Canadian Tire Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Canadian Tire Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Canadian Tire

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire in August 2008.

Interview

I submitted my resume on a job finding site and got a call a few days after. I was called in for an interview. I had a one on one interview with the HR personnel of the store. He was very nice and friendly. He asked me questions about myself, customer service questions, etc. and got a call saying that I got the job a few days after.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about painting?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Canadian Tire

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON) in June 2018.

Interview

They brought us to a room in the store to ask us questions about our resumes and why we wanted to work at the store but they want full-time workers so be warned

Interview Questions

• What was one problem that you have run into in a group setting and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Edmonton, AB) in April 2012.

Interview

Only one interview, few questions, mostly easy to answer. Tell me about your previous experience, tell me about yourself, why you choose this company. All questions related to background experience and what you expect to achieve.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Your wage, schedule and holidays.

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Regina, SK) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a friend who had been working there for two weeks, and I was in search for summer job. He introduced me to the automotive manager, and I asked him if he needed anyone. After having a short conversation with him, I handed him my resume and went home. I called back a few times and finally the HR person contacted me and I went in for an interview. It was a fairly short interview and mostly involved questions asking me about myself, and how I had demonstrated leadership in my life.

Anonymous Employee in Abbotsford, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Abbotsford, BC) in August 2009.

Interview

Had a phone call and then interview within a week. Went well, lasted around 30-35 mins. Was little nervous at first since they take you in a small little room but answered all the questions to the point.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural question on show me an example of conflict resolution and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney, NS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Sydney, NS) in April 2009.

Interview

Dropped off resume to a department manager and formerly introduced myself. Department manager indicated that he would organize interviews in the next few weeks. I made a point to follow up every week until the department manager eventually interviewed me on the spot. Questions were rather straight forward and were taken from a standard interview sheet that he was given from upper management. After interview, department manager asked when I would be available to start, and in conclusion I was on payroll by the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable as a high school student. Minimum wage was offered and was all I was looking for.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very simple.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

easy hire. management was good at first. then switched and these guys played favourites. everyone could tell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied by sending my resume to the the job posting. I got a call for an interview a day later. I attended the interview and the interview proceeded as per usual. However, at the end the interviewer decides to talk about how I was "late". I arrived on-time as the bus had some unforeseen circumstances.

To me, it honestly seemed like she said no the moment she saw me.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had references   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

One interview with manager, all behavioural questions. It was extremely easy. I went in one day and handed my resume to a manager. Received a call a few days later and went in for it. Took about 20 minutes with 10 or so questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a downfall, or area you need to improve about yourself   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.