Canadian Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Interviews at Canadian Tire

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Windsor, ON) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job in person after hearing from the friend of a worker that the management preferred a hand-in to online. I was initially contacted in the beginning of March (three weeks after my hand-in), but it took until the beginning of April before they were prepared to schedule an interview. It then took a further four weeks with two follow-up calls before they would give me a decision regarding the position. I found the whole process really lengthy without any reasonable excuse.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have a history of on-the-job accidents? We get a lot of those here."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON) in April 2012.

Interview

I simply do not have any advice, they took me in almost without any questions because a relative of mine referred me and was only there to review the rules, and job responsibilities. Wasn't asked many (any) questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

got hired, and got to work. I didn't care about my schedule and it was my first job so I was okay with minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Saint John, NB

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Saint John, NB) in October 2010.

Interview

I went to the store, asked for and received an application. I asked what it was like to work there and was told it was fine. Later that day I brought the filled in application back. A few days later I received a call for an interview. I went in for the interview the very next day. We talked easily. The job was explained. I was asked a few questions that were easy to answer. I then was given an employee shirt and brought to one of the checkout stands and introduced to an employee. We stood behind her while she worked. Then I was asked if I wanted to "try" it. I stayed on the cash for about half an hour, with the employee behind me, helping me. She was very good, helpful and kind. I was given the job on the spot and began working the next day. My willingness to learn their system, to work tons of hours over the holiday season, past experience in sales and my calm,assured and friendly manner at the interview were what I believe got me the job. That and the fact that they needed new people for the Christmas holiday sales. It's a great place to work during busy times. You would get TONS of hours. As a new employee, after the season is over, the hours will dry up dramatically.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked as a cashier before?   1 Answer
    • What hours are you available?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The salary is set.

Anonymous Employee in Port Coquitlam, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Port Coquitlam, BC) in September 2011.

Interview

One brings their resume into the store, where you are briefly interviewed by a manager. The resume then goes to the owners, and they decide based upon your references, experience and the manager's rating of your interview. (Based upon presentation of both resume and self; confidence, clothing/ appearance, hours available).

Cashier Interview

Interview

Talked lots about different situations that a normal cashier would face on a daily basis. Includes: helping manager out or cleaning up aisle spill?, how well you work in team situations. Very friendly 1 on 1 interview experience, especially for an entry level position. Tests to see if you are reliable and trustworthy to handle cash on a daily basis

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum allowance for a deficit and surplus at the end of day cash reconciliation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Mississauga, ON) in April 2012.

Interview

Very easy, 15 minute interview. Basic questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2010.

Interview

The interviews started at the job agency which was quite easy considering I had no experience. Then I went for two group interviews where there were about 8 other people being interviewed. I stood out quite easily because they want someone who is polite and responsible looking. Did a personality test as well and got a tour of the store. After about two weeks I got a call back. EASY.

Interview Questions

• Explain a bad situation you've had and how you've dealt with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with store manager and discussed job title and career path. We were 1 on 1 in stores main office. It was a formal interview and mostly just personality questions to see if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; What do you consider good customer service; what are your strengths   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Langford, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Langford, BC) in July 2015.

Interview

I went into the store and handed my resume to customer service, they immediately asked if I could do a quick interview and when I said yes they brought down a manager to interview me. I then went up to the employee floor and she looked over my resume and asked a few simple questions. She then simply talked to me for a while and set me up with a standard personality test. After I finished this, I went home and was called back 3 hours later asking if I'd like the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of paper is your resume on?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

The whole interview was in french. They asked me about my education, what i wanted to be when i grew up , my life goals. They also asked me about why i chose canadian tire , what i was hoping to do there. They also asked about my experience and the jobs Ive worked at and what skills were needed to do these jobs.

Interview Questions

• What are your life goals   2 Answers
    • Why Canadian Tire?   1 Answer
    • What skills did you use at your previous jobs?   1 Answer