FGL Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

FGL Sports Interview Questions

Interviews at FGL Sports

2.3

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FGL Sports.

Interview

Department manager asks a lot of questions related to the department and then general questions regarding whether the applicant is active and how they would motivate someone else to be more active.

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FGL Sports (Victoria, BC).

Interview

Interview process was quick but stressful. Multiple phone interviews were involved prior to an in person interview with the hiring manager and their report to. Multiple discussion format questions and scenarios to assess a cultural fit for the company.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lethbridge, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FGL Sports (Lethbridge, AB) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Received a soft interview over the phone a week before physical interview. Standard interview format with a manager at a local Sportchek. Took about 15 minutes. Didn’t recieve a verbal call back, but instead a generated email stating the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• With the competition of online shopping, what qualities of the storefront do you feel are important for attracting customers offline.   Answer Question

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laval, QC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FGL Sports (Laval, QC).

Interview

Interview is done by immediate boss. No structure but to repeat what's is in CV.
    Rely a lot on impression. Although they write that you need a university degree, most employees don't have one. You should still apply for the job even if you have no education, you have a chance based on experience.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FGL Sports.

Interview

2 telephone interviews (one they cancelled and rescheduled) , 1 in person. Interviewer's cell went off numerous times and no set questions were asked. I had to follow up with them as I didn't hear anything for days, following my 1-1.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about FGL? (Only question)   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FGL Sports.

Interview

Simple process, I had a phone screener within 1-2 days of applying online. The onsite panel interview took place a days afterwards and immediately after I had to do literacy test and submit a criminal background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you experience an unsafe work condition, what did you do?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FGL Sports (Calgary, AB) in August 2017.

Interview

Was called for prescreen, HR rep called at a good time mid-morning so we were able to complete the call right then, about 30 minutes. Was scheduled for an in person interview the following week which lasted one hour.

Interview Questions

• They asked many practical questions rather than the usual HR ones. Lots of interest in how I approached financial issues at my previous company.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FGL Sports (Calgary, AB) in August 2017.

Interview

Was called for phone screen about 2 weeks after applying online. Screener called at a good time mid morning so we completed the call right there, about 30 minutes total. Was called for an in person interview the following week. Follow up was poor after that. I sent 2 emails inquiring about updates and was finally advised by email I was not successful about a week and a half after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots of interest in how I handled financial management at my previous job, vs the usual HR or personality questions.   Answer Question

E-Commerce Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FGL Sports (Calgary, AB) in April 2017.

Interview

Submit your online application. Next step was a brief phone interview with their Talent Acquisition/HR department. Next step was initial interview with the e-commerce manager, in this situation they were hiring 3 people, so all 3 managers held the interview. After that there may have been an additional interview with the Associate VP of e-commerce.

Interview Questions

• Previous e-commerce experience (content management systems, SEO experience, HTML experience, photoshop experience), do you partake in sport, what interests you in this role.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FGL Sports (Calgary, AB) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with FGL for a Department Manager position and it took them a month to make a decision. I had 5 interviews with them, both over the phone and in person.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.