Connected Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 20 Sep, 2017

2.5

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON).

Interview

There were two portfolio interviews although I wasn't sure why it couldn't have been just one. The interviewees in the first interview were respectful, asked thoughtful questions and the overall experience was nice. Although in the second interview, one of the interviewees seemed uninterested and bored right from the beginning.

Software Engineer (IOS, Android, Full Stack Web) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in August-2017.

Interview

First stage of the interview consisted of a coding challenge on hackerrank & duration of the challenge was 2 hours. As a college diploma holder who didn't have to study Algothrims & Data Structures, it was daunting at first but I was able to complete the challenge with help of Google & little bit of common sense on my own.

I was out of the candidacy because I failed at the first question. That took me by surprise a little bit. Well no body is perfect, but I believe what matters we try & I think Connected Lab could have that appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Given a number input, how would search element in a Binary Search Tree?   Answer Question
    • There are n people standing in line to buy show tickets.Due to high demand, the venue sells tickets according to the following rules:

- The person at the head of the line can buy exactly 1 ticket and must then exit the line.
      - If a person needs to purchase additional tickets, they must re-enter the end of the line and wait to be sold their next ticket (assume exit and re-entry takes 0 seconds).
      - Each ticket sale takes exactly 1 second.

We express initial line of n people as an array, tickets = [tickets0, tickets1 ... ticketsN-1], where ticketsi denotes the number of tickets that person i wishes to buy. If Jesse is located at a position p, how many seconds will it take for him to purchase ticketsp tickets.

Complete the waitingTime function in the editor below. It has two parameters:

- An array, tickets, of n positive integers describing initial sequence of people standing in line. Each ticketsi describes number of tickets that a person waiting at initial position i needs to purchase.
      - An integer p, denoting Jesse's position in tickets.

Sample Input: 5 2 6 3 4 5 2
      Sample Output: 12
      Sample Input: 4 5 5 2 3 3
      Sample Output 11   Answer Question
    • What is the complexity of the following:

a = a * 2;   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in July-2017.

Interview

Standard interview which consisted of a portfolio review and a brief discussion about my background. Interviewer seemed disinterested from the get-go, leaning back on his chair 75% of the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What work did you do in your current company?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in July-2017.

Interview

This first phase of the interview process revolved around an onsite interview where I had to talk about a project from my portfolio and walk the interviewer through my process. Pretty standard stuff. The interviewer was nice enough, but seemed a bit disinterested based on his body language.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in June-2017.

Interview

Applied online and was sent an online test: 3 algorithm questions. Got a response after 3 weeks. I was invited on-site. Interview was with 2 very young developers. One was nice and friendly, the other one condescending and unfriendly. I was asked to provide my answers on a white board. I didn't find the coding question fair.

Interview Questions

• 1. Code question- how to change colour in a multidimensional array? function changeColour(arr, x, y, colour)- change all the area near x,y with the original colour to a new colour?
      2. What are the main components in a web application?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in April-2017.

Interview

I get an online test after applying for it. Which is not difficult, but the question looks a little unclear. Search an element in binary search tree is the first problem. The second one is given an cinema queueing system, calculate when the customer can finish buying several tickets.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in March-2017.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of January. At the end of January, I was asked to do a HackerRank challenge (reasonably standard).

I did not hear back for another month, when I was invited to an on-site interview with two engineers. After the first interview was successful, I was invited back for a second interview the same week with another engineer which was a 1-on-1 and a lot of behavioural questions.

I did not hear from them in two weeks, in which I then emailed the HR lady, who stated that they are still looking at the budget for hiring and did not have a response. After another two weeks, they stated they were moving on from me.

Interview Questions

• First interview had a question regarding strings and a second design question related to HTTP/HTTPS trivia.   Answer Question
    • Second Interview was largely behavioural type of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in February-2017.

Interview

HR phone round followed by online technical test which is in line with other interviews and second round was a online hangout interview with couple of engineers as I was a non-local candidate.

Interview Questions

• Online test was pretty much same as compared to other reviews.
      Second hangout round consisted of one simple coding (deck of cards , check for good hand given few conditions). Then class design for browser bookmarks. Database and RESI API design for e-commerce website.
      End to end flow when I type google.com   1 Answer

Project Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON).

Interview

I went in to meet the senior and lead project designer. one of them showed me around before the interview. after we went into the meeting room and began the interview. They asked me about my work history, experiences and some personal questions. Nice and friendly people.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Connected Lab in September-2016.

Interview

Not much to say - I submitted my application online, and received an email to complete the Hackerrank challenge a couple of days later. It has been a few weeks, and I have not yet heard back since I have completed the challenge (with good code, etc.)

I have been told that the hiring process involves one round of onsite (3-4 questions asked, by the same interviewer; first question is straight code, second and third were both design questions with code somewhat optional, and a bonus fourth question if you indicate good knowledge with distributed systems/load balancing/etc.). A final interview with the VP mainly for fit before offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given an element, find if it exists in a binary search tree.
      2. Parenthesis matching - this is a commonly asked algorithms question.
      3/4. 2 Multiple choice questions regarding general programming knowledge (they were easy)   1 Answer