Compass Group Canada Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 42 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Compass Group Canada

Compass Group Canada

Application

I interviewed at Compass Group Canada

Interview

Elegant and well prepared, a real treat. I thought the position was well suited to me as I was to it. After a few moments, I was convinced I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
  • do you want the job
    1 Answer

Compass Group Canada

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada

Interview

It was a very quick and informal interview process. I knew by the end of the interview that I had the job. I knew that I had an interview right after I had applied to the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Compass Group Canada

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then interview with hiring manager, then interview with VP. More conversational interview style than rapid fire questions. They will also have you do a personality test when you are in the final rounds of interviews to ensure you are a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you had a question and couldn’t get a hold of your direct manager?

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Edmonton, AB) in Aug 2021

Interview

Video interview. Asked what sort of work experience. Need Pro-Serve. They emphasized that they are a high energy work place. Asked if previous experience with food service. Make you watch a bunch of training videos.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have Pro-Serve? Everyone needs to have it.

Compass Group Canada

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada

Interview

The interview was taken in a Tim Hortons where they had a sign written Compass and we would wait for our turn, once we let them know that we were there for an interview. And we would wait for them to call us.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you be helpful to us for this position?

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Vancouver, BC) in Jul 2019

Interview

It's pretty straightforward, you are mostly interviewed by the site manager. Nothing too out of ordinary. You have a short phone interview with their HR Manager and then passed on to the specific site manager. The process took longer because you need to complete Criminal Record Check which sometimes can take up to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Mississauga, ON) in Apr 2019

Interview

Upcoming and seasoned Marketing professionals...BEWARE. DO NOT preform any projects for potential employment. They demand a substantial assessment of your experience and when completed and delivered they lack the professionalism of contacting you back. DO NOT fall into their trap...your time is worth more than theirs. Good luck.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Compass Group Canada

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada in Nov 2018

Interview

Fast and Efficient process. The recruiting team were very friendly and helpful thru the whole process. Recruiter was providing detail information and deadlines about the decision process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Compass Group Canada

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada in Sep 2018

Interview

Applied online. Got a typical screening call several weeks later and then was asked to interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager was late and came unprepared for the interview. Probably one of the worst places I ever interviewed at. Had a friend who was going in a few weeks later for a similar job. Exact same experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Toronto, ON)

Interview

-Applied Online -Phone Screening -Face to Face (Behaviour and Excel test) -Wait for a reply back Brush up on Excel (just know the basics and the rest is fine). -Food industry experience is nice but not required.

Interview Questions
  • What's your top strength and weakness? Can you do a vlookup and set up a pivot table? Please demonstrate.
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews

Compass Group Canada Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Compass Group Canada as 57.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.19 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Office Administrator and Business Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Operations Manager and Cleaner roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Compass Group Canada takes an average of 16 days when considering 35 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Cleaner had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Catering Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 35 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Compass Group Canada according to 35 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 29.73%