Collins Barrow Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Collins Barrow Interview Questions

Interviews at Collins Barrow

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Collins Barrow (Calgary, AB) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a letter and then a call from the HR to schedule an interview. Got a time , went in to interview with a partner and senior manager. Interview was fairly easy, mostly behavioural based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone was being unethical and how did yu handle that situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Collins Barrow (Edmonton, AB) in March 2015.

Interview

Basically it was done via email through a single manager and not HR. Applied online, got an email from a manger saying can you come in on this day. Moved things around and therefore I could make it. They did make me wait in the lobby easily more than half and hour. The other manager wasn't even around and they had to chase each other to get ready. Wouldn't make a client wait like that or be unprepared for a meeting.

Interview Questions

• They took the time to ask one question, tell us about yourself. That was it. That was the full extent of the interview after waiting a considerable time in the lobby. They put no effort into asking questions or trying to understand you.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Standard questions, they asked lots of scenario based questions as well as questions about past experience and items on resume. Overall comfortable setting and fairly quick process. Applied online, sent in resume via email to HR department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you faced a challenge in the workplace and explain what you did in this situation to rectify it.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collins Barrow.

Interview

Got called in for a interview by phone. A week later in person Interview was arranged, The interview was with partner and manager for 30-45 minutes. Nice people. Ask questions mostly in regards to previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Collins Barrow (Edmonton, AB) in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume through University drop box after I just graduated. The general manager emailed me and scheduled to interview with me. One week after interview I got offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I interviewed at Collins Barrow (Edmonton, AB) in February 2017.

Interview

This is a four month contract position. The interview was quick, it took less than 15 minutes. Only a few questions like tell me about yourself; what's your favorite course at school.

Articling Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Collins Barrow (Toronto, ON) in January 2016.

Interview

Get the interview with Senior manager of the team. Interviewer is very friendly and honest. The interview was scheduled for 45min, but actually it only took less than 30min. Interview questions are very straight forward. The interviewer just wants to get to know you and your previous experiences, because it is a junior position.

Interview Questions

• easy behaviour questions.
      What motivates you? Why accounting?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collins Barrow.

Interview

Within 1 week after my resume submission online, I got a phone call from the HR for a 5 minute interview at a time I didn't expect at all. The questions were pretty general regarding my resume, including why I want to be an actuary and whether I liked my current part time job. I didn't have my resume and computer with me but I did pretty well and the HR said they would contact me for an interview in the coming week. During the interview, I met with the managers of the department and they were very nice and laid back. They started from asking 'tell me about yourself' and checking my qualifications to asking questions to get to know my personality. Nothing tricky and they were very genuine in the questions they asked. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• What were you doing after graduation? (I didn't work at all for over half a year because I was writing 2 exams to make myself qualified)   Answer Question

Senior Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Collins Barrow (Vancouver, BC) in January 2016.

Interview

1 HR general overview interview, followed by managerial staff. General behavioral questions which were't complex. Talked about experiences and process in different roles, whats important to me, and where my strengths would lie

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collins Barrow (Toronto, ON) in November 2015.

Interview

First contacted by HR from a recruiting company, then the HR of the company, then the partner so three rounds in total. The HR rounds focused more on behavioral questions, and also asked about past experience. If you could describe what you did in the past, either work or study experience, in a clear and confident way, that would definitely help. In the conversation, try to raise one or two points that you think the position that you are applying to will be interested in, for example accounting experience or business problem solving experience that you have.
    Overall, good experience. Not too complicated, and the partner was nice.

Interview Questions

• The partner introduced the work that the team does, then asked about past work experience.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.