Canada Drives Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.2

Sort:

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in March-2017.

Interview

HORRIBLE!
    I applied online, the next day had a phone call for an in person interview. I went for it, very quick just a bit of background questions on my experience and I was asked if long hours scared me, they informed me I could be working 12 hour days 7 days a week.. working in sales currently I know sometimes this is reality and it didn't bother me. So I left and a few days later had a phone call asking for another interview. I had 2 or 3 calls from a few different people asking me to come in for a 2nd interview. Finally I was able to call back and asked if I could speak with someone over the phone first to learn more about the position as I'm in the middle of moving and live a bit away, was told no they'd like to speak in person. So I drove down and had the meeting. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.
    First of all, I found it extremely unprofessional that the guy who interviewed me was telling me names of employees and how much they made, one specifically he named and told me how much she had made the previous month and then told me she had worked every single day for over a month.. I don't even know how that is allowed. Then he pointed to a row of people sitting behind me and told me their salaries.

Speaking of.. the salary I was told for the position was not true, the man said to me they don't like investing that salary in people in case they don't stick around, so I could go on a base+commission. The job is literally sitting at a computer all day cold calling people who have applied for a loan. These loans are terrible, and I don't understand how these people feel okay selling them. I had my initial sit down and then was asked to do a shadow for 20 minutes.. another waste of time. They should have told me everything about the position point blank before I wasted my time shadowing. However, during the shadow I saw that the interest rates on the loans are around 47%... these are people who cannot afford things in the first place and then you gauge them with such high interest. So sad. Anyways, after that shadowing I was brought back to the office to be told about the salary, that they have high turnover because it is sitting at a table all day cold calling.

Not a company I would ever want to work for or support. Waste of time, just be wary of working here, and ask in depth questions about the job before you waste your time going in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working 12 hours a day 7 days a week?   2 Answers

Not somewhere I want to slave away at

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

The company didn't seem to have an HR department. I had a phone interview and an in-person Interview with the hiring manager. Both interviews weren't 100% professional. The interviewer didn't seem to understand what he was doing. He was asking questions which I had already answered again and again. The interview was an endless loop. They said they would get back to me but then I never heard from them again. Like the other interviewee reviewed, it's a common courtesy that you get back to someone who has taken time with you no matter what the results were.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in February-2015.

Interview

The interview process was broken down into two steps (2 separate interviews). First time I simply walked in and chatted regularly with my manager and a future co-worker. It was very relaxed and they didn't ask technical questions at all. All they wanted to do was get to know me, my history, my goals, my plans, and preferences. The idea was to find people they want to work with, the people that they won't want to choke to death at the end of the day. If you fit the description, you come in for the second interview where they ask you some technical questions and give you a task to help complete. I didn't do any coding but simply asked to describe how I would implement and tackle a problem, task, or project. They never bother to ask for you to write code (syntax, etc.) because they know as long as you have the basics and knows what each technology can accomplish and how to tackle a task, you will do fine. It was the 2nd best interview I ever had to date.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do? We want you to like working here so we want to put you in the write place doing what you want to do.   1 Answer

Market Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in March-2017.

Interview

A phone interview with a HR representative at first. Then it's the second interview with the CEO, asked questions about the fit and more about the job's nature. About a week later there's the third interview with another senior managemer, the CFO, asked the same questions. But never heard anything back from them ever since. I sent out various emails inquiring about the progress, but neither the HR nor management replied.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

In one word...Awful.

I applied online, through Indeed. I was then contacted at 4:30 PM on a Saturday from an internal recruiter. I took the call because I wasn't busy, but thought it was odd they were calling on a weekend.

The internal recruiter set up an in-person interview with me for three days later. She said they wanted to book a meeting as fast as possible because they needed to fill the role within a week. I was told who I would be meeting with however when I arrived I was met by someone else. He never mentioned why I wasn't meeting with the person I was supposed to be.

From there the interview was a total waste of time. The person interviewing me clearly had never conducted a formal interview before. He spoke to me for roughly 5 minutes before I knew the job wasn't for me. After 15 minutes or so he said that he wanted me to sit down with his manager for the next part of the interview. He left for 5 minutes and then came back saying that instead they wanted me to go for a quick coffee with their top sales rep and then shadow him for 15 minutes. All this because "most people start this job and realize they don't like it, so we wan't to make sure you know what the job is before you start". Makes sense however at this point I'd had enough so I thanked him for his time and left.

The call center is filled with 18-22 year olds wearing cheap suits who are all probably working their first job for the first time. If thats what you are looking for, then this place might be for you. However, if you have decent job experience, I can assure you that this place would be a step back in your career.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me (literally that was the only question I was asked...)   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in February-2017.

Interview

They'll call to set-up an interview first.

In-person they're basically figuring out if you're money-hungry enough to do what they say and put in extra hours if enough money is dangled in front of you.

You'll sit down with one of their top reps once it's done with shadow for a bit. Don't even bother paying attention, he's on a better dialer than you'll ever be on, the way he talks and the way he works isn't even applicable to what you'll be doing when you start.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience?
      Are you motivated by money?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

Please do yourself a favor and do not apply here. This is a company with no ethics and is blind for bad money. They don't care who you are, what kind of personality you have, what kind of values you believe in. They simply want someone to come in and work 10 hours and hit the highest number possible. They will not be afraid to tell you that you will be fired if you don't hit target within one month. Ridiculous company with horrible products and interviews (including ceo) is purely greedy that they are not afraid to tell you that they are looking for money.

Interview Questions

• Can you bring in as much money as possible?   1 Answer

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC) in August-2016.

Interview

I was referred by an old co-worker of mine who thought I would be a great fit here since I was just part of a mass lay-off at my previous job. I was interviewed by one of the team managers. She explained to me what the company was about, what each different department did and what my department and role would be. She asked about my personal and career goals as well as how there is a lot of room for career growth in this company. She showed me around the office and then let me know that I would receive a call within the next day or two but I got a call as soon as I got home from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where did I hope to be in 5 years, personal and career-wise.   Answer Question
    • What skills did I develop at my previous job that I could bring here.   Answer Question
    • What were aspects of my previous job that I enjoyed and what did I think could have been improved on.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Drives.

Interview

It was very brief. You first talk to the hiring manager before shadowing one of the sales rep to see if you’re “right for the job”. Then you meet the sales manager and they’ll decide if you should get hired

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Drives (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

The interview process was typical to begin with, but then took a turn for the worst.

I initially had a phone screen with the internal recruiter then met her for a coffee. She seemed great and we clicked. I then met with the CFO who I enjoyed meeting with as well. Things seemed to be going extremely well and I was thrilled to be proceeding to the final stages of the interview process with the CEO's. This part of the process was fairly quick paced and communication was excellent.

We had an offsite meeting at a restaurant which I read as a very positive sign - this is where things started to go horribly wrong. The CEOs were drinking during our entire meeting, and I don't mean a casual cocktail... There were multiple beers ordered between the two of them over the course of an hour long lunch. Alarm bells started going off when they began discussing physical appearances of women around them, including the restaurant servers. They asked extremely inappropriate questions that had nothing to do with the role or my background (including my age, questions about what I look for in a spouse, if I had had an affair in the past) and rolled their eyes/seemed unimpressed when I politely declined to answer/side stepped .

I began to wrap up the interview as I realized these were not executives that I would ever want to work on a team with. One of the CEO's rudely waved down the sever and pointed at me saying "They are leaving, bring the bill. But we will be staying!" then they both stared and waited for me to walk away from the table. I felt belittled and disrespected, which was shocking considering how well the other portions of this process went. It was humiliating and the most unprofessional interview I have ever been a part of.

After the interview, I sent a thank you email, but did not express further interest in the role. I received no response for weeks on end to close the loop. When I did, it was a clippy one liner that they had hired someone else. Seriously?

I sincerely hope that they have improved their hiring practices and have invested in some more senior HR talent to keep the executive team in check. Unfortunately for Canada Drives, I have shared this wildly negative experience far and wide across my networks and have discouraged people from joining. No one deserves to be treated like this.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked were relevant to the role.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.