ELEXON Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 25 Sep, 2017

2.7

Trainee Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ELEXON (London, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

I applied online.
    SHL Test-numerical,verbal and inductive reasoning
    The graduate assessment center started from 12:15 - 4:00 pm. Five candidates were present.We were given several pages of information on Elexon. Then we interacted with about 12 staffs (too much) in the meeting room. I disliked the fact that we were informed via email that the assessment day will involve a group exercise,interview and presentation.However on the day there was no group exercise,there was an excel test,email test,panel interview and presentation with 3 staff each.This made you nervous. A lady in the interview panel called karen was kind of strict.
    After this each candidate had a private chat with a staff on how the day went,any questions we had and we were given a feedback form which had to be handed to the staff.Honestly that was just silly, because no candidate will ever write a honest feedback due to anonymity issue.Although we were told when handing it to the staff during the 1:1 chat that he will not read it.
    I still have not gotten any feedback after a week and I assume I was unsuccessfully because i did not do well in the excel test.

Interview Questions

• what does elexon do
      what does teamwork mean to you
      a time you made a mistake
      what kind of company do you want to work in
      key skills of your role   Answer Question

20 Oct, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback about the graduate assessment event. We have noted your comments about the event and possibly creating an unsettling environment for candidates. The last thing we would... More

Graduate Trainee Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ELEXON (London, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

The assesment day started at 12 and finished after 16.00. In the beginning there was a welcome event from a few employees of the company. After that there were two interview tasks. The first included a 30 minutes interview with competency questions and the second a 10 minutes presentation followed by a 20 minutes Q&A. In every interview panel there were 3 assessors. The level of the interviews was average and not too strict. The presentation questions are based on the field that you present and they are also focussed on tasks that you know. You should be well-prepared for the competency questions and not underestimate them. All the employees I talked with were really friendly and keen on learning more about you. They were all talking about the good work-life balance character of the company.
    Something that I wasn't informed about was a 20-minute assessment including Excel tests and a typical email reply. Elexon should inform the future candidates about this task as well.
    In general it wasn't a bad assessment experience compared with others.

Interview Questions

• -What do you know about Elexon? You should know some specific tasks.
      -What do you want to improve through Elexon
      -Comptency questions such as what are the skills you can bring to the company, how would a friend describe you, describe a time where you made a mistake etc.   Answer Question

2 Oct, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback. We do aim to make the graduate recruitment day a positive experience. We do look for specific qualities during the assessment and are interested in how candidates deal... More

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ELEXON (London, England (UK)) in September-2014.

Interview

Assessment day. Broken down into a group task, individual pre prepared presentation and also a competency interview. Two managers interviewed me, all pretty standard questions (why elexon, why you, why the role etc.) Lasted around 40 minutes.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

Interview

The hiring process involved very difficult online aptitude tests. I recommend taking your time with this. After being called to the office for the interview i was joined by 16 other highly qualified graduates aiming for about 5 places. The process was very well defined and it didnt run on too long.
    We had group exercises and the opportunity to talk with alot of the managers and the CEO as well as other employees. We got a full tour and it was a very enjoyable experience. We had group exercises - presentations - individual interview. I would advise you to be proactive and also to be yourself.

Interview Questions

ELEXON Response

19 Jul, 2016 – Communications Channel Manager

Hi, thank you for the honest assessment of our graduate scheme interview, reviews like yours give us an insight into what works well and what we need to improve with our interview process.

We've... More

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ELEXON (London, England (UK)) in June-2014.

Interview

Interview was arranged through agency, but whole process was rather quick and streamlined.
    Interview consisted of 2 stages: phone screening and panel discussion. Phone screening was rather quick (15min) and quite technical.
    Panel interview was on-site, with 3 senior managers. It was the most pleasant interview process I had so far. Very nice discussions about technical aspects with lots of "what if" and general knowledge questions. It wasn't just a standard "CV surf" and "tell us about your experience", which is sadly so common nowadays.
    Sadly I haven't got the offer, especially that Elexon seems to have a very good working environment.

19 Jul, 2016 – Communications Channel Manager

Hi, we are happy to read that you had a such a positive experience interviewing at ELEXON.
    We all lead pretty busy personal lives and careers but please take out time to look at our Vacancies page... More

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ELEXON (London, England (UK)) in September-2011.

Interview

Found job via a job board and agency and it took around 2 weeks to get an interview. Asked to prepare and present on ‘a specific service improvement that deliver a process / service efficiency or cost saving benefit from a contract’. Interviewed by an SDM and an HR Advisor very pleasant however but not very forthcoming with details of the role. Focused on service delivery and the customer as you would expect

The big negative at the end of the interview was informed that it was a single interview process and I would "definitely hear from Elexon within the next 24 hours". I responded positively to this comment and it was affirmed by the interviews that this is the way Elexon works. This just did not occur with no feedback. the agency let slip that they had not being able to get hold of the HR Advisor for a number of days and was also unaware that Elexon were advertising the role on the day of the interview with other agencies.

Elexon talk good customer service and values but appear to have problems with “walking the talk”. What exactly is the role of the HR Advisor who added little value whilst the interview was in progress? My advice, don't waste your time attending an interview with this company until they get their act together.

Interview Questions

• How would you detemine which KPI's you would need to measure when engaging with a new customer?   Answer Question

20 Jul, 2016 – Communications Channel Manager

Hi, thank you for your honest response, it definitely sounds like some wires got crossed here.

Our interview process includes questions that uncover the skills and attitude of potential... More

Rathernotsay Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ELEXON (London, England (UK)) in December-2009.

Interview

through agency, 2 interviews, no tests. Made to feel welcome. interviewed by team and boss, then top boss second time. would recommend checking the website.

Interview Questions

• Do I have an understanding of BMS?

CAREFUL- THEY LOVE THEIR ACRONYMS. Gets too confusing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't really get an opportunity to negotiate, but was through and agency.