Economical Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Economical Insurance

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Hero Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Economical Insurance (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Applied online, within 2-3days had a telephone interview (20-30mins), was then invited to a group (8others) interview within 2 weeks. Interview comprised of 2mangers asking 5-6 situational/behavioural questions after which another set of mangers come in and do the same, a total of maybe 12 questions. Very nice building, very polite individuals, felt welcomed. Within less than a week was given a verbal offer after which is followed by criminal/credit and reference check.

Interview Questions

• What’s your super power?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for sonnet?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a situation you had an irate customer how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How do you help create a positive work environment?   Answer Question
    • What’s a common misperception of you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself that we couldn’t guess by looking at you?   Answer Question
    • What’s something you taught yourself within the last 6months?   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)

Interview

The whole qualifying process with Economical has been quite upsetting or even humiliating. There was the telephone interview, a lengthy personality assessment test, two different typing tests, one Q & A interview digging out how you dealt with difficult former co-worker(s), or difficult situation based on real experiences from previous insurance companies, etc.etc.. They required three references too.

I achieved my CIP designation and I have more than five (5) years of experience working as a Commercial Underwriting Assistant. They didn't even ask to see my CIP certificate. They turned me down!! I asked why, they only provided a blanket statement!!

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Economical Insurance (Mississauga, ON) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was predominantly behavioral questions. We begun the interview with questions which related to my background and experience. The next set of questions were general and broad behavioral questions. The last set of questions focused on behavioral questions which related to the company's values.

Interview Questions

• I.e. explain at time when you improved a process or demonstrated innovation?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Economical Insurance.

Interview

Applied through university. Selected for interview. One round. Offer extended within 2 weeks. Interview with three members of the team. One senior executive, two senior managers. Routine questions on resume, experience, situational and behavioural. Few technical questions.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, with the initial interview primarily running through resume and behavioural questions, and second round covering more behaviourals and a few technical or market questions. Interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Intermediate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Economical Insurance (Waterloo, ON) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this role and within a week got an email to set up a phone interview with HR.
    Next step I had a face to face interview with the hiring Manager (Sr Finance Manager), prior to that I had to do a personality test.
    The interview I thought went pretty well, until I asked what the key challenges for the role is and I was outright told that I am over qualified for the position!

People apply to positions for various reasons... could be my desired company/industry, could be that I wanna be closer to home etc, I think what's more important is establishing if the candidate can perform on the job and assessing wether they'll be around the company for long...anyway..

So a week after the interview, I reach out to HR for feedback and I am told my application is still under consideration (hiring manager still wrapping up with interviews) and that they'll have feedback for me in the following week - fair enough - so following week comes and I don't hear a thing so I follow up and I am told hiring manager will reach out to me by end of that week.
    So as you guessed, I didn't hear a word from hiring manager.

At this point I was basically just trying to get some feedback cos for me, I seek to get better at what I do.
    I am plain disappointed with the whole process and I forgot to say that the exact same job got reposted this week and receiving applications.

This might be unrelated, but it's worth saying....
    On the day of the interview ( which was during typical core lunch hours) I observed staff going in and out of the building while I waited at the reception and believe it or not, I didn't see any non-Caucasian.

....and to top it off, go look at the leadership team on their website and you would see for yourself!
    This company needs to start embracing DIVERSITY! and needless to say I am a person of colour, not sure if this had anything to do with my experience above.

Underwriter Interview

Interview

The process takes me about 1 month. 2 phone screening -- I rejected the office site of the 1st one, they assigned me to another office near where I live, and then on-site interview. The offer came in writing. I was too innocent to accept the job without any negotiation.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Economical Insurance.

Interview

Typical questions. Why economical? Why the insurance industry? First interview was done over the phone. After the phone interview I was asked to fill out a data entry test as well as a personality assessment.

Interview Questions

• The HR recruiter asked if I would have a problem purchasing a parking pass at my own expense (Approx $20/month).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Economical Insurance (Calgary, AB) in June 2012.

Interview

first got the phone call from leader to schedule date to interview , and interview 1:1 for twice after 2weeks got the phone call and confired which day come to work .

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Economical Insurance (Edmonton, AB) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online on June 2015, received an email confirming an appropriate date and time for a phone-interview. The phone interview was very general and only took about 15 minutes. After this initial phone interview she sent me an email to do an online typing data/entry assessment. After about two weeks, I received a call from one of the team leads to set up an in person interview. The interview was about half an hour with two team leads, they asked about my prior work experiences and why I chose the insurance industry. The second part of the interview was in relation to their code of conduct and was scenario based questions. After three weeks I received a call from the team lead and an offer of employment which I accepted in August 2015.

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Economical Insurance (Kitchener, ON) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and typing test followed by an in person interview with an HR representative and a team lead about a week later. Typical structured questions followed by behavioural questions. The behavioural questions were to do with their core values so make sure to prepare some examples how well you work with others, how you deal with conflict, criticism, ethical behaviour at work.

Interview Questions

• Last time you had a strained relationship with a colleague and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Situation in which you had difficulty adjusting to change?   Answer Question
    • How well do you handle criticism, give an example   Answer Question
    • How do you remain organized and focused on a job with many repetitve tasks   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.