Export Development Canada Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 38 of over 38 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Export Development Canada

Application

I interviewed at Export Development Canada

Interview

Two interviews. One with HR that was 30mins and one with hiring team that lasted an hour. They asked mostly behavioral questions on why I wanted to be part of the company, how I prioritized, what were my strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Questions specific to technical skills required for the role
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2022

Interview

Very professional, took around two weeks to complete with a telephone and in person interviews as well as a background check but the process was very structured and the interviewers we very personable

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Export Development Canada~28689
Join the conversation on

Export Development Canada

Application

I interviewed at Export Development Canada

Interview

I met briefly with the HR rep and then with a team of others who worked in the same position and their supervisor. It was very friendly and congenial, making me feel welcome.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you expereiced cultural differences

Export Development Canada

Application

I interviewed at Export Development Canada

Interview

Spent time with both the HR manager and the manager on the team. Firstly, you speak to the HR manager, who ask questions surrounding EDC. Afterwards, you speak to the manager on the team. Here they will ask you more technical questions.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Multiple interviews and case study. Very unprofessional hiring process. After one case study and three interviews they didn't bother to communicate the outcome. Also when followed up got the standard response: we are still reviewing candidates.... Don't waste your time

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Export Development Canada

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada

Interview

The interview was more difficult than I was expecting. There were a mix of questions related to soft skills and technical skills. The technical portion was specific to actuarial terminology/methodologies and understanding financial statements. Afterwards I was sent a case study to complete in 90 minutes on Excel.

Interview Questions
  • What are the differences between income statement and balance sheet statement
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON) in Jan 2021

Interview

Applied via the EDC portal with an internal reference who also assisted with lining up the interview based on my CV. Was contacted fairly quickly by HR to set up a virtual interview. Virtual interview via zoom with both the hiring manager and a peer manager to the role.

Interview Questions
  • Completely underwhelmed by the lack of energy put forth by the hiring manager. Very slow follow up by HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON) in Oct 2020

Interview

I applied in July 2020 and forgot about the application. Was contacted in mid September to proceed to the next step where I had to take a 1hour Financial and Accounting Knowledge test. Was contacted again next week that I was to proceed to the next stage. Interview was held via Webex during the first week of October. First interview was 30 min long with general HR questions while the second part was an hour long with two different risk managers who asked technical and behavioural questions. Was contacted 2 days after for a third and final interview, with 2 different managers of the same department. They ask similar questions mostly. All the interviews went fairly well and by their reactions, I was hoping to get the position. They said to wait for the news for another couple of weeks then disappeared... I followed up with the HR person in two weeks, no answer.. and then contacted the other manager in mid November who responded that they are still in the candidate review stage and that she will 'let me know'. No contact again.. I tried following up in January, and it seems like they have just ghosted... A similar position was posted again in December, looks like they are hiring again. Companies expect you to be professional and couldn't care less in return. I understand that you don't have enough time to respond to each candidate who apply. But if i go through a test and THREE INTERVIEWS, the least i deserve is a reply saying that I didn't get the job.. It takes a 2min phone call or a two sentence email... You can do better!

Interview Questions
  • How would you analyze the credit risk of a company?
6 people found this interview helpful

Export Development Canada

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Export Development Canada in Sep 2020

Interview

Email with general questions about why you want to work there, experience, etc. Sent after initial application to the job inventory and due back within two business days. There was not a lot of instructions, just fill out the questions and send them back

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2020

Interview

Written test/case study with time contraint completed by email. After passing the test (appparently it is a low pass rate), this is followed up by a virtual HR Interview and virtual interview with hiring managers.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the products that we offer?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Interviews

Export Development Canada Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Export Development Canada as 65.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.85 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Co-Op Student and Advisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Risk Analyst and Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Export Development Canada takes an average of 33 days when considering 36 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Co-Op Student had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Risk Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Export Development Canada according to 36 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 28.17%