DoorDash Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 865 of over 865 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

DoorDash

Application

I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Screening interview, followed by a take-home assessment consisted with two question, one of which was specific scenario with clients, then final interviews with 3 managers, one of which was a role play with client

Interview Questions
  • How would past employers/bosses describe you?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DoorDash (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Initial Reach out (Day 1): Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. She scheduled time to introduce the position and gather interest. After that she connected me to the hiring manager for an exploratory call. At this point I figured, if there is alignment, they will begin the interview process so I look forward to it. Exploratory Calls (3 Screens: 1 Manager, 1 Skip Level, 1 System Design) Day 30+: Next the recruiter disappears for a 1+ week. After I follow up, some other recruiter replies back stating that the initial recruiter no longer works there. No problem, what's next? She schedules a Technical Chat with another Director. Fair enough, I suppose this is the starting of the interview loop. After that call, they schedule another System Design Round. And mind you, nobody - no recruiter calls to explain the entire process or the timeline guidance. Next Steps - Day 45+: By this time, an entire month had gone by, from the initial recruiter phone screen. 2+ weeks go by, another (3rd recruiter now) sends me a text message asking if I have time for a phone chat regarding next steps. We speak on phone. She tells me how excited she is for me to proceed to the next steps of the virtual on-site. Here's the kicker -> she tells me she will connect me to another (4th recruiter) who specializes in EM Role On-sites and will be connect with me. Day 52 (Virtual On-site - 6 Rounds): 2 System Design, 1 Team Building, 1 Execution Style, 1 Manager Goals, 1 Product Acumen At the end of the on-site, I reached out to the recruiter to let her know that I will be expecting an update in a few short reasonable days. She immediately responds that she will debrief with the team in a couple of days will get back to me very soon! Alright, almost 2 months in process but finally done right? Nope. Day 60: Recruiter has still not given me an update after two follow up emails. Overall, this was 60 days long process with 5 different recruiters and none of them a single point of contact for me as the candidate and unnecessary duplication spread across 4 screening rounds and 6 on-site rounds for what --- absolutely nothing. For being ghosted by their numerous recruiters. Very time-consuming and very very negative experience interviewing at DoorDash.

Interview Questions
  • Design a system x 2 (all common questions on educative.io) No coding questions Screening questions about experience, hiring, feedbacks Onsite behavioral questions about role of a manager, diversity, inclusion, conflict resolution, and performance reviewing, feedbacks.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DoorDash (New York, NY)

Interview

After several rounds of interviews and more than 8+ hours spent on an excel assignment and case study, the recruiter couldn’t even take the time to let me know they offered the job to another candidate after 3 weeks post final interview. I feel like I dodged a bullet because looking back, requiring candidates to do extensive free work putting together strategies and solutions for the company as part of the interview process seems like they are taking advantage of talented and qualified applicants. A lot of wasted PTO on this interview process.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of behavioral questions (Star) and questions from case study.

DoorDash

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Recruiter reached out on Linkedin, I was provided a link to book a time to chat. I was like, "sure, why not!" Doordash is hot. I booked a time. Few days before the time, I saw that the invite disappeared from my calendar. I went and checked the invitation email, I saw that the call was cancelled, WITHOUT any email notifying me or even saying why. They did not even bother to ask me to reschedule it, I guess, when a company is too hot, they could dump candidates to talk to other better candidates easily, "sure why not!"

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Standard interview process, round with recruiter then assessment then multiple rounds online. The assessment was very heavy and unstructured. It didn’t the candidate was set up for success with mismatched expectations.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Got interviewed for a TPM role. Hiring manager said it’s a go. Round two was young dude who after my 2 minute intro basically said that I should be a software engineer and said he would hire me for a junior role and did not want to pursue the interview. After 15 years of experience I had to hear this. I could tell he was being RACIST as well. I told him I wasn’t interested and we had ended the interview after 5 minutes! WORST. INTERVIEW. EXPERIENCE. EVER.

Interview Questions
  • Are you white? If not don’t worry about interviewing here.
3 people found this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Great experience from start to finish. They make the process easy and pleasant. Every interviewer was gracious and thanked me for making the time to interview. No offer, but I think the experience says tons a lot the company!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Applied online. Went through recruiter call, then homework assignment you need to submit in 48 hours. First round interview was SQL skills then behavioral. Final round was case study then behavioral. Overall everyone was really nice. It just sucked that I did a 6 hour homework assignment and never presented it to anyone. I'm also not sure how I feel about scheduling a meeting with a recruiter just for them to tell me I was rejected. For me, a personalized email would have worked much better.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Great! Had a wonderful HR screening and have to do an analytics exercise with a 24 hr turnaround time. They let you decide when you receive the exercise so that it's convenient for you.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about background. Are you comfortable with data analytics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DoorDash (New York, NY)

Interview

The interviewer had no questions prepared other than compensation, but was fairly thorough in giving a general overview of what the position would look like. When I gave him my preferred salary range, he said something along the lines of “That’s great. That’s right around what everyone else is asking.” However, a few days later, when he sent an email about the next steps for the interview process, he mentioned that the salary was actually $35,000 below what I had asked for and there was no room for negotiation. This may sound like I asked for a lot, but really the salary was just below even what I would expect from an entry-level job despite the position requiring 3-5 years of experience. I withdrew from the process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Process was okay but unnecessarily long to me. First spoke with a recruiter - Then had two interviews a behavioral and a case - Next round was a case where I had to present a presentation to a panel of three (ended up not making it past this point) was told I'd have another round of interviews after, if I was successful with the presentation. Having a marathon type interview approach (weeks worth of interviews) is pretty ineffective in my opinion. Please find a better way to identify and court talent. The process certainly dampened the excitement of joining DoorDash. I also was surprised at the lack of diversity when being interviewed (which made me not very surprised when I was passed up) it can be hard to hire diverse talent when the interviewers have similar backgrounds and are looking for a certain "profile." First time in a long time where I've witnessed so little diversity in the interview process. Overall Impression - Not sure if I would have accepted had I received the offer. I spoke to a few nice people but also interacted with one or two "stuck up" individuals. I'm sure the work would have been cool but if the people aren't than company culture can be a challenge. Clearly I wasn't the right fit. Best of luck to anyone else looking to interview.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 865 Interviews