Capital One Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Capital One Senior Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.6

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was well laid out. Technical challenge before an onsite interview. The onsite interview experience was very pleasant. All the interviewers were professional in their interviewing. The interview coordinator was very prompt and helpful. The recruiter I think went beyond and was fantastic.

Interview Questions

• There was mix of technical and behavioural questions. There was also a Case interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Vienna, VA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Phone Screen (2 Job fit, 2 Behavioral, 1 Case).

Phone Screen was easy, apart from architectural questions, the interviewer asked me some outdated questions in Java for this position (such as Comparator and Comparable and some basics on Strings). I answered them anyways. I was asked to explain "AWS layers", I asked for clarification that if its about "Lambda layers" or something else. I had to make the interviewer realize to ask me about AWS Services :). Some questions around CICD, Security.

JobFit went really well, I explained them architecture and for a given problem I could present them AWS and open source solutions architecture using multiple programming languages with solid reasoning. The interviewers were smart and I could see they were impressed with my answers and architecture white-boarding.

Behavioral went well too, as I prepared and practiced 8-10 examples upfront. Interviewers were nice and friendly too. In my second behavioral round I was asked similar questions, I pointed this to the interviewer who gracefully apologized and thanked me. He then asked different set of questions.

Technical Case study was interesting but easy. I needed couple of indirect hints to speed up my solution. This doesn't need much preparation, just get a basic understanding of it. Recruiter will give you some info. I unnecessarily over prepared for it. Who knows, it might help me sometime in future. This is the only round where I learned something new that day :).

Then they had something called as Ambassador meeting for 30 minutes in between the interviews (mine was Video), where the ambassador from senior leadership told me that this is the time I get to ask questions, but then he started talking about his journey in the company for first 10 minutes and then started talking about Capital One. I pointed out that I worked in Capital One, and then he went thru my resume. From his facial expression I could sense that he was probably not happy that I am applying for a Senior Manager position with 15 months of leaving the company (2 level up from the position I left). When I was questioning him on few things, I was intercepted on multiple occasions, didn't expect that from someone at that position.

There was also a lunch meeting with another person whom I found weak in terms of both communication skills and tech knowledge, as compared to other folks who did my Job Fit.

Overall, they were not comfortable in bringing me in for Senior Manager, but wanted me as a Manager, which I couldn't because I am on H1 Visa. I would have however declined Manager offer regardless of the hike.

I must say the process was well organized, and my recruiter did a great job in preparing me for the interview, but there is no point in calling me for entire day and declining even after finding me strong for the position, which negates all the positives from the interview. Clearly, if not everyone at least the hiring manager got biased against me after learning I worked in C1 and my interview performance was neglected. I get it, but this should have been done upfront, and they should have rejected me, not wasting my entire day and everyone else's time.

Notes:
    1. I applied for other positions too in C1, where I spoke with senior leadership, who mentioned they have so many positions and would love to bring me in. Later recruiter calls me to tell they had just one position which they closed.
    2. For another position, I found one of the recruiters really arrogant. One need to be really assertive with these kind of guys.
    3. An (ex-employee) warned me that he left the company because he found it a slave culture in many teams.

Interview Questions

• Mostly around your experience, no surprises.   1 Answer

Not the position I was expecting

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

It is a very narrow focussed overfitted process for a specific project. Their recruiting process was very good. However they still missed the mark inspite of having such a great process because the candidate did not get a good feel of the team they will work with, the cross functional aspects of the organization; all in all the teams and interviewers seemed to be in silo and not cohesive

Interview Questions

• How do you configure partitions and load balancing in AWS ?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Capital One has a layered recruiting process.

There will be an initial conversation with a recruiter. If you both decide it makes sense to continue exploring the opportunity you take a behavior assessment, and skills/IQ test. Assuming you pass the assessment and test you move on to a second screening call.

The in-person interview may be with as many as four people so plan to clear a full day for this part of the process.

Don't be concerned if the process takes two or more months. In addition to the fact the process is layered, scheduling the hiring team can be extremely challenging.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The recuiter was ultra professional and very timely with her communication. She respected my time and was kind throughout the process. I spoke with her for a phone screen, took the 3 assessments online, then had another phone interview about a day later with2 folks on-site. Within a few days I was invited to fly out to interview with the larger team in panel groups over about a 4 hour time period. The site was very impressive, everyone was very kind and helpful, and the interviewers were all very sharp and very 'human' in their interactions with me during my time there. I was throughly impressed with them all.

Interview Questions

• Review the provided metrics and describe to me your observations.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process is pretty unique. First, a HR representative reach out to me and we talked over the phone for 15 minutes. Then I was required to complete an online qualitative and quantitative tests. Following the on-line test, the hiring manager called me

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions and some case interviews   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Behavioral and job fit interviews are the norm unless you are applying for an analyst role or other unique role. If that is the case, the recruiter will let you know if you have a "case interview" or demo that you need to present to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a negative co-worker   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The bar is fairly high for getting hired at capital one. Expect at least 4-5 hours during a power day. A mix of case studies, behavioral interviews and technical interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Thorough process from beginning to end. Very professional and well presented. Impressive over all. A Sr. Recruiter contacted me initially for a phone interview. Then, I had to complete three tests/assessments. After I passed those, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager decided to bring me in for a half day panel interview that consisted of behavioral and job fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you say was one of the most difficult goals or projects you have completed in relation to your work that you feel the experience you gained will help you in this role?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

The interview process is comprised of multiple steps, beginning with online testing assessments. Then it proceeds to telephone interviews, followed by panel interviews. For some positions the candidates are also "cased" where they must complete a business case, or a design challenge, for example. The recruiters do an excellent job explaining the process and setting expectations with candidates.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked are behavioral interviewing questions.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.