Commissionaires Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Commissionaires

2.1

Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commissionaires (Toronto, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy, Not rocket science. A pre screening computer test that has a 45min time limit. But is really easy if you have brain. Interview was very formal and easy to go about

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timmins, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commissionaires (Timmins, ON) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied directly through a recruiter, got an interview the next day. Extremely unprofessional, we met at a Tim Hortons for the interview. He gave me all of the info and asked if I was still interested. I told him that I was and so he gave me an application package. Arrived home to 2 missed phone calls. Checked my email and he told me the position was already filled, waste of time for an interview... Unreal.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to get into the security field?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Commissionaires (Kingston, ON).

Interview

Had the job within 5 minutes they are in need of people ( because people leave because they don't treat them right)
    Nichole did my hiring she is super friendly, It is the other management that is unorganized such as the scheduler
    I would suggest not even going to the interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about commissionaires
      Then done had the job .   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Commissionaires (Montreal, QC) in March 2017.

Interview

Rude and mean interviewer. Difficult questions. The interviewer was arrogant and intimidating. He would cut me off when I spoke. Was also required to write a test which was hard and tricky.

Interview Questions

• I just remember the interviewer was intimidating, reeked of aggression and arrogance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nanaimo, BC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commissionaires (Nanaimo, BC) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was brief. It was primarily a character assessment. Be polite, be confident. Be humble. In other words; be professional and there should be no problem. Your background will be a subject of interest, as will your non-vocational activities. Availability and flexibility will be important factors.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commissionaires (Toronto, ON) in June 2015.

Interview

you apply on indeed.com and the next day you will get a call. afterwards they will do a brief phone interview to know a bit about your experience in security.

Interview Questions

• how much experience do you have as a security guard ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Commissionaires (Regina, SK) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a well focused interview session where panelists came to interview me and to find out if I could physically stand the test of the job. this job entails standing fora long hours which I am fit.

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commissionaires (Ottawa, ON) in January 2016.

Interview

If you have a guard license, they will fast forward the process and most likely will hire you. On the condition you pass a basic interview. If you don't then they have their own program that they will take you through if you are accepted

Interview Questions

• Very basic situational questions. For ex if X happened how would you react?
      If X happened would you do A or B?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commissionaires (Montreal, QC) in May 2010.

Interview

Looks professionnal. interviews are conducted fairly and gets you comfortable. strongly focusses on military experiences and education. tries to understands your needs. Too bad that, after the interview process, you became a number, and that ll experiences, education and needs are not even looked upon.

Interview Questions

• Do you have criminal records or security clearance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negociation, you accept the job as is or decline it. unless you apply to management.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commissionaires.

Interview

I applied via the Commissionaires website, and was contacted about a week or two later to come in for an interview. The interview process was fairly straight forward, standard questions regarding strengths and weaknesses, and why do you want to work for us? Bilingualism and previous military service are very highly sought after as they work for many Government Offices in Ottawa. After the interview was completed I was asked for references and to complete a questionnaire. They contacted me the following week and told me I would need to complete their week long introductory course, and if i passed I would be given a job offer. The course is extremely easy for anyone with half a brain. They really play up the "we are always watching and evaluating you aspect", and encourage you to always be punctual and study hard. However, one student in my course frequently showed up late and even got busted sleeping in class and still got an offer. After the course is completed, you are assigned a post or put on the "spares" list, meaning you have to call them to see if work is available. They outfit you with your uniforms, several shirts and 2 pairs of pants. You also need to obtain a license from the province, which they reimburse you half the cost.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions. This is very much an entry level position, which is why they offer a free week long training course.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They assign you a permanent post or have you on a "spares" list where they call you to fill in at various locations. If you like working at a certain location, you can ask the manager to keep you in mind if a position opens up there, which is how I found a permanent post.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.