Canadian Natural Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Canadian Natural Resources Interview Questions

Updated 25 Apr, 2018

2.7

Interview

Applied online through CNRL's career site in late May for the September work term (8 months). Received a phone call about three weeks later from HR Recruiter to set up an phone interview with the department manager and supervisor who I would be working with. Questions were all behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• - What do you know about CNRL? Why do you want to work here?
      - What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      - Tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself and how you went about achieving it
      - Where do you see yourself 3-5 years from now?
      - When was a time you had a problem with a team member/co-worker? How did you resolve it?
      - When was a time you were under pressure/faced a tight schedule and what did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Typical HR boilerplate interviews, asking the same questions that are a dozen years old. No basic courtesies offered - I was kept waiting 30 minutes, no offer of a drink or opportunity to hang up my coat. Interviews usually with >1 person, then usually a second given with higher management if you pass the first interview. Poor attempt was made to make you feel comfortable, which properly predicted that it isn't a 'kind and gentle' place to work.

Interview Questions

• All were pretty standard. Nothing creative or weird - pretty old school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not particularly open to negotiation.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources in April-2014.

Interview

Interview Process was long and negotiation process was overly long and involved. Kept putting off signing of the contract to attempt to low ball. Salary was commensurate to overall business as to the bonus schedule.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when I had challenges with a fellow employee and what did I do to alleviate the issue.   Answer Question

Joint Venture Accountant Interview

Interview

Informal

Joint Venture Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources (Calgary, AB) in January-2013.

Interview

Submitted resume. Waited a while to here for an interview, around one month later. I came in for an interview with the manager i would be working for. Simple questions and that was it. Got a package in the mail about 2 weeks later with details on my position (pay, length of term etc.)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

I received a phone call and answered several questions on the phone. The only way I was able to get the interview was from an employee referral. Basic, easy HR questions were asked. Then about a week later, I received the offer letter.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources in February-2011.

Interview

The usual personality questions were asked. They described the job and the group that the interviewee would be working. Discussed a bit about the company and current goals. Asked about salary expectations. They seemed very professional.

Interview Questions

• Decribe a time where you encountered conflict, how did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

"We're going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and be yourself. After you'll have the opportunity to ask us any questions you may have. Remember, this interview not only allows us to get to know you, but for you to get know us and how our company operates."

Why did you apply to Canadian Natural?

Do you know anyone who currently works for CNRL or has completed an internship in the past?

Describe a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker/colleague and explain how you resolved it.

Describe a time when you were a leader.

Describe a time when you used scientific/engineering principles to solve a problem you currently have.

Describe a group project you have worked on in the past. What role did you have in the group and what were your responsibilities? What were your accomplishments and how did you contribute to the group?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

What's the Price of oil?

Do you know where we operate (list locations)?

Do you have any questions for us?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed a task. What did you do wrong? What did you learn from your mistake?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources (Calgary, AB) in September-2013.

Interview

Typical behavioural questions. The HR person was extremely professional, seemed genuinely interested to what you had to say which is more than I can say for the supervisor who openly yawned throughout the whole thing. Geez, I'm sorry, am I keeping you awake? Supervisor very unprofessional and wanted to get the interview over with ASAP. Genuinely disconnected and uninterested. Could tell she'd rather be anywhere but at the interview. Still got the job with no thanks to the supervisor. Good thing HR was professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? What did you do when confronted with a difficult boss/co-worker? How do you handle dealing with a difficult person? What are your weaknesses/strengths?   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources in February-2015.

Interview

Two interviewers; not easy directions.- held at international airport. ...not very nice place to get to. .park. ..or find. Interview was 30 minutes early. .I just got there. .early and was called in. Wrecked my " find my zen" time.

Interview Questions

• What is my outlook on safety?   1 Answer