Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

1,241 Interview Reviews

3.1

1,241 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

A phone interview, simply ask some question about resume and then ask coding question. They sent a link to you and use the link to coding. Just one question, the question is typed by them in the link.

Interview Questions

• Print a binary tree by vertical level order

2 4
    3 5

print :
    1 5
    4   11 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. He set up a call with the relevant FB department.I was not looking actively for a job, so was little under prepared. The interviewer was nice and came across as a knowledgeable hands-on person. Provided a shared hackpad to do the white boarding process.

Interview Questions

• Was not expecting a simple heap search algorithm implementation.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA (US)) in August-2014.

Interview

I did not go beyond the first screening interview. Though I did not make it, but I thoroughly enjoyed the interview as the interviewer was interacting and helping me solve the problems and having discussion about the problem

Interview Questions

• How would u find out the number of cars passing through a busy bridge   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA (US)) in April-2014.

Interview

Two interviews - one on my university campus, one on the nearest Facebook campus. Got back promptly after the second interview. The culture is amazingly open, any intern can look at any piece of code in the company - nothing is secret. Additionally a lot of trust is put in interns and employees.

Interview Questions

• Standard rotated binary search question. You have a sorted array that has been shifted/cycled, perform a search on it   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation, there seemed to be a formula for salary for interns.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in June-2014.

Interview

One/two phone interviews and one onsite. Contacted by recruiter, setup the time for a phone screen. Fairly well managed setup. Interview called on time, and was very nice to work with.

Interview Questions

• Add two binary numbers (Input as a string)   11 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in June-2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter through linkedin. I had an initial call with the recruiter where I was asked about my interests and what I might be looking for. Recruiter explained me the entire process on how the interview goes. Usually they have an initial phone interview, where you have to write code through collabedit. After that in person interview.

Phone interview was all about data structures. First the interviewer asked me what interests me about facebook, what is one thing about facebook I like. After that interviewer asked me to print a binary tree in level order. I did that. And then I was asked to print the tree in level order but using DFS. Interviewer was nice, was giving a lot of hints whenever I was stuck. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult for someone who would be clear on data structures I guess.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in July-2014.

Interview

I was hiring specifically for an iOS position. The recruiters start with Obj-C 5 multiple choice questions, which required some surprising depth. I won't get into specifics, but take time to understand memory management (even with arc), blocks, addresses and pointers.

After was a phone interview which mostly involved a collaborative coding question. The questions asked here were very typical algorithmic questions, the answers usually involved a hash to cache meta values to increase performance.

Protip: Be familiar with NSSet and NSOrderedSet. These data structures are more performant than NSArrays for some operations, and I found myself using them in almost every answer.

Then you have an onsite visit, with 4 additional interviews: 2 coding, 1 design, and 1 "culture fit" which, for me, was really another coding interview.

Your recruiter will contact during the next week or two afterwards to give you updates on your status. I believe there are three different meetings where your interviewing notes are reviewed and given consideration.

Interview Questions

• What is something other people misunderstand about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went back and forth once between a competing company and received higher offers each time. Ask your recruiter for honest assessments of your interviews - if you did well FB will be much more willing to "one up" the competition.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in December-2013.

Interview

Internal Referral -> Phone Interview -> Onsite Loop -> Offer
    The process was quick, however I interviewed before the holidays and had to wait until afterwards to hear the results. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. HR always keeps you updated on the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had a competing offer from another giant so I was able to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in August-2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a Facebook recruiter, and offered an interview for a Software Engineer Internship. I had two interviews, both a combination of talking on the phone and coding on collabedit.com. The first interview took place about five days after I was first contacted about the position; the interviewer asked a few questions about projects I'd done and then started with programming questions. The second interview happened a week later, and the interviewer dove straight into coding problems. I was asked general algorithm questions, like get the n-th Fibonacci number, find the square root of a number, find the depth of a binary tree, merge two arrays, etc. Both interviewers saved time at the end for any questions I wanted to ask them.

Interview Questions

• Display the sorted output of a merge of any number of sorted arrays. Then do it again, more efficiently.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in September-2014.

Interview

Got interview through recruiter.
    Had a phone screening soon after, and then was told that I was being considered for an initial technical phone interview.
    Question: Something about 2D arrays.

I felt like I was a bit slow, although I did finish the interview with about 20 minutes left over. (Was originally given 45 minutes)

Interview Questions

• Not really anything. The question was pretty easy, I think I just answered it badly.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.