Canadian Tire Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Canadian Tire Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Canadian Tire

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Oakville, ON) in April 2016.

Interview

They were very prompt I received a call for an interview that day, I came in the next and I knew I had the job within a week. Health and safety training, and orientation, were completed within two weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Canadian Tire

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Mississauga, ON) in August 2017.

Interview

Overall the interview process was short and easy. I got called in for an interview about a week after I applied and the mangers were super nice and easy-going. They pretty much told me I had the job and got called in for orientation a week later. They asked barely any questions, more of a chance for them to get to know your personality.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Canadian Tire   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Ottawa, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

General Manager asked me a few questions and then offered me the job on the spot in under half an hour. He mostly asked me questions about my work history and experience in retail environments. He asked me about my customer service skills as well.

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Edmonton, AB) in February 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview, must be willing to talk lots and give your opinion. Very interactive, allowed us to get to know exactly who we'd be working with. Group interview could be intimidating.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asks you for help what do you say?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Midtown Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Midtown Toronto, ON) in August 2018.

Interview

when you apply online, they will call you in if your a candidate, and they will start asking you stuff from there. they will ask you for your sin number and direct deposit banking information. they will try and get to know you, but they are not good with instructions, they tell you what to do once, and when you ask for help it is not given.

Interview Questions

• how far do you live?   Answer Question
    • do you participate in any sports/extra curricular activities that might hinder you from working?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Ottawa, ON) in August 2017.

Interview

It was pretty interesting. The questions were open ended. I really liked that because my response was not constrained. The interviewer was involving as well and knew how to tie in a new question based on my response to the previous question.

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Winnipeg, MB) in April 2019.

Interview

As others have said, the interview process was very easy. The manager who interviewed me could tell I was nervous and did very well at making me feel comfortable. Other interviews I’ve done felt more like an interrogation with a list of questions, but this was a very casual conversation. The manager didn’t care about the typical customer service-based questions and just wanted to get to know me as a person.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

The interview process was really simple and the questions asked were also really simple. The interviewer was friendly and was easy to talk to. The interview was just me and the interviewer in the patio section in Canadian Tire and was not formal. The uniform there is black jeans and the uniform shirt so the attire I wore was a nice shirt and black jeans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Ottawa, ON) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty quick interview with only around 10 basic questions. Easy atmosphere, interviewer was friendly, and they went over wages with me. Offered a position, but declined.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be good customer service in a store?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire in May 2017.

Interview

I applied in-person and handed my resume in at the customer service desk. I received a call two days later and went in that afternoon for the interview. The interview was short and very informal. Very few questions were asked and a position was offered at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.