Encana Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Encana Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct, 2018

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO (US)) in January-2014.

Interview

I applied online. After a brief interview, I was asked to visit EnCana's Denver office for an in-person interview. I talked with several managers. They were all polite. I answered all of their questions as professionally and intelligently as I could. One interviewer looked me in the eye and said she would contact me to let me know the outcome of the hiring decision. Another manager told me I would hear the decision by the end of the week. I left the building with a positive feeling. Then nothing. No one at EnCana bothered to give me notice of their rejection. I was left to wonder in silence. The promised communication was a lie. This is the height of unprofessionalism in my view.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Encana (Laramie, WY (US)) in October-2013.

Interview

It was pretty good, interviewers asked why did i choose Encana, and talked a lot about their own company and where it's going. Overall very nice and polite.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO (US)) in November-2014.

Interview

Detailed with 2 other Admins, lasted about 45 minutes and reviewed various information about ECA and being an admin. Tested my knowledge of the company and industry. Made sure personality aligned with others.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have downtime at work?   1 Answer

Group Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Springs, WY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Encana (Rock Springs, WY (US)) in November-2010.

Interview

- Process was early in Encana's growth and was very informal with the dept. manager this process was changed significantly over the years
    - Communications was terrible with the manager, unanswered calls and emails for months at times
    - Hiring process took forever to get approved
    - HR at that time was awesome
    - Onboarding process was still somewhat limited but is vastly improved now

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any, interview was conducted over dinner and the questions were mostly about what I had done in the past and what I could bring to the table.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Encana (Dallas, TX (US)) in February-2011.

Interview

Was contacted by someone in HR, she was very nice and had a very positive attitude about bringing me in for an interview. When I finally setup the interview, I arrived at the building and was very impressed with how everything was so nice. They have a great office, and everyone was very friendly and seemed approachable. I was taken to a room by one of the HR people and talked to her a while about why Encana is such a great company to work for. She left, and two guys came in and interviewed me. They were EXTREMELY relaxed, interested and overall seemed to care about me. I have not heard back from them yet, but I am hoping to soon. Don't be stressed about an interview with Encana.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO (US)) in November-2008.

Interview

I was given a phone interview; an offer was made at the end of the conversation. My interviewer is a CPA and she was aware that I had no previous oil and gas accounting experience, so we discussed my desire to join the industry and my ability to apply accounting rules to inventory and accounts receivable.

Negotiation

I Not applicable to my situation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO (US)) in October-2013.

Interview

The interview process came from my university. Encana did a very good job of being accessible and very professional. As for the interview, it was not to bad. It was behavioral based

Interview Questions

• There were not to many difficult question in my interview. It was very conversational and they just asked me about my college experience and how I juggled school with everything else   Answer Question

Negotiation

not really able to negotiate for an internship

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO (US)) in November-2014.

Interview

My interview was set up by a coordinator, who was very professional. The interview took place in a conference room and was divided into two portions. First I met with the coordinator who let me know about the company benefits -- awesome! -- and the second part of the interview was with the supervisor and a co-worker. Questions were the very basic questions you would expect about background and experience along with what I had to offer the company. The company culture came across as very relaxed and supportive. All in all a very good interview!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Very nice conversation.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Encana.

Interview

They held a meet and greet at my university, the day before interviews were to be held. We were able to meet with interviewers ahead of time, and that helped to ease the interview jitters and I felt like the interview was more of a conversation than 'being grilled.'

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you felt like you failed, and what you did to overcome that.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Encana in March-2011.

Interview

I was recruited on the University of Texas at Dallas Campus during a company presentation and on-site interview. After the first interview I was recommended for a position in Denver, CO and proceeded with a second interview. Shortly after the second interview I was given an offer for the internship.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about interacting with stakeholders and influencing without direct authority.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not choose to negotiate the offer as I was interviewing for an internship position.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.