Cancer Research UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Cancer Research UK Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jul, 2018

2.8

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Birmingham, AL (US)) in February-2018.

Interview

They called it assessment day, which consist of a one-hour presentation from the CCUK, following with an out-door assessment in about 20-30 minutes and a 15-minute - interview. There were about 7-8 candidates and the team was very nice and supportive.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Islington, England (UK)) in August-2017.

Interview

Online application followed by an email invitation to an interview at Angel Building in Islington. I was interviewed by three people and it lasted approximately 40 minutes. They asked me competency based questions and I was informed 2 weeks afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Why have you applied for an internship at CRUK and what skills and experience do you hope to gain during the placement   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a project or a piece of work you are most proud of   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you have influenced others to change their minds about something   1 Answer
    • Can you tell us about a time when you spotted an opportunity to solve a problem or improve something that no on else has noticed?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

The interviewers first described the internship a bit to me and then asked questions. At the end I was able to ask a few questions. They were very nice and made sure to make me feel as comfortable as possible.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in August-2017.

Interview

I completed an online application form, that mainly asked about my work experience and the skills necessary for the role. About a month later, I was called in for an interview, which mainly comprised of competency based questions.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in August-2017.

Interview

Interview process took about 1 month from submitting online application to receiving the offer. It was a relatively easy process with a competency based online application form and interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I heard back from Cancer Research UK within a week of applying online with an offer for an interview. The told me it would be roughly 45 mins and would be competency questions. On the day I had 2 interviewers (both very friendly) asking mostly competency based questions. The atmosphere was more relaxed and welcoming than I expected. The interview lasted about 30mins in total.

Interview Questions

Cancer Research UK Response

11 Aug, 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Thank you very much for writing this feedback. We are really sorry that you were not successful, but we wish you the best of luck in your future career plans. Kind regards.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in December-2014.

Interview

No phone interview. Invited straight to the office. There did a short and simple case study with two members of the team (Not HR). Received a job offer within a week. Overall, quite nice and relaxed atmosphere.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in April-2015.

Interview

Two rounds, competency based followed by interesting testing method in second round. My interview was interrupted a few times, which was poor but overall an interesting, informative and quite enjoyable process

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Online application, aptitude test, numerical test, assessment day. Consisted of group exercises, reading tasks and then one on one meetings. Also a panel presentation and questions. Concluded with a tour of the building.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

Applied for the same job twice but hours of work varied on both, the first one was for 15 hours which I didn't get but the second one was for 23.5 hours

Applied online , got an email asking I've been invited for an interview went a couple days after. If you past the interview you will do a day in the job which is basically letting your manager know if your right for the job or not

The first time I didn't get the job but was put into a talent pool so basically if any jobs came up I would be put forward for an interview again .. so did that again and the day in the store and within a week I got the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you don't job but they offer the talent pool it worked for me totally :)

Cancer Research UK Response

11 Aug, 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Thank you for writing your experience for the assistant manager interview. Happy that it worked out for you in the end! Best regards