Connected Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 14 Jan, 2018

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter.

During the first round they invited me over to their office. It was your standard interview; I was asked about my past experience, personal projects and some white board questions.

For the second round I had an awkward meeting with the CEO at a coffee shop. The thing just turned turned bizarre after I somehow ended up at their company event. There was clearly no process in place.

Few days later I got an email from the recruiter saying that the CEO thought I was lying about something. Well...OK.

Back when I interviewed, the company wreaked of that typical startup bs:
    bro culture...check, buzzwords...check, underpaying by at least $10000 below market rate check, long hours...check, infantilization of engineers...check

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in December-2017.

Interview

Two UI/UX designers from the design department interviewed me in the office. The interview was mainly about my portfolio review, and they also asked me a few questions about the company and myself. The interviewers were very kindly asking questions to me, and respected me as an interviewee. The company culture looks very great and employees seem very open-minded and respectful.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a little bit about your educational background.
      2. What do you know about ConnectedLab?   1 Answer

Software Engineer (Full Time) Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Connected Lab.

Interview

The process was reasonably straightforward and done entirely online, which was much appreciated. It consisted of about three calls on Hangouts with various parties at the company. I breezed through it. That said, when it came down to salary talks I was offered 55k with about two years’ worth of legitimate co-op experience in similar roles. That salary offer was about 8k LOWER than what I made at my previous (co-op!) position in the same city working a similar role. They wouldn’t budge on that and used skeevy “exploding offer” (you have 48h to accept) tactics to try to get me to accept. I turned them down and got a much more reasonable offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience, the challenges you faced etc etc   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in October-2017.

Interview

Placed in a meeting room with a whiteboard, interviewed by 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Database design question, basic algorithm question, and network request/response question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Interviewer was really nice. A couple algorithm type questions. One question about architecture. A bunch of iOS specific questions. Overall a fun experience. Have free snacks. Demo days. Nice office.

Interview Questions

• A couple algorithm type questions. One question about architecture. A bunch of iOS specific questions   Answer Question

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in September-2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone screen with a recruiter and following that, an on-site interview.
    Arrived at the main office in Toronto for the interview, was met by the recruiter who showed me around the office and then ushered me into a meeting room where I was asked to wait for a few minutes.

Two devs joined me and we began the technical interview. Two algorithm questions were followed by a series of Android related questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a List, Array, and String, return an array filled with any elements that are common among the three.
      Answer on the whiteboard and was then asked about the solutions time complexity and asked to optimise further.   Answer Question
    • Flood fill algorithm.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in September-2017.

Interview

I got an email from HR asking to set up a meeting with the hiring manager. It was very efficient, no multiple rounds of interviewing. I met with the hiring manager and one other person. They asked reasonable questions about my experience (no HR type questions). It was very nice to meet them. In the end I didn't get an offer, but it was a positive experience interviewing with the company.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have directly interfacing with customers?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON).

Interview

There were two portfolio interviews although I wasn't sure why it couldn't have been just one. The interviewees in the first interview were respectful, asked thoughtful questions and the overall experience was nice. Although in the second interview, one of the interviewees seemed uninterested and bored right from the beginning.

Software Engineer (IOS, Android, Full Stack Web) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in August-2017.

Interview

First stage of the interview consisted of a coding challenge on hackerrank & duration of the challenge was 2 hours. As a college diploma holder who didn't have to study Algothrims & Data Structures, it was daunting at first but I was able to complete the challenge with help of Google & little bit of common sense on my own.

I was out of the candidacy because I failed at the first question. That took me by surprise a little bit. Well no body is perfect, but I believe what matters we try & I think Connected Lab could have that appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Given a number input, how would search element in a Binary Search Tree?   Answer Question
    • There are n people standing in line to buy show tickets.Due to high demand, the venue sells tickets according to the following rules:

- The person at the head of the line can buy exactly 1 ticket and must then exit the line.
      - If a person needs to purchase additional tickets, they must re-enter the end of the line and wait to be sold their next ticket (assume exit and re-entry takes 0 seconds).
      - Each ticket sale takes exactly 1 second.

We express initial line of n people as an array, tickets = [tickets0, tickets1 ... ticketsN-1], where ticketsi denotes the number of tickets that person i wishes to buy. If Jesse is located at a position p, how many seconds will it take for him to purchase ticketsp tickets.

Complete the waitingTime function in the editor below. It has two parameters:

- An array, tickets, of n positive integers describing initial sequence of people standing in line. Each ticketsi describes number of tickets that a person waiting at initial position i needs to purchase.
      - An integer p, denoting Jesse's position in tickets.

Sample Input: 5 2 6 3 4 5 2
      Sample Output: 12
      Sample Input: 4 5 5 2 3 3
      Sample Output 11   Answer Question
    • What is the complexity of the following:

a = a * 2;   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in July-2017.

Interview

This first phase of the interview process revolved around an onsite interview where I had to talk about a project from my portfolio and walk the interviewer through my process. Pretty standard stuff. The interviewer was nice enough, but seemed a bit disinterested based on his body language.