Fathom Health Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fathom Health

Fathom Health

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fathom Health

Interview

Literally one of the worst interview experiences ever. Recruiter reached out to me on Angel to schedule an interview. I had a call with her where she explained that software engineers work at least 10 hours a day and this position requires that commitment (already red flag). After a 30 min chat about expectations etc. she told me I'll receive a coding challenge. Coding challenge was 3 questions on Hackerank and I completed all and passed all tests in allocated time. Emails recruiter it's been completed. No reply. Over a week later emails recruiter again. She says the team has been busy rolling some feature out to production so will get back next week with next steps. Never hears from them for TWO MONTHS and literally two months later recruiter emails me being like, we would like you to schedule your next 1 hour live coding interview and give us availabilities for possible final interviews.... by then it has already been over a month since I've found employment and assumed the ghosting meant no longer interested in me..... so unprofessional

Interview Questions
  • leetcode questions and general hr questions with recruiter
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fathom Health (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2021

Interview

I have been in contact with this company since 2019. The first time round, I didn't clear the initial code screen. The second time, I was a couple months into my new job when the CEO contacted me. I politely declined as I wanted to give my last employer at least a year before considering other opportunities. The last and final time was in February 2021 when I was again contacted by the CEO after which I scheduled an initial chat with a recruiter. The recruiter's overall attitude was presumptuous and infuriating and she seemed determined to rush through details when explaining the role and asking me clarifying questions. The icing on the cake was when I was asked for my salary expectations with the recruiter claiming "We don't pay like Google or anything" while telling me they expect 50 hours of work a week. Given the rushed manner in the which the recruiter went over everything, I did not want to shoot myself in the foot and provide a number without knowing the full context of what the job expectations would look like -- especially as this company expects 10 additional hours of my personal life to be put at their disposal. The recruiter asked me to do my "due diligence" and research and then reached out to me 5 mins later via email asking for a number. I asked the recruiter if there was a ballpark range they'd be willing to share with me and, in response, I was promptly ghosted. It seemed to me they did not even have the decency to be a transparent with their salary ranges despite expecting their employees to slog for them. Talking with this company was an absolute complete waste of my time and energy. They are clearly one of those startups that lack any transparency and expect you to give them your blood, sweat, and tears for lowball pay. Please don't shoot yourself in the foot -- demand what you are worth if you decide to proceed with them. Being a startup does not give them the right to demand additional hours of your valuable time for less pay. Also from the very rushed conversation I got the impression that this role would be like other so-called ML roles at other startups where you might have the title but work on anything but actual ML.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fathom Health (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2020

Interview

although the job description was for ML, I went through three rounds of pure coding leet code style questions. based on my interview experience and conversations I had with people, if one wants to grow their ML skills and make a resume in ML, this is not the place. you would wind up doing a lot of debugging and software development stuff. you may get the chance to train a model now and then, but don't count on it. in general I enjoyed the questions, but I was disappointed of the interview process and how people behaved. I mean no one even took a minute to introduce themselves to me or ask me who I am and what I do. I felt a lot of pressure doing the live coding. Also, the work life balance sucks at this company and I could even feel it based on their interview process!

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Fathom Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fathom Health

Interview

Aced the three phone interviews and on-site and was finally rejected without feedback. Clowns. High stress, disorganized office. Poor work life balance. Relatively accomplished staff, though. Little respect shown to interviewees especially considering they're invited speakers (a presentation on a technology topic is required).

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Fathom Health (Edmonton, AB) in Feb 2020

Interview

I received a connection request from the Co-founder/ CTO on LinkedIn, who set me up with the team for an interview. I was scheduled to do a phone screening with one of the recruiters, who was about 15 minutes late. I was asked basic questions about my skills, background and experience. Then what role on the engineering team I was interested in - back-end, data or infrastructure. No technical question was asked. I have a strong technical resume, about 9 years of SW engineering practice at reputable tech companies, a CS degree and a certificate in AI all from prestigious Canadian universities. Two days later, I get an email from the recruiter that unfortunately, they will not be proceeding with my candidacy.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fathom Health (Toronto, ON)

Interview

HR screen, phone screen, on-site coding back to back two rounds, presentation, manager round. I didn’t get the offer but the company needs coding experts. All the interviewers are in too much hurry to end interview so make sure you get your time and also you start on time because the questions are long and the interviewers don’t come on time too

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fathom Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fathom Health in Jan 2020

Interview

I completed a technical screen online and a phone screen with a recruiter. The online technical challenge was super enjoyable with a variety of more practical coding questions. Something that surprised me was that they require their SF engineers to be in the office specifically from 930-7pm each day (with the exception of Fridays where there is a happy hour after 6). That didn't quite work for my schedule and knowing so earlier would have saved me from considering the company. As of the time of writing there were no women on their engineering team in SF, and I would guess from the work schedule no parents either.

Interview Questions
  • On the phone screen with the recruiter, they asked me if I'd be willing to work in the SF office from 9:30AM to 7PM each day - they require their engineering team to do so.
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fathom Health (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2019

Interview

Possibly worst interview process I have been in. After passing the coding screen, and HR screen, I've been invited to an all-day interview at their offices in Toronto. Employees were rude, snickering and all in all condescending. The interview was for a Machine Learning Engineer position but they kept asking Leetcode problems. They asked me to prepare a presentation on a tech topic that took me around 4 hours to put together, but after the second question, some guy I haven't even talked to comes in the room and tells me I wouldn't be getting the job because there was no "connection". Like what the? I haven't even seen you in the interview process and you cut my interview short before I get to present?

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Fathom Health

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fathom Health

Interview

I was reached out by someone from the upper management through linkedin, then forwarded to a person from HR who literally has 15 minutes to talk to you as she's doing 50 candidates a day. Then she'll go through list of questions, including those that do not apply to you or which you have already answered, which you could as well answer yourself without waiting few days for a call. Then I got a link to an online test, then you wait few days for them to get back (do not expect detailed feedback). She got back to me, said it's been good, then asked more bureaucratic questions, said that they'll be in touch till end of week and it's been 3 weeks now without any information whatsoever (not that I'm still waiting). Each time they call or message you, they'll remind you that they are shortlisting profiles which means they'll just cut the communication whenever and however they please -- just as they did here. Typical firm that got tons of money from investment and they'll play big shot now. Do not bother and waste your time unless you have nothing better to do.

Interview Questions
  • Generic, dumb questions like 'how did you find us' even though they were the ones that reached me first or where do I see myself in x years.
  • There were 3 med-level tasks on hackerrank
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fathom Health (New York, NY)

Interview

Poorly designed coding test - unclear directions on libraries/etc for a more general question as part of the hackerrank led me to waste a lot of time as I realized late that I wasn't able to import critical libraries for running web requests and had to scrap my work. Arguably my fault, but expectations could be clearer. Still don't know what this question was looking for as it seemed like it attempted to resemble a real world engineering problem, but in hindsight there isn't enough time for this approach. 2 straightforward Leetcode questions, but I didn't leave enough time to correct a few details/simplify code at the end Got weird vibes from my conversation with HR/recruiter - don't really know how to explain it but overall didn't enjoy the conversation. Didn't leave much time for me to ask about the company and didn't get a good idea of what they were doing. Could just be a personal thing. Generally slow responses

Interview Questions
  • standard leetcode plus one more general engineering question
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews