Eidos Montreal Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Eidos Montreal Interview Questions

Interviews at Eidos Montreal

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eidos Montreal.

Interview

Skill test done at university with other students used as a prefilter. Then you get to do an interview with a couple of their leads to assess your actual knowledge of game development and show that you have a real desire to get this position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is difficult or unexpected during the interview. They simply want to size you up and see if you still correspond to your test and that you show enthusiasm in the position you're applying for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eidos Montreal.

Interview

applied thru the university's website, was called to have a skills test with a group of other students. some days later I was approched for an interview : 2 software engineers and 1 HR.

Interview Questions

• what's a dot product and what's it's purpose ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negociation since it's an internship

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eidos Montreal (Montreal, QC) in June 2011.

Interview

Two in-person interviews with a standard kind of overview of my experience, and a few questions to see if I knew my stuff. They called me in a third time just to meet one member of top management briefly so he could sign off, and then HR gave me an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How many servers would you need to build a well performing web cluster?   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eidos Montreal (Montreal, QC).

Interview

It was a phone interview, followed by one in person with HR and the department manager. Most of the questions involve your knowledge of the QA process as well as your knowledge of games in general.

R&D Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eidos Montreal in August 2014.

Interview

I applied to Eidos Montreal for different positions and they considered me for R&D programmer position. They contacted me for interview after 2 week I applied for the company. It is one of the most professional handled interview I ever attended. It looks like this position is for Square Enix. It is a completely different office from Eidos Montreal.

The process is three round of interview(Square Enix)
    1. General test and interview with the project manager and HR
    2. Interview with 2 team members, project manager and HR
    3. With head of project in Square-Enix-Japan

In round one, general test and around 130 question in algorithms, c, c++, design patterns, c#, threading, hardware 3d graphics, networking, general software practices. It is almost impossible to attend all question because it is just one hour test. Just do as much as you can and the sections related to your job position. After the written test you need to sign NDA because they show some of their intellectual property. Then a regular discussion with HR and project manager about past work experience etc. Then the project manager presented a slide show about the project that I will be working on. The HR told they will contact me within the end of the week. The HR contacted the next day and called me for interview for the next round. In two day I had my next round.

In round two, little introduction and question from CV. The 2 technical team members will ask full fetched technical interview questions about graphics, file system, physics, threading, networking, debugging code. The HR and project manager will watch your response and how you handle the situation, stress etc. Some question were challenging and they tried to confuse you and test how deep you know the concepts.

The next I got another job offer and informed the HR about it and asked the amount of time it will take for the remaining interview step. I had only 2 or 3 days to inform my decision and I did not want to lose the other opportunity. Then next day HR told they decided to proceed with other candidate.

Senior Level Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Eidos Montreal (Montreal, QC).

Interview

Contacted recruiter at Eidos and setup an interview. I interviewed and it went well, I was by email it went well, but no offer. I was told they decided to change the role need to Art Outsource Manager.

Contacted a second time and asked if I wanted to interview again for above role, and I said sure, then no follow-up. A month later I was asked if I wanted to come in for a interview again for same role different project.

interview went really well again, and again they said they revisited the position and decided not to fill the role.

Interview Questions

• Main question was to revisit my experience and how I got to where I am.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.