Classy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Classy

2.9

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I found Classy online and fell in love. I applied online, followed up with an email highlighting the top 3 data-driven reasons why I was qualified for the role, and heard back pretty quickly.

I had an initial phone interview for about 30-40 minutes, followed by 2 rounds of onsites. My first onsite was with just the People team, and the second was with a few managers throughout the company.

Lead Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. It consisted of a screening call, a video call, and a four hour, in-person interview with two rounds focusing on behavior/personal culture fit and two rounds focusing technical. Very standard overall with outstanding communication from both the recruiter and hiring manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to a job fair at UCSD, spoke with Mike, the CTO. Got a callback for a short (30 minute) interview on campus, then got another callback for a 3-hour interview at their downtown SD office, with people on the software development team.

Interview Questions

• At the short technical interview, how to solve the Monty Hall problem, then how to prove it with code.
      At the long interview, was asked simple array-based questions and because I had some web design on my resume, was asked to replicate the design of a web page   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was amazing! Alex Fancher is an incredible recruiter - asks really in-depth questions to get you thinking about the type of employee you are, and want to be. She takes the time to really understand where you come from and above all, if Classy is the place for you. Throughout the entire process Alex made me feel that it was important for this to be a mutual decision - and I am SO thrilled it was!

The face-to-face onsite interviews were just as exciting. Allie at the front desk is the PERFECT way to start your process, as she is just a ray of sunshine and makes you feel so warm and welcomed from the get-go. The actual interview itself was challenging in the best ways possible. Several scenario-based questions, and again, the managers really take their time to learn how you "tick".

Interview Questions

Classy Response

Mar. 24, 2017 – Sr. People Operations Specialist

Thank you for the positive feedback and props to the People Team! We're really glad to hear the interview process was enjoyable, challenging, and thorough. Thanks for making the decision to join the... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Classy.

Interview

I had a phone interview scheduled and the person with whom I was supposed to speak never called. I emailed him to see when we could reschedule and he never responded. Not exactly classy behavior...

Interview Questions

• The interviewer stood me up off so I was never asked any questions.   Answer Question

Classy Response

Nov. 2, 2017 – Director - People Operations

I'm very sorry to hear that this happened. I've spoken with all of the Recruiters and we have no recollection of this ever happening with a candidate. If this was an oversight on our part we'd like... More

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Hands down the best and smoothest interview process I've ever been through! There was immediate follow-up at every level, and they were able to make the process very thorough without dragging it out over an extended period of time. The entire people team was great and extremely responsive. I had a ton of questions since I was coming from outside the tech and NPO space, and they always got back to me right away. They are selective about who they hire and make sure that the prospects get a chance to meet a lot of people before a final decision is made. The process and the people I met throughout it made my decision to accept the offer a no-brainer.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of asking me how my previous experience will translate into a sector I have little to no experience in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Such a seamless process - especially in comparison to other companies. I had an initial phone interview with HR, then was asked back for an in-person interview with a couple of the Sales Managers. The last step was a meeting with the VP of Sales. I received my offer letter later that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Historical sales experience - were metrics achieved/goals hit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I learned about Classy through a mutual connection and voiced my interest. Within a few days a member of the people team reached out to me to setup an interview. After the first interview over the phone, they set me up with two Skype interviews with management. Shortly after that, the recruiter recapped the conversations and moved me into another Skype interview with the VP of Sales. Days after the interview I received and accepted an offer. All interviews were done via Skype as I was remote and couldn't do in person.

Interview Questions

• Why were you chosen amongst your peers to be promoted in your previous role?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Classy (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Started out with a standard phone screen from someone in the HR department. Received a call back a few days later asking for me to come in for a series of interviews with a few of the sales managers. Went in, and met with three different gentlemen. First two were very focused on culture, and if I would fit in with how they do things. Third interviewer was more so based on sales experience, how I would handle certain situations, etc. Left the interview feeling great.

Was made an offer four days later. Unfortunately, the base salary was much lower than I would ever be able to consider. I asked if there was any room for negotiation, and the HR rep said she would get back to me. She came back two days later with a larger figure, but still much lower than appropriate for someone with several years of excellent sales experience and accomplishments. At the end of it all, I declined the offer they provided to me.

Classy seems like a great place to work;- the office had such a fun vibe to it. From what I experienced, it's a place for people to start their career and build some experience, and absolutely not a fit for someone with years under their belt. Definitely not competitive to what else is out there.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Classy in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application online. Received a email from HR a few days later to setup a phone interview. The interview over the phone lasted about 10 minutes and was pretty standard phone screening interview.

Interview Questions

• The HR person is new to Classy and asked the standard interview questions. I asked a few questions about then position and she seemed to be giving me back basic answers. They have quite of bit of sales reps already and I didn't make it to a in person interview because I was asking for to much money. Very much a startup company that has hit a plato and looking to bring in new revenue.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.