Ceridian Applications Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Ceridian Applications Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Ceridian

3.2

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Fountain Valley, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I received a response from Sue Svetkovich scheduling my first telephonic round. So, during this round I was asked about my work experience and few other general questions. I was then asked to schedule for the second telephonic round(approx. 60mins) for which I was interviewed by a Sr. Application Analyst. He tested me in three areas: technical(10-12 questions), trouble-shooting(5-7 questions)and customer-facing scenarios(3-5 questions).Later I got a response that they were impressed with my technical skills and that there weren’t any red flags, and have asked me to schedule for the last round which is an onsite interview. As it wasn’t possible for me to travel, the interview was conducted over the phone. It lasted for 60minutes where I was interviewed by two managers. In this round, I was asked few technical questions and a lot of customer-facing scenarios. Later, I got a response from the HR saying that I wasn’t selected because I did not have enough customer facing exposure. It was totally unexpected and disappointing, but I did not want to give up, so I contacted Sue, hoping to find out if they could conduct another round of interview to test my skills.
And here comes the twist of the tale, she considered my request and successfully set up another interview session with the Senior Managers. She is approachable and despite her busy schedule, she is very prompt in responding or providing updates. Meanwhile, I tried to assess my answers I have given in the previous round and corrected my mistakes and prepared well. This was a telephonic round and lasted for apprx.45 mins where I was given few customers facing scenarios and was asked how I would handle such situations. After it ended, I was confident that it went well, and I received a response saying that I had been accepted for this position. The overall experience was great and the interviewers at each stage were amazing and always made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions: basic SQL questions. w3schools.com can be a good source to brush up your basics.
    Trouble shooting questions: there are no correct answers for this section but they would test you on how you would identify the cause of a problem and the kind of solution you can come up with. (Tip: Be inquisitive and try to ask more questions to identify the cause of the prob).Try to have a basic trouble shooting technique and you can apply this for any kind of problem.
    Customer-facing scenarios: They want to see how you would handle situations under pressure, how well you can handle a problem by aligning to the company's values or how can you explain some technical concepts to a non technical person in layman's terms.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ceridian

Applications Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian in November 2017.

Interview

I received an email to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. This interview included general questions and more information about the company. Next, I had a 45 minute technical phone interview. If you are successful with the technical interview you will be scheduled for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about yourself, formulating SQL queries, and situational support questions.   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

I was interviewed for the position with Ceridian in November. I participated in two rounds of interviews. Once both of them are completed, I was told that i would be getting a result by December 2nd week, but I did not get any update from them.

Interview Questions

• General Questions about me and some SQL   2 Answers

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The first Call is from the recruiter. They ask simple questions, nothing to worry about here. After the initial phone call they set you up for a technical interview. The technical interview split up into 3 sections.
    1. SQL Questions, IE What is a priamry/foriegn key, what is a join, they ask you to use a join.
    2. Technical questions/Trouble shooting
    3. Customer facing questions
    The last part of the interview process is a face to face interview. This was more casual and they asked customer facing questions but nothing too difficult. Asked simple questions such as what are you weakness, greatest strengths, what would your last boss say was your greatest strengths, how has your day been, why are you leaving your current position. It was a weird interview and it seemed as though they were just trying to see if I would fit culturally and not if I could do the job.
    In my situation, after a week they did not move forward with me. I called my recruiter Sue and she was able to set up another interview with another team and manager. I was able to skip the first two parts of the process and go straight to the last interview.
    This interview was over the phone and was much different than my in person interview. The questions only came from one manager that was based in Canada and he asked these questions.
    1. how would you describe "the cloud" to a 4 year old or a customer.
    2. What is the difference between a join and a Union.
    3. Gave me a situation to use a Join or union.
    4. Is the customer always right?

It seemed as though the first team I interviewed for was less of a technical team than the second team based in Canada. even though it was for the same position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the cloud to a non-technical customer?   Answer Question
    • What would your last boss say was your greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a union and a join?   Answer Question
    • Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ceridian (Ottawa, ON) in January 2017.

Interview

There are three stages, the first is mostly general questions, the 2nd is technical. if u scale through u will be called for the on site interview. The technical interview is the critical stage.. i was scared but after talking for a while i was calm

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ceridian (Markham, ON) in January 2016.

Interview

Round 1 - Phone interview with recruiter -> usual HR questions, previous experience...
    Round 2 - Phone interview with senior analyst - basic technical questions involving SQL and OOP. Simple SQL queries (Join and Group By)
    Round 3 - In house interview with Support Director and Manager - many behavioral questions and more advanced and specific SQL and OOP questions.

Interview Questions

• If a director asks you to call important client, while team lead is saying that there is non-related issue affecting 50 clients, what will be your priority?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Markham, ON) in September 2017.

Interview

3 levels of interview. 1st one is resume review over the phone. 2nd is technical. SQL based questions. about 10-12 of them. just testing that you have enough knowledge of SQL. 3rd is in person with higher ups. They judge you on how smart you are and how valuable can you be.

Interview Questions

• sql queeries. types of joins. gave 2 tables and asked to find results which require joins and where clause.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ceridian (Montreal, QC) in June 2013.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I received a call from HR. This phone interview was in both English and French and was for general screening. I did not have any internal connections, so all applicants are considered and reviewed. My second interview was with the hiring manager by phone and was general questions on personality and IQ. The last interview was purely technical.

Applications Analyst Interview

Interview

Received an initial call from HR Representative. The first interview was non-technical, I was asked to describe all my previous professional experiences and the task(s) I was involved in. I was then asked to fill out a small quiz to send back. Soon after, I had another phone interview scheduled - this was slightly more technical. Immediately after this second call, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview where I met with another manager and the director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My advice would be to negotiate your starting offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Found the job on LinkedIn and had to apply online. Got a call from HR a few days later and was scheduled for a 30 minutes telephone interview. After that another 30 minutes telephone interview was scheduled with the Leader of Support to test my technical background combined with my customer support skills in detail.
    This was followed by an Onsite interview, which lasted about 1 hour. After that there would have been another Onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would do if it was 3 am in the morning and a costumer contacts me because he cannot open the website to get access to his account - What kind of steps would I do to seek out the problem.   Answer Question
    • I was given a SQL-test on paper and was asked to write down SLQ Queries to get information out of the database and I was given a C# code sample and was asked to see why the code is not working.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.