Canadian Pacific Railway Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 80 of over 80 interviews

Recruiter8%
Employee Referral5%
HardAverageEasy

Application

Interview

Email provides questions to prep you for the first interview, then defers first interview to a hiring company, which then run through set questions that were not of the prep questions. Your answers are recorded and timed, and you are unable to redo your answers, only one shot with questions you are not prepared for. :(

Interview Questions
  • Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem.
    Answer Question
  • Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.

Canadian Pacific Railway

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway

Interview

Pre-recorded video questions with a small amount of time to prepare before giving an answer, then 2 in person interviews. They took a long time to tell me whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Calgary, AB) in Mar 2021

Interview

Started with a scheduled phone call. The call was only around 15 minutes. A lot of listening with only a few questions, mostly about my desire to work at this company specifically and about the industry.

Interview Questions
  • What interests you about regulatory economics and about this position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottumwa, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Ottumwa, IA) in Feb 2021

Interview

Behavioral based assessment, then reading comprehension questions, recorded video interview. All happened within 1 week. Last interview someone was not able to attend... which was a bad sign for me. They had decided not to hire me even before the interview. Made me uncomfortable during the whole interview thinking about it.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Canadian Pacific? Do you have experience working outside? Do you have experience handling heavy machinery?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Calgary, AB) in Jan 2021

Interview

Online interview, done through a website that will be emailed to you if selected. 30 seconds to prep for each question and the 1 to 2 minutes to answer. Some questions were more challenging than the others. Approx. 4-5 behavioural questions

Interview Questions
  • Describe an instance when you had to think on your feet to extricate yourself from a difficult situation.
  • Give me an example of a time in which you had to be relatively quick in coming to a decision.
  • Tell me about a time in which you had to use your written skills in order to get an important point across.
  • Give me an example of a time when you were able to successfully communicate with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you (or vice versa).

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Calgary, AB) in Nov 2020

Interview

1 screen call, 2 interviews, was asked some technical questions, why would I want to work there, tell them about my work experiences. The process was a little nerve wracking as I was asked technical questions on the spot, just answered it as best I could.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Canadian Pacific Railway

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway

Interview

Friendly interviewers who put you at ease. The interview was about an hour long. They wanted to hear detailed examples as answers to their questions (e.g. when, where, who, etc.).

Interview Questions
  • Describe how your experience is relevant to the role. A time you contributed to a team effort. Tell us about a time when safety was jeopardized. How did you deal with it? What is your leadership style?

Canadian Pacific Railway

Application

I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway

Interview

What experience do you have, are you a team player. Am i willing to work in bad weather and various hours. They asked if i had previous experience working in the industrial field. What do i want to achieve and learn working here.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Canadian Pacific Railway

Application

I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway

Interview

Fairly hard, long process. Takes a while to hear back. Complicated process trying to access online. Its almost like a recruitment type thing than an actual interview process. Helps to know people.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your feeling on safety?

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Calgary, AB) in Sep 2020

Interview

Online video recorded interview, group interview, aptitude tests, second interview, final interview. The entire process took around 3 months from initial application to receiving the offer, so have patience. Once you accept the offer, be prepared to complete a few tasks that require quick responses due to the timeline.

Interview Questions
  • Can you handle a 24/7 operation, with long hours and shift work
Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Interviews