Dunnes Stores Online Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Dunnes Stores

1 Interview Review

0.0

Online Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dunnes Stores in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the role of Online Operations Manager and was offered an interview 1.5 months later. Went in to the interview and granted I was early, but the interviewers showed up 15 minutes late. I was led into a boardroom and after introductions they made it clear that I was not interviewing for the role advertised, it was a much more junior role. Out of professionalism I would have expected this to be communicated to me beforehand, to give me the option of whether or not to proceed. I was totally blindsided but carried on regardless.

One hour later the interview wrapped up and it seemed to have gone very well. I left and sent a thank you email and got a prompt reply thanking me for coming in and asking for references.

I provided them along with a written reference.

I had a response thanking me for the reference details and that they would be in touch. 2 weeks later I had an email to tell me they wouldn't be taking my application any further. I was a little surprised, as they had been in contact when not necessary and seemed keen. I was not totally disappointed as this junior role would not have been for me, but I did hope for some role in the middle.

I asked for feedback and got a response to say they do not provide individual feedback. I have never had this happen before and found it a little weak and bizarre.

I'm now left wondering if my salary expectations were too high? If they are going with someone more senior for the role I applied for and more junior for the role they discussed or if in fact my reference was sabotaged.

Overall I've had a very negative experience of Dunnes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.