Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor.ca

Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated 19 Jun, 2017

2.7

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)) in August-2016.

Interview

2 Rounds of technical interviews.

First was kind of a screening round. Basic questions from java and other concepts like hibernate, cassandra, and SPRING

Second round was done by a panel of 2-3 people with a huge set of questions from the java/Spring/Hibernate concepts. They sounded to be very knowledgeable and they drilled each and every concept of java. One question after the other and the interview lasted for around an hour and a half.

One of the toughest that I attended.

Interview Questions

• Started with abstraction and encapsulation, collections, synchronization, serialization, threads, spring concepts, hibernate, etc   1 Answer

Module Lead - BI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)) in June-2016.

Interview

The position was for a Microsoft BI lead role for a banking client in US

First round: Interview from the Cognizant technical team on SSIS (SQL Server Integration Service). The questions where on how SCD, lookup, split transformations. Also, had questions on SQL Server triggers, procedures and functions.

Second Round: Interview from the Banking client. Questions were more on the database and data warehouse concepts. Also interview was focused on optimization and ways to handle large databases.

The interview process took around 3 to 4 weeks including the background verification and drug test (it varies based on the client)

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

group discussion, 2 interviews, phone screening; Overall not too difficult but prepare technical stuff well. Focus on past employment and reasons for quitting current job. The interview was quite some year back so things might have changed now. Some brain teasers would be asked

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)) in November-2015.

Interview

Phone - Behavioral
    First Round - 1 Behavioral and 1 Case
    Final Round - 1 Behavioral and 1 Case

Somewhat unorganized process to which I attributed their high growth in terms of hiring in the consulting arm. Everyone I met was positive, intelligent and seemed like people I would want to work with. Case interviews were more general than specific.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you would look at in terms of Supply Chain Operations if a small cap firm wanted to potentially double its sales in the near future.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)) in January-2015.

Interview

Took 3 weeks in total.
    First round phone call with Recruiter, this was about 20 minutes. Second, Technical Interview with Hiring Manager (or Team member). Technical interview with Client SME. Then offer in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA - General Technical and Behavioral questions. No surprises, brain teasers or stress interview   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Gurnee, IL (US)) in September-2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and had a quick phone screen where I was asked basic questions about what my expectations of my job would be and whether I would be willing to relocate for the position. I was then scheduled for an in person interview in Chicago. In Chicago all the applicants had two one on one interviews where we were asked various questions both about what our experiences are, what we want from the position, and whether we are able to relocate for it.

Interview Questions

• They asked about various stages of the IT lifecycle and then asked me where I thought I would be a good fit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no opportunity to negotiate salary or any benefits.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)) in August-2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview - simple and quick
    In-person interview with several clients to get an overview of your skills
    Be willing to relocate to client location as required
    Interviewed for Business Analyst and Business Systems Analyst roles

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)) in January-2014.

Interview

Typically 2 or 3 rounds of interview mostly over the phone. First 2 interviews would be from the hiring team and it can technical. Most times there would also be a client interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

3 interviews with various level managers

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL (US)) in September-2013.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an interview in a Chicago office. However, this is not the office one would be working in - It seemed as though they used the office space only for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Standard Behavioral Question: One time you showed leadership.   1 Answer

I wasn't really interested in a QA position because it mostly entailed throwing bricks at a program/application until it failed.