Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated 4 Jun, 2018

2.9

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

It took a few min with the Interviewer and they wanted to hire me, I wouldnt reccoment working at this place I called HR to follow up and they were very nasty

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for fairmont   2 Answers

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January-2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. I then had a phone screen with another recruiter, a technical phone call, and an onsite interview. Throughout the process the recruiters were really prompt with getting back to me, and even took care to keep me updated and engaged after the onsite.

Interview Questions

• "What would you say motivates you in life?"   1 Answer

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Diego, CA (US)) in January-2018.

Interview

HR management was snobby and detached, and critiqued my outfit. Hiring official was at least 20 minutes late to both interviews, completely mismanaged my time, and wouldn’t tell me what I’d be making.

Interview Questions

• “So, tell me about yourself?’ she asked, as she received a massage   Answer Question
    • First interview: “What is your availability.” Told her my availability.
      Second interview: “So have you put anymore thought into your availability?”   Answer Question

The complete and thorough unprofessionalism of the management staff.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December-2017.

Interview

The interview was very good. All the people that interviewed me were really nice and accomodating. I didn’t feel like I’m new in the establishment. I feel very welcomed as well.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Seattle, WA (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

The process was very short, not professional, they asked questions not related to the job position. The front desk assistant manager promised to reach me via email after my interview follow up email but I never got the respond. Very unprofessional. So I just got a job at much better property where they treat people with manners.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in March-2017.

Interview

Hiring manager was friendly, but seemed to be unimpressed by kindness and smiling. It was very hard for hiring manager to reciprocate back nicely. I spoke about my strengths and such but all in all, did not seemed too thrilled.

Assistant Outlets Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Berkeley, CA (US)) in November-2016.

Interview

I applied online before moving to the area, hiring manager contacted me to set up a phone interview. Spoke with direct manager and current F&B director and then when I arrived to the area I went in for in-person interview with direct manager, general manager of the hotel and HR hiring manager. After the in-person interviews, I was then advised I had to speak with the new director of F&B on the phone.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be your biggest challenge?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Del Mar, CA (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

I applied and got a call three days later for an interview. During the interview that took 2 hours, I met and talked with three different individuals. They were very nice individuals. At the end of the interview they offered me a position I didn't apply to PBX operator, they said they saw potential in me, but I was not ready for the front desk.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you sacrificed something for a co-worker.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

The first step to the interview process was a phone screen 1:1. The next step in the interview process was a meeting in person with the hiring manager and human resources.

Housekeeping Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in September-2016.

Interview

Standard array of questions off of a pre-made template. The first round of interviews was conducted by the department head and then a second structured interview was conducted by a representative from human resources. Lastly, I was met by the director of operations and the general manager is a fa r less structured interview. The last was meant more to gauge personality and suitability I imagine.