EY Intern Interview Questions

Updated 4 Feb, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Toronto, ON) in May-2015.

Interview

I went through the networking process for two years prior to get to know the firm better. I had a meeting with a senior manager, then one of the campus recruiting managers. They do a lot to make sure that you feel comfortable during the interview to ensure that you are being yourself. The questions were designed to get you to open up more.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Toronto, ON) in September-2014.

Interview

The whole process happens through my university. We have to network with the team from very early on and get to have a close relationship to be considered eligible for an interview. Once you have the interview it is pretty conversational, just basically getting to know you more and within a few hours they let you know if you got the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

For audit intern, 2 interviews with the managers and partners. 30 mins each.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Vancouver, BC) in October-2012.

Interview

It was a back to back interview at the school campus for internship. The first interview with a manager for behavior questions and second interview with a partner for conversation purpose. The first interview had a list of prepared questions and was more structured. Second interview was a conversation with the partner and the conversation started off with a question from my resume. The conversation with the partner was really easy and I did a little of back ground research on her.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you are a leader?   Answer Question
    • Has there been a time where someone wasn't doing their job? and what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in January-2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview, but did not get to the AC. All questions were marked with 1, 3, or 5 points. The interview was conducted by a third party (recruiting firm), so the HR get absolutely no insight about the interviewee. From the 8 questions they as you, you need to score the minimum of 30 out of 40 points. Enthusiasm in your voice is more important than what you actually say, so do try to sound hyped. Also, dont answer the question itself. Try to think of what one quality this question is supposed to measure and just give them as much cliched bs as you can. Again, you are not talking to consultants, but to irrelevant phone recruiters, who have little idea about the business.

Interview Questions

• Why EY? What value can you bring to a client? How would you work without your manager?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Bristol, England (UK)) in December-2015.

Interview

Applied for summer internship in audit. Application form straightforward, no need for CV. Online tests on a 'stregnths portal', involved very time pressured numerical test (as the time it takes counts towards your score), a situational judgement test, a business behaviours test and a what's your mindset test. After this was a telephone interview and then an assessment centre. At the AC there was a group exercise, written report (again very time pressured - they don't expect you to complete it) and finally an interview with a senior member of staff which included a presentation. There is no guarantee over the order of these tasks.

Interview Questions

• What makes EY different to the rest of the Big 4? Why did you select your service line (assurance, audit, core audit) and location? Do you focus on detail or the big picture? Partner interview at AC more discussive - he really focused on my answers and the questions followed from them. Standard stuff about how you work within a team, thinking process under duress etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and heard back about two weeks later. I had a phone interview but was notified two weeks after that that they would not be continuing any further with my process. The phone interview was done by an HR recruiter. The questions were mostly behavior and not difficult

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Average Interview, everyone was really nice. First interview on campus. Then I was invited for a second round. The whole process took around 1-2months. It was longer for me since its for advisory program in New York. Other division are generally quicker.

Interview Questions

• Q: Run me through your resume. Q: Why EY? Q: What do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

1st round was a phone interview that included a behavioral fit portion and showing what you know about the company. The 2nd round was an in person interview in the office. There are other prospective candidates you have the chance to interact with. During the 2nd round interview, there are multiple one-on-one rounds. Depending on the division there will also be a technical component, case study, or writing segment.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I got a call from HR of EY saying that there is an opening in Information Security field with designation as Intern. First round was from HR via telephone, on which my basic details were asked. The questions mainly included of my education, family,etc. . Then the second round was conducted in EY office, which was a aptitude test. There were around 20 of candidates for that round and after the test half of them were eliminated. After that a technical level interview was conducted, on which core networking skills were tested. Also during the interview, College projects and seminars were also cam as topic for questons