Dell Technologies Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Dell Technologies Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nashville, TN (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

All the interview questions are created by Dell corporate and delivered by managers. The hiring process generally is a marathon, not a sprint. If you have a contact who can get you in touch with hiring managers, this will most definitely expedite the process.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time you encountered pushback from a customer and how you turned the situation around to win the business
    - How would you qualify a potential customer?
    - Let's say we offer you the position and you take the role. It's day one. What's your plan of action?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

not very difficult at all. was very average as far as comparing to other entry level sales positions. i would recommend just staying confident and make eye contact the entire time. they really liked that about my interview

Interview Questions

• why do you stand out from the other candidates? describe a time when you felt you overcame a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nashville, TN (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Really simple. Basically they just want to know who you are and if they like you enough to offer the position. They'll ask you some questions based on your experience and school history-- also they want to know that you can keep a relationship with a client.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you had an issue with a customer/client and how you solved it   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

Literally just a 15 min phone call with two different managers. No in person interview. Had my offer within a few weeks. Accepted pretty much after that. Would say if you cant get this job as a recent college grad you are doing something very obviously wrong.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by an executive recruiter.

Interview Questions

• I had two interviews, a skills test and an IQ test. Both were at an expected level   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

long process and very unorganized. they just have random managers complete the process who have no business conducting an interview. Once you do have an interview, you then have to hope that they don't loose your info in a folder. They never know when they are even able to hire because of their "head count" Changes day to day

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nashville, TN (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online with a referral from a fellow employee. I had a phone interview with HR and a second interview 2 weeks later over the phone. I was offered the position 2 weeks later.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

I first received an email, then they asked me for a phone interview. During the phone interview they asked me to explain my experience, then we set up a face to face interview. The in person interview had 3 managers and they asked me a variety of questions relating to sales.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the customer needed a quote by COB and you couldn't get it done?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I was already a Dell employee. I was a sales rep. in the consumer sales division. I started mentoring in the SPA (select public accounts) department for an account manager position. I set up mentoring sessions with various account managers and their managers. I was then asked to interview once I had fulfilled my 18 month requirement in consumer sales. The interview was with 3 different sales managers. It was very conversational. I had my resume and a powerpoint deck with my quarterly numbers and awards (Dell loves DAP (Dell Action Plan) decks). My manager at the time helped my with the Deck.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was ofered a pay increase, but no level increase. I asked for a SR3, rather than a SR2, but was told I should be very happy with the generous pay increase- not everyone was offered that.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

Very professional. Very structured interview and company. A lot of the benefits have declined over time and the market growth is what it used to be. If you want to start out working hourly, cutting your teeth to make a decent salary someday, this place is for you. If you dont like working on the phone, this place is not for you. Good luck!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.