Classy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Classy

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

I first had a phone interview and was then invited to an in person interview. At the office, I had two interviews with people from the department I applied to. Everyone was extremely nice and easy to communicate with! The whole process took about 2-3 weeks.

Senior Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process with Classy was great and they were very communicative! It lasted about 3 weeks after the recruiter first reached out. I had two calls (one with a recruiter, one with a manager) and then an in-person 5 hour interview with five different people at the Company. Everyone was very friendly and it was great! It's an informal atmosphere so no need to be super formal in attire or attitude (but respectful is always good) and expect to arrive and wait on one of the comfy chairs in the lobby in case someone isn't at the reception desk immediately. No worries though, everyone will ask if they can help you:) Heard back from them within a week of my in-person interview and everything went very smoothly!

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what are strategic areas that Classy can or should think about expanding into?   Answer Question
    • How do you work across teams and how are you able to get people's help on a project when you don't have direct authority over them?   Answer Question

Vice President, Executive Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Overall, my interview process was good. I met over 13 different people providing me the opportunity to really understand Classy before joining.
    The interview process was not well defined. In the process, I learned and actually grew to appreciate how Scot and the BOD actually cared about what all the employees said, regardless of where they were on the org chart.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I had a very positive interview experience at Classy. From the time I was contacted for an initial phone screening, to the time I received an offer, there was consistent communication from the recruiting manager. I went through a half-hour phone interview with the recruiting manager, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then moved on to an in-person interview at their office downtown, which was about 2 hours in duration. The in-person interview was a great experience - everyone was really friendly, and while they asked a variety of great questions, they also left time for me to ask about the position and really understand what my role would be like.

Just from my short time spent in their office with a few of the employees, I know I would have enjoyed working for Classy. Unfortunately after they offered me the position I received a financial incentive from my current employer to stay on and complete the project I'm leading, and I couldn't pass it up. Even with that, it was a very difficult decision not to accept Classy's offer, because I know I would've had a wonderful experience there. I highly recommend applying to, and interviewing with this company.

Interview Questions

• Why Classy?   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a problem you've encountered during a project, and what you did to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone screens, In person interviews, Follow up calls. Coming into the office for an entire day and meeting the team members while undergoing interviewing was a great insight into the company and culture

Renewal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Interview process was over 10 days - phone screen, Google Hangout with 5 people back-to-back and then CRO call - since I was remote, they did not do the final office tour

Interview Questions

• What's one deal you've lost?   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview was a positive experience, though quite long. It consisted of two roughly 30 minute phone interviews, then an in person interview with four different people, each lasting about 30 minutes for a total of 2 hours.

They made me feel very welcome and valued.

One downside was that my interview was schedule on the same day as a Padres day game, so parking cost me $25 to be anywhere near the building. I'm sure this can be avoided by checking the schedule and arriving early enough to find street parking, but that wasn't on my radar.

Lead Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. It consisted of a screening call, a video call, and a four hour, in-person interview with two rounds focusing on behavior/personal culture fit and two rounds focusing technical. Very standard overall with outstanding communication from both the recruiter and hiring manager.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Classy in August 2018.

Interview

A 7 minute review of my resume, where I was dismissed after 4 questions. Tough to believe this is how they would review the 10+ years listed. Assume they do the same with their clients.

Interview Questions

• What size client do you typically work with   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Very easy, mostly by Google hangouts. Very basic questions and a resume walkthrough. None of the leaders have product marketing experience so they were eager to hire someone who has experience. Based on a couple of others who interviewed there, I'm pretty sure we were too old for the culture so they fall back on "we really want someone with non-profit experience," but that never came up in the interviews and was listed as a "nice to have" on the job description. I thought it was weird that the new VP of Product Marketing didn't have any actual product marketing experience, only three years of retail marketing experience. She was super smart in areas of digital marketing and demand generation, but that struck me as odd. Everyone was super nice and I'm sure it's a great place to work if you're under 30.

Interview Questions

• How do you work together with product management?   2 Answers
    • How do you handle two-week launches?   1 Answer
    • Do you have pricing experience? (Not on the job description...)   1 Answer

Classy Response

Aug. 3, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to interview with Classy and to provide this valuable feedback. Though we take pride in our culture, we know that it takes all types of experiences and backgrounds to build a thriving company. It sounds like we have some work to do in order to accurately showcase our culture to candidates. This will be very helpful to make sure we are giving all candidates the full picture of what it looks like to work at Classy.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.