Coast Capital Savings Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Coast Capital Savings

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coast Capital Savings (Vancouver, BC) in May 2020.

Interview

Old school 3 tier interview process. Round 1 HR to assess your communication skill, Round 2: 2 people panel led by Director and supported by Sr Project Manager. Round 3: Another round of interviews with a different set of Directors.

Questions were all situational. Nothing too technical or process-oriented.

They don't come to you with a decision faster and will keep you on the hook for a long time. The HR is totally unresponsive Phone calls and emails went unanswered. The hiring manager was nice and he responded to email and an ETA for the decision.

Interview Questions

• All Situational based questions.   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coast Capital Savings.

Interview

Applied on line and made contact with the branch manager. Was contacted quickly thereafter for a first interview. The most generous way to describe the recruiters behaviour is to describe it as a bad day. The questions were all pretty straightforward about my experience and accreditation. Checked in on when I would hear back. There weren't many candidates and the commitment was made that I would hear back within two weeks. Silence. Never heard peep from Coast Capital.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coquitlam, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coast Capital Savings (Coquitlam, BC) in November 2019.

Interview

Very rude, Branch manager watched a video while the assistant branch manager asked questions. Very arrogant interview. Basically shot down right then and there. When called back for the decline assistant manager said that I would find something at another FI. Again very rude.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Coast Capital Savings (West Vancouver, BC) in May 2019.

Interview

A current employee referred me and forwarded my cover letter and resume to management. There were no postings so it was kept on file for about a month before I got the job alert email notification from my profile on Coast's career site that there was an opening. After applying online, I got a call the next day for an interview, some email correspondence to confirm a date and time, and the next week a face to face panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Commercial Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coast Capital Savings (Surrey, BC) in March 2019.

Interview

Super Casual. Interviewed by 2 commercial bankers, both great interviewers (calm, professional, affable, etc). Spent about 45 minutes total asking questions and generally chatting. Both seemed like they would be great to work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a big change and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager for EPMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coast Capital Savings (Vancouver, BC) in October 2018.

Interview

- skipped HR interview since I went through an agency
    - two interviews with two different pairs of manager / team member
    - one of the epmo manager was extremely disrespectful. I could tell that she was not paying attention to what I was saying. She was playing with her hair throughout the whole interview. Her responses to my questions were not helpful at all - regularly went off tangent on how great her team and the company were. I have extensive project management experience with reputable companies but her condescending tone made them seem worthless, and that I should be grateful to even get an interview, not to mention the job (I didn't apply. I was recruited. So not sure where her unfounded arrogance came from). I was sincerely seeking for information to make my decision but this unpleasant and negative interaction pretty much sealed the deal. I did get the offer but I declined. I can't imagine working under this distasteful hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me something about yourself
      - how would you resolve conflicts between co-workers   Answer Question

Business Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coast Capital Savings (Vancouver, BC) in May 2018.

Interview

Unstructured, Unorganized, Lack of communication between the HR team and Management team. Very unprofessional approach towards recruiting. Management team is fantastic, but HR need to improve on communication. Advise please negotiate with HR

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coast Capital Savings in April 2018.

Interview

Several stages of interviews, group interview, and then individual interviews by community manager or HR officials. Concludes with an interview at individual branch assignment if previous interviews are passed.

Member Banking Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coast Capital Savings (Surrey, BC) in January 2018.

Interview

Wasn't too hard, quick interview over the phone, meet with manager a member of the team. They had questions from customer service, sales and teamwork. All are equally as important in this job.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coast Capital Savings (Surrey, BC) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview, which lasted for about 20mins. The HR recruiter talked about the role, asked about my salary expectations, previous work experience and a few behavioural questions. The recruiter named Graeme was really friendly and positive, at the end of the interview, I was told he would pass my application to the hiring manager, promised he would give an update and he was absolutely certain that I would move onto the next phase of the hiring process. Sent a thank you email the next day. Days went by, but no update from him. I had to reach out to my friend who works at the company and eventually found out that the hiring manager was away so the hiring process would take a little longer... which I found strange, is there not another manager around?? But its been a month and I haven’t heard back. Its okay that I didn’t get the position, I just wished that the recruiter didn’t give false hope so that I wouldn’t be waiting around for nothing..... :/

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.