director of Operations and the Executive Assistant. The tone was very relaxed and comfortable and took the form of a "get to know you" kind of conversation rather than a formal Q&A. That being said, questions did do a good run down of my expertise and how they can apply to Tungsten's business. There was also a number of questions on what attracted me to the company and how I can fit into the culture. Expectations for the role have also been very clearly laid out from the get go.

After the hour long interview, I was asked to come back for a second interview and that the date will be confirmed by e-mail.

The following day, I arrived for my second interview with the CEO and COO. This second round took even more of the form of a conversation than the first interview. It was in a very comfortable sitting area in the CEO's office.

The questions during this round leaned more towards personality and leadership than during the first round. For instance, many of the professional background questions demanded a certain level of personal introspection in order to answer fully. After the second interview, I was taken on a tour of the premises and met with my potential co-workers who had an opportunity to ask me questions.

Towards the end of the process, I felt that whatever the final decision would be, the process was fair and very different from a traditional top down corporate setting. I got the sense that this company fosters and invests in its employees. In essence, a place that hires the brightest individuals it can find and gives them the freedom to prosper.

I received an offer the following day.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FlexPay (Montreal, QC) in May 2017.

Interview

I found the interview process very informal and some how nonprofessional. They don't seem to be very organized. They try to show themselves as a tech company but I didn't seem to catch that, it seems that they are good at out sourcing their technical burden. I didn't see much technicality in the interview process, the questions were pretty vague. They didn't seem to have an idea of what they are looking for. It didn't seem like a good tech company interview, they invited me multiple times but they seemed to not really care about my resume much. I didn't see the confidence of a real tech company or preparedness of them actually. I felt that I am in a cafe talking to some one randomly. The questions were not direct towards what they wanted, rather they asked questions about their personal background, so if you want to get a job there, just do research on the person who will interview you. I don't recommend this company if you are a technical guy.

Interview Questions

• they ask questions about their personal background regardless of the role. I found them to have low self esteem and arrogant, and not technically prepared. Also, they don't really believe in science or technology rather they prefer experience. So, pretend you have lots of experience, even tough it isn't a company you would brag about in your resume.   Answer Question

FlexPay Response

Nov. 21, 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience at Tungsten. We take every piece of feedback seriously and try to address them. It's part of who we are as a company. Another one of our core values at Tungsten is that we strive to foster a collaborative environment where each colleague feels welcomed and free to contribute to their fullest potential. Further, we assumed that you are who you say you are in your resume. We trust that you are already technically capable and we have already validated this prior to inviting you to an interview.

What's more important to us, is that a potential candidate will naturally embody our values. To this end, we want to understand you as a person first and foremost and we feel that comes out best through informal conversation.

If you would like to discuss your concerns in greater detail, please feel free to contact us at: careers@flexpay.io

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FlexPay (Montreal, QC).

Interview

After applying for the position through a recruiter and being screened, I was selected to be interviewed by Tungsten Revenue Consultants. The process involved two interviews. In the initial interview, I met with the Director of Operations, who would be my supervisor. I immediately felt comfortable and relaxed and it felt more like an informal discussion than an interview, despite being across a large table in the conference room. Pre-prepared questions were asked, but as the interview progressed it became more of a conversation. I was given the impression from Nick, and from reading their internal marketing magazine prior to the interview, that being the right fit was just as important as having the right skills and experience. My outgoing personality and willingness to dive in and learn on the job certainly felt like the fit they were looking for. The interview went for an hour and a half, which I considered to be quite a good sign, because we were asking a lot of questions back and forth. After the interview, I felt reassured that I had a good chance of securing a second interview. A few days later, I got the good news. The second interview took place about a week or so after the first. I met with the COO and Director of Data. This interview felt even less formal than the first as it was held in the COO’s office on couches. There was less structure and the questions were a little left field at times. Although I was still very interested in the position, I felt uncertain coming out of the second interview due to the nature of a couple of some of the questions, so when I received the call a couple of weeks later to say I got the position I was pleasantly surprised but also excited to start because It validated the feeling I had from the first interview. Despite my limited experience in a particular aspect of the role, they saw the potential in me to learn and develop, and someone who would fit into their culture, so ultimately, they adjusted the role to fit my skill set. I’ve been here for almost a month now and so far the role and the culture are living up to expectations.

Interview Questions

• In the first interview I was asked how I have handle a difficult situation in the past. Other questions included ‘Tell me about yourself?’ – a question you need to practice for an answer as concisely and closely related to the role as possible, and posing a scenario about having a deadline   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.