Interview Question

Care Coach Interview

Ontrak

Complete a role play motivation interview with interviewer.

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

9 Answers

I didn’t. This was a little much to expect from a potential employee who was told I would be trained on how to do motivational interviews.

Anonymous on

I declined to go forward with interview process. I had figured out right before the third interview that the job was.not desirable.

Anonymous on

There were a lot of steps required for the interview process. Long and drawn out. This test and that test, then internet speed test and on and on.... I did it all! I went through the whole, long process and felt and was told that I did great and kept moving on to the next steps. The Monday after my final interview, I was told by the recruiter that everyone liked me and that my scores were "very high" but that the last person to interview me thought that I would be "bored" with this job. We were both perplexed... I did everything right, have all the right experience, and the recruiter handed them a good candidate. I was not made a job offer off of an assumption, yet this company is currently is using a Temp service to fulfill their contracts. Thoughts would be first- You are being handed good, quality candidates, yet not hiring and using a temp service??? Ummm, okay. Next Advice- Simply clarify the role and use open communication with the candidate to confirm that the candidate is comfortable with the job pace. DO NOT just assume anything in life. That can get you proven wrong... Also, the company needs to listen to the recruiting service that THEY have in place. The recruiters put forth a great deal of effort, and are working very hard to find good talent only to be brushed off by management of the company. I just have to wonder if HR is aware of this process. I would love to speak with the HR dept about this situation.

anonymous on

I had the very same experience! I thought I was the only one that went through this HORRIBLE experience. The process took about 2 1/2 weeks for me. I did all the interviews and internet speed check before the final interview. I researched this company. I did my homework on this company. I was well prepared. I work in psych already. The day of the video interview, the supervisor was late calling via the computer. I called her cell and left a message. She called me within 5 mins. I was dressed for success. The call came through and she looked as though she’d just rolled out of bed. Hair unkempt with lint in it and I just wanted to either reach through the computer and get it out or tell her. She was wearing a pajama looking top etc. I was asked several questions in which I thought were answered in the manner an untrained care coach would answer. Most questions that were asked, were asked in a way that stated “in your opinion or from your own experience working in the field.” I answered questions according to my experience. While answering most of my questions this lady was falling asleep mid sentence! Smh! I went through the entire interview and was called by the recruiter within 30 minutes letting me know the interviewer didn’t feel as though I knew enough about what the company does or exactly what they’re looking for. I was confused because I was told by the recruiter weeks before that, if hired I would be trained! So yeah, 2 1/2 weeks of my life-wasted! I felt like I could’ve reported her, because that representation for the company didn’t look too good, but I didn’t! I asked her questions at the end as well and she told me that she’d only been there a year and that she’d gone through the process that I had.. I thought to myself well how did you get pass the final interview if you had no experience either!

Ni on

Same experience- too many steps, they get your hopes up and then turn you down.

Anonymous on

Same exact experience. String you along. Give you all kinds of positive feedback. Spend hours studying Motivational interviewing, make it through 2 interviews personality test, computer skills and internet speed test. Then final interview the interviewer was rude, condescending and described the job differently than had been portrayed to me previously. Was told I would NOT be trained in MI which seemed weird since it’s such a huge focus during the interview process. Lots of talk about the “Ontrak program” but no clear description of what the program is. Then a generic letter stating they’ve gone with another candidate. After being told they needed to hire hundreds of Care coaches by the end of the year. Felt the recruiter and second interviewer were awesome. Final interviewer started with a bad attitude and I could tell early on was a lost cause. Feed back from the recruiter was vague basically stating I made a statement that the final interviewer didn’t like. I literally had everything they were asking for, great references. Good luck to them finding “100’s” of new care coaches by the end of the year. the right hand knows what the left hand is doing.

Anonymous on

I totally agree with you guys. I was bombarded with questions during the phone interview and really had no time to think about the answers. The video one was even worse with a woman called Tania so full of herself not even able to express any sympathy. I wonder how she treats her subordinates. I knew since the beginning of the interview that it wouldn't be a place for me anyways.

Anonymous X on

Completely agree. This company doesn’t even know what it’s looking for. If you need a counselor than hire a counselor.

Anonymous on

Did they provide a reason why they did not make an offer?

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.