East Side Mario's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at East Side Mario's

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at East Side Mario's

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at East Side Mario's.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very simple and brief, as they needed someone to start right away. It was a basic interview with no in depth questions. Just generic conversation about why you think you'd be a good fit, and what you could bring to their company.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East Side Mario's (Toronto, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

Honestly, they seemed desperate. I knew someone working there and was kind when I spoke to the manager so I was essentially hired on the spot. It was pretty easy and honestly didn’t really feel like an interview - probably because it essentially wasn’t

Interview Questions

• Do you have your smart serve   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at East Side Mario's (Toronto, ON) in March 2018.

Interview

it was very quick and very basic , just can you do the job and what time are you available. It only took 5 minutes and a quick tour of the area

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East Side Mario's (Newmarket, ON) in February 2018.

Interview

They did two separate interviews, first with a hiring manager then another with the GM, they want to make sure you will be a good fit for the company. They ask you about your experience in restaurants as well as personal hobbies/ interests.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your favorite dish from East Sides? How do we talk to children?   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at East Side Mario's (Toronto, ON) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview in one week after I applied on CARA site. Interviewer was very friendly and nice. There was no one difficult question. They want you to start work as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience related to this position.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at East Side Mario's.

Interview

I got a call on Sunday for an interview the next day. The manager was very distracted throughout but super friendly. She offered me the job at the end of the interview.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at East Side Mario's (Barrie, ON).

Interview

Interviewed in a booth with women manager right away

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What are your hobbies?
      What position are you looking for?
      Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at East Side Mario's.

Interview

Had a very casual interview with the GM and was hired on the spot for the job. Questions were very easy and relatable to the job. Asked about my experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my extra curicular activities   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at East Side Mario's (Toronto, ON) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well atmosphere is definitely very welcoming I waited for about 10 minutes because I came early. The woman who interviewed me was very kind we didn't just talk about Eastside Marios we talked about school what I want to be when I'm older trips I've been on overall it was a very good interview

Interview Questions

• Situational questions   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to East side Mario's and not anywhere else like what made you inclined to work here   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself in three words   1 Answer
    • Why should we choose you over other candidates   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at East Side Mario's.

Interview

Fairly laid-back. Met with kitchen manager. Seemed to be figuring out whether I had a decent work ethic more than anything else. No real questioning of my unique skills, aspirations, or future plans. It felt more awkward than it did stressful. If you're nervous, I wouldn't be. Just demonstrate a willingness to work and be civil. You'll be fine.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.