Cengage Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Cengage Interview Questions

Interviews at Cengage

2.8

Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA (US)

Interview

Did a 5-10 minute phone interview with their head of recruiting. He started of the conversation by telling me he let go of their recruiter and was looking for her replacement. What a way to make someone feel very thrilled won’t you say? The guy was a complete jerk over the phone . Made me feel very uncomfortable by asking me questions as if I was in a prison cell. Avoid interviewing with this company if possible. Their recruiting staff needs more professionalism skills along with some courtesy to folks on the phone.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cengage (Mason, OH (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview with an HR rep and then 2-3 phone interviews with people in other locations and finally an inperson interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They called and offered me the job, I asked for more money, we settled in the middle and then I received my official offer letter.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cengage in May 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin to set up a phone call. Had the call, was told he'd let me know next steps by the weekend, and never heard back. I followed up via email a few days after he was supposed to get back to me (about a month ago) but never got a reply.

Interview Questions

• Typical phone screen questions about background, resume, etc.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cengage.

Interview

The interview process took 2 months from start to finish, but it was very straight forward. I had three phone interviews and one face-to-face. Each interview was professional and there were no "curve balls" thrown at me. It seemed to be heavily focused on making sure my personality and demeanor would be a good fit for my team since there would be a lot of collaboration involved.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to interview for a position in this industry?   Answer Question

Associate Media Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cengage (Belmont, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

I had seven interviews in two rounds, with members of editorial and media development ranging from mid to high level. All of the interviewers were courteous, well-informed about my background and the position, and asked engaging, insightful questions. Many times, the discussion began with my current experiences, then moved into how I could apply those in the new role, and then concluded with a discussion of the current state of the industry and the motivations behind what we do. I thoroughly enjoyed these discussions, and they were prompt in follow-up and response to my questions and inquiries throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to analyze and present data in a previous or your current position.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cengage (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

There was a pre screening online meeting with team members and managers, where they talked about my resume and asked some technical questions.

After that there was an on-site interview which was split in three segments: overview of company/explanation of what I would be working on, technical segment, and behavioral segment.

I heard back from the talent acquisitor with an offer within a week's time.

Interview Questions

• Given an array and a sum, check to see if any of the numbers in the array can be added together to equal the sum.   Answer Question

Associate Development Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cengage (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

The initial communication came from an HR staff member. I then interviewed with 4 members of the team.

Interview Questions

• I was required to create a market development plan to achieve 100,000 customer touches of a specific technology product.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was brief. There were no terms to negotiate for this position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cengage (Clifton Park, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Technical phone screening interview followed by onsite interview. Met with 4 engineers basically testing out knowledge for 2 hours. Has been 4 weeks since the interview, no offer, no rejection. Initially followed up after a week, told me to follow up again after 1-2 weeks. Followed up after 2 weeks, no response. Felt rather unprofessional. A simple rejection would've been suffice. Don't hold your breath when applying here.

Interview Questions

• Type of people you want to work with   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cengage (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

functional test suites using Selenium, Appium, Java and TestNG Performed regression,
    integration, functional testing. Participated in functional and UI specification reviews. Created and executed test
    cases for new features and functionalities. Provided complete end-to-end testing before deployment. Performed
    battery drain test. Tested application behavior under various interruptions: battery strength level, incoming
    calls, SMS, video calls. Performed localization testing

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cengage in September 2017.

Interview

I only did a technical phone interview with one of the managers. Call was schedule for 11:00 a.m, however for some technical difficulties the call started 20 minutes later which I blame no one for. The rest of the interview went by sharing the screen and I was given two questions to solve at the point. I did solve the first one correctly. For the second one I couldn't get it on time so the interviewer provided his email to submit it after which I did. What makes it a horrible experience and a place I regret applying for is that they never reached back for a result or even an excuse. One day I had to cal the company and ask for the manager at 10:00 a.m and the hr person was like it is too early for him to be here.

Cengage Response

Oct. 30, 2017

Thank you for providing us your feedback. I would like to learn more about your experience. Please email me at Careers@Cengage.com. -Jill

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.