Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Capco Interview Questions

Interviews at Capco

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capco (Paris (France)) in January 2018.

Interview

Soirée de recrutement : 3 entretiens dans la soirée
    Entre chaque entretien quelques minutes pour diner (sushis...). Pendant les repas, possibilité d'échanger avec les collaborateurs du cabinet de façon plus informel.

Processus ultra efficace : proposition d'embauche en moins d'une semaine

Interview Questions

• Les questions sont standards : Parcours, motivations, perspectives/ambitions, prétentions salariales et grade désiré   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zaventem (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Capco (Zaventem (Belgium)) in August 2015.

Interview

First by phone then at the office, several classical question on the phone mainly testing the languages then a one to one meeting to test the competences after that a second meeting with a second person to test the other skills IT , financial, etc

Associate Talent Program (ATP) Interview

Interview

I had a screening and a virtual interview. Screening was short with some behavioral questions; have research done on the management consulting industry, company, and ATP program.

The interview was fairly standard and seemed as if it would be done after 20 minutes until I was asked a brainteaser after I had finished asking the interviewer questions. It was somewhat unexpected. Capco wants to see how you think, but I am personally not a fan of these brainteasers. I believe case questions concerning the business field would be more appropriate here.

Had I moved on, the next stage would have been a 70-minute group interview involving a case question and presentation.

Interview Questions

• How many parking spaces are in Manhattan?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round was quick 3 questions.
    one being what is your most proud achievement. And you are given in-between 30-90 seconds to answer. It was online, I personally do not like just talking to a camera.

Interview Questions

• the question is written above. It was not that hard   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco in October 2020.

Interview

This was an interview at a campus career fair. It was very relaxed. We went over my resume and the recruiter asked me questions about the things that stood out to her. Then we talked about what would be the next steps in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience coding with Python.   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

I applied online through my university. After that, I was then sent a Hirevue to complete. After that, I had a video interview with a Capco employee. Mostly behavioral with some brief questions on what interests you in the financial services industry.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

4 rounds, first one was about experience. second one was about your technical knowledge. third round is the coding portion. simple data structure manipulation. last one was sort of behavioral and about your experience again. unfortunately they let you go through all the rounds knowing that what they can offer is below your range.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience using X, Y. Z. Will depend on the role   Answer Question

Digital Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Easy going phone conversation with a current Capco employee. Asked simple behavioral questions and discussed resume and experiences in depth. Left ample time at the end to answer all questions in depth.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied for the position of Data Analyst in June 2019. The whole process took almost two months, a phone interview with a recruiter and a Superdry interview. I should say that everyone was professional, and I had an excellent experience until I got a verbal job offer.
    When I talked with the recruiter, she insisted on knowing my salary expectations and assured me that we could discuss it if I get the offer.
    In early September, I received a call and got an offer. I negotiated for 6% raise (She told me that we could discuss it), and she said to me that: "I will get back to you by the end of the day," "Is it a deal-breaker for you if we can't meet your expectation?".
    I said NO, it is not a deal-breaker.
    And, the END OF THE DAY never comes. I sent a few emails and called her for almost two months, but she did not respond. After two months, she finally sent me an email: "in order to set expectations for you, I would be conservative and say that we'll be able to resume the process in January after the holiday slowdown." January 2020 passed, and she never got back to me.
    So the only sad thing is that why they say something that they do not believe in that. Certainly, negotiation is not part of their work culture, and unfortunately, the recruiter did not respect my time to apply and attend the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why the Financial Sector?
      Talk about my projects and work   Answer Question

Capco Response

Aug. 6, 2020 – Web Editor

Thank you for your feedback on your experience with Capco. We are very sorry to hear that you did not receive an offer from Capco after your positive interview experience. Capco’s needs are ever-changing, and we do try to keep our candidates in the loop of any changes in our hiring plan. It is very important that we ensure that the candidates we bring into Capco fit the needs of our business, so that new joiners are able to get the working experience that initially drew them to a career at Capco.

We are also committed to providing a streamlined, transparent process to our prospective hires, so we are very disappointed to hear of your experience. We are grateful that you provided this feedback so that we may do some introspection and recommit ourselves to a best in class candidate experience going forward.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

I applied online to a Capco position and was contacted shortly after by phone for a screening interview. The interview was fairly straightforward and consisted of the normal questions, salary expectations, and proposed start date. After a few more phone calls I was eventually invited to interview at their office in NYC.

We were given a case 72 hours prior to the interview and had to prepare a briefing (we were given two different options for cases). The interview in NYC consisted of a few different conversations with different people; I presented my case in one, went over my resume in another, had a Q&A session, and lastly had a casual conversation with a Capco employee. The interview was quite enjoyable and I really enjoyed the experience, everyone was very friendly and quite intelligent.

A day after my interview I was contacted and informed that I got the job; they quoted my an initial salary and informed me that paperwork would be sent over shortly. This is where the entire process started to go wrong. I was soon informed that despite being offered the job, they would not be able to send me formal paperwork as there "were too many people on the bench". This went on for weeks, and it now has been months. It really is a shame as I did want to work for Capco but the ending really spoiled the mood. At the end of the day it is water under the bridge as I got into a top 5 business school...

Here's a tip to Capco: don't post job availabilities online or interview people if the job does not exist. It not only wasted my time, but moreover wasted Capco's time. I understand the business cycle and benched employees, but that is information that was available prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Capco?
      What service offering of Capco are you interested in?
      What fintech trends do you follow?   Answer Question

Capco Response

Jul. 7, 2020 – Web Editor

Thank you for the feedback on your experience interviewing at Capco. I'm sorry that the job offer did not come to fruition. Earlier in the year, we were working through some uncertainty and, unfortunately, we did not foresee the shift in hiring needs given the unprecedented global pandemic. This was definitely disappointing for us too, since we were very excited about the candidates we had interviewed. Change is constant in our business, and we do make a concerted effort to keep candidates informed in real-time of any deviations in the process or with the role in consideration. Recruiting works closely with our business leaders to make sure that our timeline for hiring is accurate and aligned to our growing business.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review, and congratulations on being accepted to business school. We wish you much success in your future!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.