Canadian Natural Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Canadian Natural Resources Interview Questions

Interviews at Canadian Natural Resources

2.8

Interview

Applied online through CNRL's career site in late May for the September work term (8 months). Received a phone call about three weeks later from HR Recruiter to set up an phone interview with the department manager and supervisor who I would be working with. Questions were all behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• - What do you know about CNRL? Why do you want to work here?
      - What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      - Tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself and how you went about achieving it
      - Where do you see yourself 3-5 years from now?
      - When was a time you had a problem with a team member/co-worker? How did you resolve it?
      - When was a time you were under pressure/faced a tight schedule and what did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Typical HR boilerplate interviews, asking the same questions that are a dozen years old. No basic courtesies offered - I was kept waiting 30 minutes, no offer of a drink or opportunity to hang up my coat. Interviews usually with >1 person, then usually a second given with higher management if you pass the first interview. Poor attempt was made to make you feel comfortable, which properly predicted that it isn't a 'kind and gentle' place to work.

Interview Questions

• All were pretty standard. Nothing creative or weird - pretty old school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not particularly open to negotiation.

Student Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

I applied to the student position. Posting was found online, applied before the deadline with resume and cover letter and transcript. Asked to come in for a fairly standard in person interview.

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources in October 2020.

Interview

Was sent a link to login on Webex, for a virtual interview. it was me and three interviewers. they were very relaxed and made it comfortable. Probably around 40 minutes of quality questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked what you know about the company? Their Mission Statement? Why you wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Great, the recruiter is talkative and friendly, overall nice experience, and I’m impressed by their work environment. I would recommend to give it a try if you would like to work on site

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

We were bought by CNRL, no job interview needed. They just had meetings between each person and the leaders to find a fit for everyone. From there they placed people based on their experience and need.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Human rescources person and process engineer video interviewed me. They were very conversational and happy. Posed interesting questions and gave feedback on my responses that adied greatly in moving into next questions.

Interview Questions

• strengths, weaknesses, times leadership was shown, mechanicalk skills shown in my personal life, saefty q's   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later then had an online interview with hiring managers and human resources. The interview experience was pretty normal, pretty standard interview questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Interview process began at the end of the summer student / internship role, in the last month. Interviewed with the VP of Production and an HR representative. They asked a variety of questions based on the STAR interview method, with lots of questions allowing me to give examples of past work history to illustrate my skills.

Joint Venture Accounting Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources (Calgary, AB) in January 2020.

Interview

Two separate interviews. First one was with two engineers, more technical questions, testing knowledge and ability. The second one was a week later just with HR, reading me very standardized HR questions about myself and my personality.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about CNRL and what is our mission statement?   Answer Question
    • How do you work with teams and what are your strenghts/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • If a man runs from the centre of a circular city to the edge of the city wall, it is 2km. If he runs around the city and then back home, how far did he run?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.