Citi Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Citi

3.2

Intern Quant Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Deux entretiens téléphoniques et un troisième sur place. Il y avait plusieurs questions relatives au code (C++) mais aussi des questions sur les primitives. J'ai eu à la fin des questions d'apprentissage automatiques notamment sur les forêts aléatoires.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Trois entretiens avec des opérationnels (Taders, Structureurs, Sales). Deux d'entre eux étaient des entretiens avec des questions sur mon CV ainsi que des questions RH du type: citer une expérience durant laquelle vous avez fait valoir vos capacités organisationnelles.
    Le troisième était une présentation d'une stratégie d'investissement pour un client et la dernière étape était un travail de groupe présenté sous forme de débat.

Interview Questions

• Quel est le lien entre les taux et l'inflation, le cours de l'or?
      Pourquoi Citi?
      Pourquoi les marchés?   Answer Question

Fund Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Un premier entretien téléphonique, puis quatre entretiens avec différents opérationnels.
    Enfin Dernier entretien avec les ressources humaines pour validation définitive.
    Le premier entretien avec le manager(SVP), puis second entretien avec un manager d'un autre service (niveau MD), troisième entretien (téléphonique) avec des futurs collègues basés aux Etats-Unis. Enfin le dernier entretien avec une collègue de l’équipe.

Entry Level Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First step is an initial phone interview which is barely an interview more so quick HR type questions, about CV and if you knew anyone working at the company etc. very chill and not really an interview more of a chat.
    The second step is an actual interview which was also on the phone (although this is during covid so may usually be face to face) I had 6 days notice in an email explaining it would be competency-based and who I would be speaking to. strangely they provided 2 numbers and said "ring at your allotted time" I rang the first number and was told to hold but after 10 minutes I hung up and rang the second number which is where my interviewer was. which made me look late. however, the interviewer was nice and tried to make you feel relaxed, although I found the questions were quite specific.

Interview Questions

• A time you had been creative in a project and explain how you achieved a good outcome   Answer Question
    • name a time you set a goal for yourself. why did you set those specific goals what did they mean? and how did you go about achieving those goals?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you sold an idea to a group of people, why were you selling the idea, how successful was it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have personally sought out a way to develop yourself? why and how did you do this? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • a time where you were in a team and had to help someone who was struggling. how did you go about this? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have had to make a hard business decision. why did you make this decision and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a 1 hour interview with the hiring manager. He spent 75% of the time talking, and didn't seem too interested in asking questions about my experience. I never heard back from Citi after the interview. Understand they must process many applicants, but a cursory email to at least let me know the outcome of the interview isn't asking much, even if they couldn't offer any specific feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel working in a global matrix environment?   Answer Question

Technology Student Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

It was the worst interview experience I've ever had. The atmosphere of the company was really bad, I felt really uncomfortable. I felt like an intruder whom they really didn't want there. The interviewers weren't smiling at all, and they looked very judgemental, stressed and tired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you demonstrated good leadership skills.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

CV, online exam, telephone interview (back-to-back), assessment centre. The AC contains 1 project presentation, 1 technical interview, 1 behavioural interview. All the way up before the ac things are nice and well, yet it seems that my profile post-ac was being waitlisted as I didn’t get any instant rejection but a system error letter after 2 weeks of AC. Although did get the business card from one of the MDs, oral recognition from two out of three interviewers, yet it still doesn’t guarantee you with offers.

Interview Questions

• Line by line DCF   Answer Question
    • What is the most insightful feedback that you have received from your previous work experiences?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Sales Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 members of the team. Very nice people but I don’t think my CV was reviewed properly before being invited as I didn’t seem to tick any of their boxes. The interview process was a bit disjointed, was told by HR I would be meeting 2 people in separate interviews but it was a group/ panel interview when I arrived which threw me off.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Referred role. Two rounds, each includes technical and situational tests.
    The first one asked about probability, VaR, market risks models.
    The second round gave some written tests including PDE derivation, option pricing.

Interview Questions

• Assuming the team leader is a very bad temper person, how do you deal with him/her?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Mainly three technical rounds with VPs and head of the department. The rounds were mainly around the current role and the expectations. HR follow ups are quite painful as there are barely any reverts.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move out of your current organization?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.