Equal Experts Senior Software Developer Role Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Equal Experts Senior Software Developer Role Interview Questions

Senior Software Developer Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

A very good company, in no hurry to build talent quantitatively but rather very careful and aggressive to build it qualitatively. The company has a strong vision, great culture and of course amazing people (which is their strongest point). It has great work going on and it really values in recognising, building and nurturing great talent. Most importantly the whole team has a very humane perspective and focus is on working and prospering together which connected with me very strongly :)!

My Experience:-
* Initial introductory phone call
- The HR representative gave me a call and gave a very elaborate overview about the Company and what they are looking for. He asked me about my experience, the projects that i have done and my role. He asked if i have experience practicing TDD and have enough exposure to Object Oriented design and development. After a call of 20 mins he said he would get back to me to schedule a Code pairing session with one of their team members

* Code pairing Session
- I was called at the Equal Experts office in Pune for the code pairing session. As soon as i entered the office, the HR welcomed me and made sure I'm at ease. He then briefed me about the code pairing round - which basically is solving a given problem by pairing with one of their team members. The most important thing they look for is the TDD approach of solving the problem. Along with it, your Object oriented design knowledge, Data structure knowledge, approach to the solution and code efficiency. Apart from the technical aspects they also see how good a team player you are, your behaviour, attitude towards solving a problem collectively. The round lasted for 1.5 hours and i thoroughly enjoyed it, although i have been practicing TDD very recently from last 1 year on and off. I think it was a great session and gave me a very good feeling about the work culture there. The code pairing happened right there in the open workspace they have and it was as if 2 colleagues solving a problem in the midst of a usual working day :).

* Review about the Code pairing session (1.5hr)
- Few minutes after the code pairing round, the HR had a discussion with me and gave me a detailed feedback as to what the interviewer (with whom i paired) thought about me in terms of my technical expertise, problem solving approach, behaviour, the areas he thought I'm strong in and also those he thought i'm not exposed to much and should improve upon. This was very valuable and unique. The feedback was conveyed very politely and was very helpful. He also mentioned that they considered me for another round which would again be about evaluating my technical abilities.

* Technical Design Interview (1.5hr)
- This round was conducted by a panel of 2 interviewers in a closed meeting room. It was a mix of couple of object oriented design questions and scenarios and how would i tackle them and improvise further. They asked me about the technological stack that i have worked on and then there were a couple of deep dive questions related to the same in terms of optimisations and some use case scenarios and how it could be tackled. It was more of a drawing board session and lots of discussion and highly interactive. The interviewers were expert in their areas and were keen to know the approach rather than the specifics

* Review about the technical design round (10 mins)
- Some time after the technical round, the HR briefed me again about the feedback of the round in detail and told me to wait for some more time. Few minutes later, I was called in to inform that they would be happy to make me an offer and would communicate me about the next process.

* Final Discussion with the MD (1hr)
- Few days later, a discussion was scheduled with the MD of the company. It was about knowing each other - basically getting to know more about the company, its vision, its practices, culture, projects and an overall inside view one level deep from the MD himself who I think has had an incredible journey so far in this field. And on their side, it was knowing about my aspirations, my in depth experience till now, kind of projects i have worked on, my strengths, weaknesses etc. Overall it was to know each other in more depth. Following the session, they were happy to make me an offer.

I won't give the details of the interview questions. But if you have been hands-on, passionate about solving problems, keen on thinking the Object oriented way and following a TDD approach (even if never had exposure ... at least for sometime try to practice ... it's a great approach) ... then you should definitely give it a shot ... I'm sure you would love to be a part of this organisation

And believe me, even if you eventually be Or not be a part of the organisation, at least you'd be happy to be part of the whole process, learn from it and know a few more good people ... who knows they could be your buddies forever :)

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.