Connected Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 12 Oct, 2017

2.5

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in October-2017.

Interview

Placed in a meeting room with a whiteboard, interviewed by 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Database design question, basic algorithm question, and network request/response question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Interviewer was really nice. A couple algorithm type questions. One question about architecture. A bunch of iOS specific questions. Overall a fun experience. Have free snacks. Demo days. Nice office.

Interview Questions

• A couple algorithm type questions. One question about architecture. A bunch of iOS specific questions   Answer Question

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in September-2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone screen with a recruiter and following that, an on-site interview.
    Arrived at the main office in Toronto for the interview, was met by the recruiter who showed me around the office and then ushered me into a meeting room where I was asked to wait for a few minutes.

Two devs joined me and we began the technical interview. Two algorithm questions were followed by a series of Android related questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a List, Array, and String, return an array filled with any elements that are common among the three.
      Answer on the whiteboard and was then asked about the solutions time complexity and asked to optimise further.   Answer Question
    • Flood fill algorithm.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in September-2017.

Interview

I got an email from HR asking to set up a meeting with the hiring manager. It was very efficient, no multiple rounds of interviewing. I met with the hiring manager and one other person. They asked reasonable questions about my experience (no HR type questions). It was very nice to meet them. In the end I didn't get an offer, but it was a positive experience interviewing with the company.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have directly interfacing with customers?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON).

Interview

There were two portfolio interviews although I wasn't sure why it couldn't have been just one. The interviewees in the first interview were respectful, asked thoughtful questions and the overall experience was nice. Although in the second interview, one of the interviewees seemed uninterested and bored right from the beginning.

Software Engineer (IOS, Android, Full Stack Web) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in August-2017.

Interview

First stage of the interview consisted of a coding challenge on hackerrank & duration of the challenge was 2 hours. As a college diploma holder who didn't have to study Algothrims & Data Structures, it was daunting at first but I was able to complete the challenge with help of Google & little bit of common sense on my own.

I was out of the candidacy because I failed at the first question. That took me by surprise a little bit. Well no body is perfect, but I believe what matters we try & I think Connected Lab could have that appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Given a number input, how would search element in a Binary Search Tree?   Answer Question
    • There are n people standing in line to buy show tickets.Due to high demand, the venue sells tickets according to the following rules:

- The person at the head of the line can buy exactly 1 ticket and must then exit the line.
      - If a person needs to purchase additional tickets, they must re-enter the end of the line and wait to be sold their next ticket (assume exit and re-entry takes 0 seconds).
      - Each ticket sale takes exactly 1 second.

We express initial line of n people as an array, tickets = [tickets0, tickets1 ... ticketsN-1], where ticketsi denotes the number of tickets that person i wishes to buy. If Jesse is located at a position p, how many seconds will it take for him to purchase ticketsp tickets.

Complete the waitingTime function in the editor below. It has two parameters:

- An array, tickets, of n positive integers describing initial sequence of people standing in line. Each ticketsi describes number of tickets that a person waiting at initial position i needs to purchase.
      - An integer p, denoting Jesse's position in tickets.

Sample Input: 5 2 6 3 4 5 2
      Sample Output: 12
      Sample Input: 4 5 5 2 3 3
      Sample Output 11   Answer Question
    • What is the complexity of the following:

a = a * 2;   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in July-2017.

Interview

Standard interview which consisted of a portfolio review and a brief discussion about my background. Interviewer seemed disinterested from the get-go, leaning back on his chair 75% of the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What work did you do in your current company?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in July-2017.

Interview

This first phase of the interview process revolved around an onsite interview where I had to talk about a project from my portfolio and walk the interviewer through my process. Pretty standard stuff. The interviewer was nice enough, but seemed a bit disinterested based on his body language.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in June-2017.

Interview

Applied online and was sent an online test: 3 algorithm questions. Got a response after 3 weeks. I was invited on-site. Interview was with 2 very young developers. One was nice and friendly, the other one condescending and unfriendly. I was asked to provide my answers on a white board. I didn't find the coding question fair.

Interview Questions

• 1. Code question- how to change colour in a multidimensional array? function changeColour(arr, x, y, colour)- change all the area near x,y with the original colour to a new colour?
      2. What are the main components in a web application?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Connected Lab (Toronto, ON) in April-2017.

Interview

I get an online test after applying for it. Which is not difficult, but the question looks a little unclear. Search an element in binary search tree is the first problem. The second one is given an cinema queueing system, calculate when the customer can finish buying several tickets.