Ceridian Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Ottawa, ON) in July 2020.

Interview

I got an email reply to my application, and scheduled an interview with HR. Which was standard HR questions, but something was obviously different, maybe because I was told I would interview in general first, not for a specific position.

Then the first technical interview was a phone call with a senior developer. He asked multiple questions about understanding concepts, and would ask for examples of me using them before, and also ask deeply in the areas that I knew well but was not explaining myself properly. Mostly Object Oriented theory, mixed with some concepts that are mostly used in javascript, and async/await, concurrency, promises, and its use cases and common issues. This felt to me like the best part of the interview process.

The third technical interview was with two software developers, obviously not as senior as the first one, and it was not a call but a zoom meeting with a shared screen. They focused on coding exercises, but did not use a service that compiled your code, it was just plain text. So I had to talk my way through explaining the code without running it. There was one about javascript and its weird variable scope where you can define a function as another function, which I had used before but didn't remember how it worked without being able to run it. I thought I had left a bad impression here, whiteboard interviews have been shown to not assess programming ability but presentation and work under stress ability, and I really wish people stopped using them.

Right after this in the same call, was the interview with two development managers, where they asked questions about my previous experience, explained the current situation if I were to be hired, and answered back any questions I got. I was left with a positive impression of them both.
    Some days later I got a call and an offer letter, which you could sign electronically. From first contact to last it was about two and a half weeks, making it the most streamlined interview process in the last few years.

Interview Questions

• What is encapsulation? What is an abstract class? Why would you use an interface? Have you ever written concurrent code, what are it's most common pitfalls?   Answer Question

EAP Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ceridian.

Interview

Straightforward panel interview. Standard questions about clinical experience (MH, SA). Asked about EAP experience and telephonic experience. Panel was responsive to my questions and were able to provide me valuable information about the organization and the benefits.

Enterprise Applications Specialist Interview

Interview

The recruiter was great. Very informative and helpful. They were willing to help me explore other options even if the current role I was interviewing for wasn't the best fit. They were personable and easy to talk to which made the experience enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you have faced and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Tax Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian.

Interview

First, was the phone interview with the recruiter. Second, was on an onsite interview with 2 hiring managers. They already had questions ready and were taking notes on how I answered the questions. There were quite a few questions from what I remembered

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied via job site and was contacted by recruiter, two days later. Process was smooth and I was informed every step of the way on what to expect next. From submitting app to offer, took approximately 30 days.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with SQL?   1 Answer
    • How many projects are you tasked with each quarter?   1 Answer

Technical Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Overland Park, KS (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interviewing process was 2 phases: 1st phone interview with the recruiter to discuss my resume and current position, as well as discuss details of the open position. Once you pass that, the recruiter will schedule a 2nd phone interview for a technical assessment. However, my recruiter failed to provide any information regarding the level of questioning or what to expect. The Microsoft SQL proficiency they're seeking was never communicated properly, and as a result, I was not selected for the 3rd phase/final interview. The recruiter also handed off the task of scheduling the technical interview to someone else, who didn't list the correct job title either. It was extremely confusing and misleading, and I felt like my time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a firewall to someone who has never used a computer before?   Answer Question
    • What is a join statement? Can you write out a join statement?   Answer Question
    • What is a primary key? What is a foreign key?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Orlando, FL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Call with the recruiter to see if I was interested in the position. They told about the position and why Ceridian is a great place to work. Unlimited time off is attractive.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out first. Then set up a phone interview with manager. This was set for 30 mins. Standard questions. Nothing difficult or out of the blue. The interviewer was courteous. I did not get past this stage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, not professional.   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ceridian in September 2019.

Interview

I only made it to the phone interview, which was extremely extremely laid back and unprofessional. She seemed extremely promising and even offered to put my application for several positions but then they decided to move forward with a different candidate

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements   1 Answer

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The first Call is from the recruiter. They ask simple questions, nothing to worry about here. After the initial phone call they set you up for a technical interview. The technical interview split up into 3 sections.
    1. SQL Questions, IE What is a priamry/foriegn key, what is a join, they ask you to use a join.
    2. Technical questions/Trouble shooting
    3. Customer facing questions
    The last part of the interview process is a face to face interview. This was more casual and they asked customer facing questions but nothing too difficult. Asked simple questions such as what are you weakness, greatest strengths, what would your last boss say was your greatest strengths, how has your day been, why are you leaving your current position. It was a weird interview and it seemed as though they were just trying to see if I would fit culturally and not if I could do the job.
    In my situation, after a week they did not move forward with me. I called my recruiter Sue and she was able to set up another interview with another team and manager. I was able to skip the first two parts of the process and go straight to the last interview.
    This interview was over the phone and was much different than my in person interview. The questions only came from one manager that was based in Canada and he asked these questions.
    1. how would you describe "the cloud" to a 4 year old or a customer.
    2. What is the difference between a join and a Union.
    3. Gave me a situation to use a Join or union.
    4. Is the customer always right?

It seemed as though the first team I interviewed for was less of a technical team than the second team based in Canada. even though it was for the same position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the cloud to a non-technical customer?   Answer Question
    • What would your last boss say was your greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a union and a join?   Answer Question
    • Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The process was weeks long I had 4 interviews one I came in person to be interviewed through Skype. The Last interview the interviewer did not seem like he cared about anything. He asked me to tell him who all I met and I did not know I had interviewed there for the last 3 weeks. I told him I could pull up that info and let him know but he told me no need then dinged me for it. The interviewers also told me to get ready for 16 hour days and working late Friday and through the weekends regularly. I was then told that the team dynamic is one where everyone is too busy to answer questions so you need to figure out everything with little to no help because ques are too filled. I was overly qualified for the job but going through my resume and answering the same questions was ridiculous. Obviously this company does not know how to communicate. They want you to dress up.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.