Circus World Displays Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 10 Mar, 2017

3.1

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Circus World Displays (Niagara Falls, ON).

Interview

Overall process was completed reasonably quickly, had a phone interview followed by in-person interview within a week. However, the face-to-face interview was several hours. Met with out-going HR Manager and company recruiter followed by one of the owners. By the time I met with the owner I was no longer interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions sent up red flags as to how flexible I would be with legal/compliance requirements. Nothing directly stated, but if I read through the lines of the "give me an example when..." or "how would you deal with..." I kept thinking to myself, does this issue come up often because you can't do that...   Answer Question

Online Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Circus World Displays (Niagara Falls, ON) in February-2016.

Interview

Overly complicated and unprofessional. The hiring process dragged on with this company for a whopping 8 weeks, with no doubt, a very questionable timeline at the end. After 8 weeks, including 2 weeks of no contact, I was sent a generic email advising me another candidate was hired. No phone call, no explanation, nothing. Here is what I had to go through for an "intermediate level" position:

- 4 interviews with one being a 2-hour job preview where they ask you questions/ideas about their business (including dozens and dozens of hypothetical questions)
    - provide additional information about previous employment
    - provide an analysis on one of their brands (including what to change and how to fix it... free advice)
    - 3 aptitude tests: personality, knowledge, and general intelligence
    - criminal record check
    - 3 reference checks (as if the above wasn't enough)

A week after the 4th interview (job preview), I got a phone call from HR asking for references. The process was taking so long even they forgot they had them; I reminded them my references were submitted at my 2nd interview. Then I received a call 1 week later stating they had called 2 references, and had 1 more to go. Then the 3rd reference personally contacted me to say they gave a great review. Next... didn't hear back until 2 weeks later about how I didn't get the job.

At this point I think any company with an ounce of business etiquette would have made an offer. There is no need to put candidates through all of the above, especially in such a slow and plodding manner. No phone call, no explanation, nothing... truly baffling. The irony about this is the CWD website says they are often "complimented" on their thorough hiring process ... yea right.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative solution you have ever invented?   Answer Question

Sales Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Circus World Displays (Niagara Falls, ON).

Interview

it take forever to finish the interview. first is phone call, then see the direct manager, last one is to see the managing director who your will probably never talk to during daily work.

Interview Questions

• why you like to work here.
      tell me about how you fix a mistake
      Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation at all for me

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Circus World Displays (Niagara Falls, ON) in March-2015.

Interview

If they call after you send your resume, you have an interview with HR and then with the manager of they like you the last interview is with the owner of the company, that he will probably be late for the interview be prepare to wait 1 or 2 hrs for him, process takes 3 to 4 weeks

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?   1 Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Circus World Displays (Niagara Falls, ON) in December-2014.

Interview

The process was very lengthy, but thorough. Following an HR phone screen, there was approximately a week wait. Then an interview with HR and the hiring manager, which included some basic computer skill testing. Pretty standard

Interview Questions

• I was asked fairly standard questions about my customer-facing experiences, which included providing specific examples. I should also mention the HR contact did a very good job at explaining the company history, but the specifics of what to expect on the job and culture were light   Answer Question

I was offered another opportunity better suited to my long term goals.

Supervisor Interview

Interview

Interview is fair. Candidate needs to show his/her worth. Critical positions requires experience. Candidate needs to be prepared which includes information about the company. There were a series of interviews before you finally get the post.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Circus World Displays (Niagara Falls, ON).

Interview

I submitted my resume online. About a week or 2 later I got a call asking for a phone interview. It was scheduled with in the week. Phone interview was probably about 20 minuets asking me pretty standard questions. After the phone interview was done I was asked to come in for a face to face interview the following week. I agreed. I was called with a time change the morning of. I agreed to it. I got there early and was ushered into a conference room by the main door. I met with the HR recruiter for about 30 minutes. After she left, they had me recreate a form/chart in excel to show proficiency. I then met with the Managing Director. He talk to me about the job asked more standard questions. A few I had already been asked. They had requested my transcript and he went over it with me asking questions about classes I liked and didnt like and why I got certain marks. They called my references over the next few days and offered me the job by the end of the week.

Accounting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Circus World Displays in June-2014.

Interview

CWD hiring and interview process was thorough and productive. Intense at times because of 3 interviewers at once. The best part of the process of meeting with team members in the area in which I was offered a position.

Negotiation

Negotiation was done through the employment agency.

Junior Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Circus World Displays (Niagara Falls, ON) in June-2014.

Interview

The interview process is thorough, and precise! I believe this is a good way to do it, for you and they can see if working together will work. Their process makes the longevity of your career longer and better.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Circus World Displays (Niagara Falls, ON).

Interview

Started with phone interview, asked several behavioural questions.
    2nd Inperson interview was inperson with HR.
    3rd Interview was a "Realistic Job Preview" where I spoke to members of the team I would join to learn about the position and was able to ask questions to better understand the position.
    3rd interview was with managing director and direct manager I would report to. This was the most difficult due to the managing directors cocky attitude. Negotiations during the interview process were next to impossible.

Throughout the interviews I was consistently advised I would be considered for varying positions that kept changing. I would prepare to interview for one position, only to find that during the interview I would be discussing another role that I hadn't prepared to discuss.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. Was given a salary higher than others with my same title.