Central Garden & Pet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Central Garden & Pet Interview Questions

Interviews at Central Garden & Pet

2.5

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Washington, DC (US)) in May-2018.

Interview

applied online, got a call from the territory manager was asked to come in the next day. went in interview was super easy asked basic questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for us? and stuff like that. very straight forward interview process.

Interview Questions

• how can you stop a customer from buying competitions product?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet.

Interview

Easy phone and in-person interview. Phone call lasted about 20 minutes-the territory manager explained the position and asked basic questions. Was asked to meet at a local distributor where the territory manager explained what you'd do on a normal day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a difficult issue or situation at work and how you solved it   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Walnut Creek, CA (US)) in March-2016.

Interview

Short phone interview, then an in-person interview about a week later. Was questioned and quizzed briefly on technical skills. Specifically asked very on-the-surface questions about my experience working with big sales data, and not anything beyond that. No mention of Algorithms or data science.

Interview Questions

• Walkthrough of Educational background and what interested me about the position.   Answer Question

Agronomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Madison, GA (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

Very professional and in depth. I participated in a phone pre-screening interview with talent acquisition, phone interview with head of research, and final interview with upper management of the division in which I was applying for a position. All were conducted in a very professional manner with excellent questions to enable me to provide the detailed information on my background/experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason I wanted to leave my current employment to pursue this position?   1 Answer

Lead Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Neptune, NJ (US)) in July-2017.

Interview

The hiring process I think they did a great job, they did background check and did a urine sample. This helps me know that my coworkers are reliable and a safe work environment

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to be part of central garden and pet   2 Answers

Customer Service Order Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Boise, ID (US)) in June-2016.

Interview

Very easy going and friendly interview. They were up front, honest and described the job accurately. I would recommend to my friends to apply at Central Garden & Pet Supply it is simply an awesome place to work.

Interview Questions

• What was my weakest strength?   1 Answer

Accountant - Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Boise, ID (US)).

Interview

Straight forward process. Send application, resume, cover letter & contacts.
    Receive call to set up interview which would be scheduled as quickly as possible, most likely the next day.
    Interview is held in a room as close to the front doors as possible with two low lvl managers and no cross committee members.
    I received a call to let me know they would like to send a job offer within 20 minutes, received another call within the hour from regional personnel manager , and finally got my offer letter and salary/compensation packet the next day via FedEx.

Interview Questions

• It's a very basic interview.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you think you are a good candidate for CG&P?
      Tell me about how you handle conflict?
      Where do you see yourself in 5, 10, 15 years?

There are no questions to see if you are a good fit for the monotony of data entry that is required in the position. Instead, the interview focused more on personality as low lvl management is interested in finding people that are positive and willing to bolster management where possible.   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Dallas, TX (US)) in April-2015.

Interview

Received a call for phone interview(Screen out). That went well and then received a call to meet at a local establishment to interview in person. The interview went well and received a call days later to take drug screen test. Then received offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a merchandiser? Are you willing to travel? Do you mind working outdoors in all types of weather?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy process. Offered me the average salary for my area and I accepted it.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Interviewed with someone from HR first before interviewing with someone more involved in the role. The gal from HR was extremely nice, however she asked a lot of illegal questions (do you live alone, do you have a family you live with, do you rent or own a home etc.) that made me feel very uncomfortable and raised a red flag because HR should know better! I interviewed then with someone else within the company who seemed very involved in the role I was applying for. He was nice, but quickly seemed to become bored and disengaged in the interaction. He said they would get back to me by middle of the following week- which did not happen. I had an experience very similarly to another post below- I had contact information so I reached out to ask for an update etc. I got a rejection email from HR within a matter of just a couple of hours. Why tell an applicant a specific time to expect to hear from you and then not follow though- makes me wonder about the company as a whole. The whole process really left a bad taste in my mouth with how it was handled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you produced results.   1 Answer
    • What can we do better as a company?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in Central?   1 Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in December-2014.

Interview

Very light fluffy human resource phone interview followed by a fairly intense phone interview with marketing director who seemed to check out fairly quickly but kept going through canned questions

Interview Questions

• Name an object in the room you are in and tell me what percentage of the market does it represent.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.