Canada Drives Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 47 of over 47 interviews

Employee Referral2%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Canada Drives

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Canada Drives

Interview

I had three interviews with three different people over the course of a week. All of them were great conversations. The last one was with the hiring manager and he told me that he thought I would be a great fit and I could expect to hear back from the head recruiter in the next day or so. I never heard anything back-- they ghosted me. I followed up via email and never got a response either which I thought was very inconsiderate given that I had spent over three hours of my time speaking with them.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Answer Question

Canada Drives

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canada Drives

Interview

The first interview with the recruiter was great. Really sold me on the company. The second technical interview was a disaster. I have never felt so embarrassed in an interview. I haven’t gotten an official rejection email yet, but it’s definitely happening after todays disaster of an interview. I was not prepared to write code in this interview, since I was already given a take home coding assignment to complete. I shared my screen on a zoom call and I was asked to make some function counting a Fibonacci sequence. Honestly, I don’t know what a Fibonacci sequence is and he tried to explain it to me to do but I froze and nerves got to me. I really didn’t properly understand what he was asking me to do and I panicked. After the interview I Googled what a Fibonacci sequence is to properly understand what he was asking me to do, and it made sense. But in the moment I was panicking and I just told them I can’t do it. Having two people watch my screen judging me while I work on something that I don’t understand at all felt like torture. He told me that he just wanted to see my thought process rather than my final answer, but I wasn’t thinking straight because I was having a mini anxiety attack from the situation. My suggestion for the company would be to maybe cater that technical interview more for the role. Don’t ask a front end developer so solve an algorithm question. Ask them to solve a real world front end problem or a tough CSS challenge. I don’t feel like I was able to showcase any of my talents as a front end developer. I’m a little disappointed that this is the impression I left because the company did legitimately seem great to work for and I know that I’m so much better than I was able to show them.

Interview Questions
  • Name front end technologies and frameworks you use
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Richmond, BC) in Feb 2021

Interview

Applied online. A screening interview with the recruiter and then the HR manager. Pay is fixed. Overtime expected, including weekends. Very open and transparent conversation. Felt like a take it or leave it situation, so I passed on proceeding further due to lower than average salary and poor work/life balance. The interview was very interested in my salary history. Office location not ideal. Reviewed employee feedback on glassdoor and indeed they were indicative of issues.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Richmond, BC) in Nov 2020

Interview

I was brought in for a role I didn't apply for. Durring interview it was disclosed the job I applied for wasn't available to external applicants (bait and switch?) and the role they interviewed me for was I'll defined. It's bad when the hiring manager is unwilling to answer difficult questions. Its just predatory auto lending folks, nothing new, nothing special.

Interview Questions
  • can you tell me what my work day will look like?
  • what are your reservations about moving ahead with application at this time?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2020

Interview

I applied online and within the same day received a phone call asking questions about my application. At the end of the call we set up a time for me to come into the Vancouver office for an in person interview. I began the interview by talking with an HR representative that asked me questions about my expectations and about my previous experience. They were very thorough and helpful in answering any and all of my questions. Afterward they had me sit with a team lead and answer more questions and afterward I was taken to . Overall the interview was almost 2 hours, which was a bit exhaustive and unnecessary. While in the office for such a long period of time I began to feel that it wasn't the right fit and that the environment was a bit intense. Everyone on the Canada Drives team that I spoke to were very welcoming and friendly but once they began to describe the work they do in-depth I felt uneasy about the opportunity.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Canada Drives

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Drives

Interview

Interview was scheduled in a locked-off floor. Left waiting in lobby for entry until an intern was sent. Waited in a hollow start-up floor divided into two sections of employees; web developers and customer service reps. HR representative came after 15 minutes to private window area. Interview went 10 minutes before the next interviewee was hustled in before mine was finished. Asked to wait in lobby again, but just left. Too many red flags.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in Dec 2019

Interview

They called me for phone interview first and mentioned that they were impressed by my experience.Recruiter asked me about my past experiences and salary expectations.Afterwards, he invited me for on site interview with team lead.It was almost 45 minutes of interview in downtown Vancouver office.Hr was impressed by me and mentioned me that he will reply me back in 4-5 days. Today, 2 weeks have been passed and still no response. I emailed him but no response so far.

Interview Questions
  • 1) how do you troubleshoot blue screen of windows based machine 2) how to resolve conflict within team 3) why you want to work with our team 4) are you ready to relocate to our new office after probation 5) where you are seeing yourself in 5 years 6) are you autonomous person or team oriented person

Canada Drives

Application

I interviewed at Canada Drives

Interview

Applied online and was approached by an HR manager who set up an in-person interview with the program manager. The interview was supposed to be with both the HR manager and the program manager but the HR manager could not make it.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in Sep 2019

Interview

You have to call a mobile number in the lobby and someone is sent to get you, once your brought up to the building you are brought to the social area of the floor to have an "interview" in a quite loud and not private area. The interviewing manager hadn't even looked at my resume prior to my arrival and openly said this. Didn't ask any formal interview questions and basically said what he was looking for and had a casual chat. I then was sat down next to a team member for 10mins to shadow them to see what they did. It didn't show much but made me realize never to purchase a car from Canada Drives. After 10mins or so the manager reappeared saying he had just shot some hoops and brought me to show me the games area. We then sat down to discuss the role more and the benefits and salary. They low ball you to say the least stating that long term it's good for you but that at the start the pay is not good. I was told that the starting was $31K but that I could get $40K for a job that in the industry starts at $45K - $50K. To add the days are 10 hour days with no overtime.

Interview Questions
  • There wasn't any other that what is my job history as the interviewing manager seemed to have no idea who I was other than my name.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in Jul 2019

Interview

Very chill, applied online and got called in, got offered the job right after. Interviewer was a cool guy - spoke with him and then spoke with team manager.

Interview Questions
  • 5 year goal, difficulties you think you might have, past experience
Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Interviews