Canada Drives Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 53 of over 53 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

I did the 1st and 2nd steps of the interviews, the second one was a one-hour portfolio and files review with two other team members. Everything was great, and they said they would send me some updates about the position in a week. I waited, I even sent an email asking about it and I was ghosted. This is a TERRIBLE way to try to hire people, they don't care about the candidates' time and efforts. I feel disrespected, it is not difficult to send an email saying the candidate wasn't selected. PLEASE DO BETTER

Interview Questions
  • about the design processes, about the organization of the files.
    Answer Question

Canada Drives

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Drives in Feb 2022

Interview

Applied online, reached out by HR and asked to provide time slots for availability. HR then selected a time that didn't work for me, which was addressed in the previous email. So wrote back to request a reschedule but no email response just zoom meeting update. On second day interview cancelled without any notes / messages. Just a plain zoom update.

2 people found this interview helpful

Canada Drives

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Canada Drives in Feb 2022

Interview

First interview via phone, second interview via Zoom, 3rd interview also via zoom, basic questions, was asked if I was available to onboard certain dates, never heard back. When a company takes hours of your time, they should have the decency to let you know either way. When candidates are actively looking for employment, being professional goes both ways. I found this very unprofessional for such a large company. This is literally HRs main job! Save yourself the time if you are serious about finding a career.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you’re a good fit? What do you do in your spare time?
1 person found this interview helpful

Canada Drives

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Canada Drives in Dec 2021

Interview

I had a first round interview with two product managers and a recruiter. I then advanced to a second round interview with several team members. They scheduled the second round interview without asking about my hour of availability. I found this unusual but went with it. The interview went fairly well and I was told they'd make their decision the following week. They proceeded to ghost me when I reached out . Based on other reviews this is standard practice for Canada Drives. There is zero excuse for failing to at least send basic form rejection letters to applicants who have given you their time and effort. I'm not sure if this poor form can be attributed primarily to disorganization or general contempt for their prospects. Approach this company with caution.

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe you day to day activities in your current position?

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in Sep 2021

Interview

2-step process. Speak with the recruiter, and they may put your through to speak with the HR Manager on the same day or schedule it in for the next day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Drives (North Vancouver, BC) in Jul 2021

Interview

Interview process was quite straightforward explaining what activities are performed on daily basis. Good if you know about application life cycle. Explain about your achievements and daily task peformed in the previous role

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in Jul 2021

Interview

First interview was with an HR rep. Second and final interview was via zoom with two team leaders. Job description given from HR rep was completely different and outdated to what the team leads told me in round 2.

Interview Questions
  • Why was I looking to move companies

Canada Drives

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Canada Drives

Interview

I had three interviews with three different people over the course of a week. All of them were great conversations. The last one was with the hiring manager and he told me that he thought I would be a great fit and I could expect to hear back from the head recruiter in the next day or so. I never heard anything back-- they ghosted me. I followed up via email and never got a response either which I thought was very inconsiderate given that I had spent over three hours of my time speaking with them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Canada Drives

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canada Drives

Interview

The first interview with the recruiter was great. Really sold me on the company. The second technical interview was a disaster. I have never felt so embarrassed in an interview. I haven’t gotten an official rejection email yet, but it’s definitely happening after todays disaster of an interview. I was not prepared to write code in this interview, since I was already given a take home coding assignment to complete. I shared my screen on a zoom call and I was asked to make some function counting a Fibonacci sequence. Honestly, I don’t know what a Fibonacci sequence is and he tried to explain it to me to do but I froze and nerves got to me. I really didn’t properly understand what he was asking me to do and I panicked. After the interview I Googled what a Fibonacci sequence is to properly understand what he was asking me to do, and it made sense. But in the moment I was panicking and I just told them I can’t do it. Having two people watch my screen judging me while I work on something that I don’t understand at all felt like torture. He told me that he just wanted to see my thought process rather than my final answer, but I wasn’t thinking straight because I was having a mini anxiety attack from the situation. My suggestion for the company would be to maybe cater that technical interview more for the role. Don’t ask a front end developer so solve an algorithm question. Ask them to solve a real world front end problem or a tough CSS challenge. I don’t feel like I was able to showcase any of my talents as a front end developer. I’m a little disappointed that this is the impression I left because the company did legitimately seem great to work for and I know that I’m so much better than I was able to show them.

Interview Questions
  • Name front end technologies and frameworks you use
4 people found this interview helpful

Canada Drives

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Drives in Jan 2021

Interview

Met twice via Zoom with someone from HR and members of the Salesforce team. Everyone was very friendly and asked a lot of good questions. Second interview required a demonstration of Salesforce knowledge but it was fairly basic/standard stuff.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Interviews

Canada Drives Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Canada Drives as 35.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.27 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Service Representative and Sales Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Sales and Underwriter roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Canada Drives takes an average of 10 days when considering 61 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Sales Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 6 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Canada Drives according to 61 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 29.20%