Canada Drives Outbound Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

1 Interview Review

2.0

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in March 2017.

Interview

HORRIBLE!
I applied online, the next day had a phone call for an in person interview. I went for it, very quick just a bit of background questions on my experience and I was asked if long hours scared me, they informed me I could be working 12 hour days 7 days a week.. working in sales currently I know sometimes this is reality and it didn't bother me. So I left and a few days later had a phone call asking for another interview. I had 2 or 3 calls from a few different people asking me to come in for a 2nd interview. Finally I was able to call back and asked if I could speak with someone over the phone first to learn more about the position as I'm in the middle of moving and live a bit away, was told no they'd like to speak in person. So I drove down and had the meeting. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.
First of all, I found it extremely unprofessional that the guy who interviewed me was telling me names of employees and how much they made, one specifically he named and told me how much she had made the previous month and then told me she had worked every single day for over a month.. I don't even know how that is allowed. Then he pointed to a row of people sitting behind me and told me their salaries.

Speaking of.. the salary I was told for the position was not true, the man said to me they don't like investing that salary in people in case they don't stick around, so I could go on a base+commission. The job is literally sitting at a computer all day cold calling people who have applied for a loan. These loans are terrible, and I don't understand how these people feel okay selling them. I had my initial sit down and then was asked to do a shadow for 20 minutes.. another waste of time. They should have told me everything about the position point blank before I wasted my time shadowing. However, during the shadow I saw that the interest rates on the loans are around 47%... these are people who cannot afford things in the first place and then you gauge them with such high interest. So sad. Anyways, after that shadowing I was brought back to the office to be told about the salary, that they have high turnover because it is sitting at a table all day cold calling.

Not a company I would ever want to work for or support. Waste of time, just be wary of working here, and ask in depth questions about the job before you waste your time going in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working 12 hours a day 7 days a week?   6 Answers

Not somewhere I want to slave away at

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.