Interview Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

-Redmond, WA

Microsoft

Describe a ideal/dream day at work, describe a time when you were and were not successful at driving feedback into the product group, do you think social media should be considered for gathering feature related feedback, have you ever been a feature PM in your past work experience.

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

3 Answers

Every interview is different so many responses can fit. It often takes many interviews at Microsoft to find a fit.

Anonymous on

Anwer will vary from person to person. Describe an ideal/dream day at work: For me ideal day and dream day is the day when I get some recognization for my work or got a bonus or co-worker told me how I made the positive impact in their life and that makes me happy. Describe a time when you were and were not successful at driving feedback into the product group: This issue commonly in a project where the sprint backlog is not successfully or clearly transpired to the scrum team. A miscommunication can lead to wrong product or sometimes developers cooperation also makes it easy or hard to have a successful driving feedback into the product. For me sometimes team internal arguments on how the product should be built etc made me not successfully drive feedback into the product and that lead to one high value item missed to impress the customer. Finding a good techno-functional team is crucial. Do you think social media should be considered for gathering feature related feedback? Yes absolutely. the primary reason Microsoft acquiring linkdin is to gather that feedback liaison with top C-Level folks to deliver the products or features. I have seen companies like salesforce constantly take feedback from its forums and implement those to their products. have you ever been a feature PM in your past work experience? Yes I have been a MVP Most valuable employee in my company. That for my both technical work as well as PM work not just PM work. Its very difficult for a PM to feature inside a technology company where they feel technical folks are their assets. Google / Facebook etc need people who are technically sound to be a PM however traditional companies like HP/IBM they separate those roles. A PM need to be strong in PM and a Developer needs to be strong in Technology. Both methods has advantages and disadvantages.

Laxmikanta Dash on

The key in generic questions like this, is to make sure to cover the fundamentals. There's usually a back-and-forth with the interviewer. Might be worth doing a mock interview with one of the Microsoft Senior Program Manager experts on Prepfully? Really helps to get some real-world practice and guidance. prepfully.com/practice-interviews

Anonymous on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.