Centro Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Centro Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Centro

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Interview

The overall interview process was great and (almost) everyone was very nice and professional. Questions were very fair. The one thing I will say is the recruiter was one of the least professional and rudest people I've ever spoken to, recruiters or just plain humans. The only way I can describe her interviewing style is AWFUL and straight up disrespectful. I saw this mentioned in a couple other reviews, and felt the need to confirm its truth. Candidates should not be treated this way. Not to mention being stood up during scheduled times and not asking about salary at the beginning, which felt like wasting both sides' time because expectations were not aligned.

Interview Questions

• Homework assignment and expanding upon the homework assignment in person   Answer Question

Centro Response

Mar. 20, 2019 – Centro

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. A raving fan candidate experience including a positive and professional experience with all interviewers is a huge priority here at Centro, and... More

Other Interview Reviews for Centro

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (Toronto, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

After my friend recommended me an Internship of this company, I first got a phone interview asking me questions about background and skills. Then one onsite interview which was just two interviewers keeping asking me technical questions for two hours in an office.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

I initiated the process through an external recruiter. They presented my profile. From here, I was able to see the company was dealing with the process pretty unprofessionally. Kept delaying their feedback. Lastly their recruiter from chicago got in touch who had no clue what position I was going for. There was serious mismatch between positions posted on site and what she was saying. That is sometimes understandable so I didn't count it against them. Recruiter was rude in mentioning my salary expectations are too high, although other companies have been accepting of the range.

Interview Questions

• However afterwards they asked for a implementation for a small scale version of their product in 48 hours. I implemented and submitted. No acknowledgement of reception of solution neither by automated system reply, nor by recruitment. Notified by email that my submission is in, still no acknowledgement or time estimate of getting back.

4 days later, called and emailed. No response.

Next week reached out to external recruiter who told me that they would not be moving ahead. No clear reasons.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Interview

This is the only interview in my career where I knew I was going to refuse any potential offer since minute one.

Too many pretentious people starting from the main desk to some interviewers. You can feel it from the moment you enter, too many 'we are too smart for you' vibes you get. I am pretty sure you would not get this much arrogance if you were interviewing at NASA or google.

The interview didn't quite match the job description, you apply for A get interviewed for B where B is 180 degrees from A.

Impolite and unprofessional, you feel you are almost getting kicked out of the office after the interview.

I just remained until the end of the interview out of politeness, I knew I was not going to accept any offer if presented and I lost interest very fast.

Lesson learned: when a company puts a lot of effort online to promote itself as a place where employees love coming to work; it might be something else they're compensating with this slogan.

Interview Questions

• What is hoisting in JavaScript?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.