Canada Computers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Canada Computers

2.4

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Computers (Richmond Hill, ON).

Interview

Interview timeline:

1. Phone interview with HR
    2. Group interview with manager and HR
    3. 1 on 1 interview with manager only

Whole process lasted approximately a month from application to the end, when I was hired.

I was offered a different position than what I applied for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Computers.

Interview

1 brief phone from HR, 5-10 minutes
    15-30 face-to-face interview

not a picky company, which means minimal training and not much career growth. if you are looking for a good career start, here's not the place. If you are looking for an easy, then there you go.

Interview Questions

• All std questions
      Tell them about your past sales experience.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Computers (Toronto, ON) in May 2019.

Interview

I walked into the shop and asked for the manager if they're hiring, he was actually interested and got me a short informal interview on spot and asked me to fill out the application, after that I was asked to attend another interview next week. The second interview is more formal and took about an hour, we talked about the personal experience and my understanding to electronics, and rest of it was logistics and salary, policy related discussion.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Computers (Vancouver, BC) in July 2018.

Interview

Initial interview was pleasant and straight-forward, discussing sales and loss prevention tactics. I was informed by the manager that I would need to go through a secondary interview, which we scheduled for a week later at another location. Sounds great.

When I arrived at the second interview 10 minutes early, I was not greeted by a single employee which is odd as the interview involved a lot of questions about approaching customers and pushing sales. When I asked to speak to a manager regarding my interview, an employee (who I later found out was the manager!) only said "10 minutes" before walking off, leaving me on the store floor for 20 minutes with not even an offer for assistance.

Old fashioned corporate structure -- there's been major expansion in QC and BC but there doesn't seem to be much support for the branches out West. When I brought up social media as a sales tactic, it was essentially shot down -- troubling for a sales department who supposedly wants to meet corporate sales targets. Not much unity in terms of brand image and quality of staff can obviously vary (see: above).

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where a customer became upset/irate. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Computers (Waterloo, ON) in January 2018.

Interview

Very chill hiring manager. I may have been too comfortable because he was laid back. My basic knowledge probably set me at the bottom of the "want" list. Filled in an information sheet and we got to know each other more, followed by a single knowledge question. I just wish I got a call back (if it's to decline me that is okay, I'd love to ask for feedback and to keep in touch) as I've called once already, thinking a second call may be too much. I believe I have a declined offer as I'm heading into 3 weeks of no notice since the interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Computers (Mississauga, ON).

Interview

Very relaxed interview done on the sales floor. A supervisor will ask you about 15 behavioral questions along with some small talk. As long as you are confident and know something about computers you will be okay.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to pressure?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Computers in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was easy, they will tell you how well the company is doing, and will keep expanding. Seems to be they do not even care how much service revenue you will bring in to the company or quality of the services you are going to provide to the customers because they offer you no commission on the repair services. So if you considered yourself as skill-technician, then Canada Computer is not the company that you want to work for. Because they just pay you the fix base salary + commission on selling warranty from parts or from Vendor spiff. Their goal is to make money by minimize the cost of staffing (as low as possible), which you cannot blame them having this kind of business model. Wish them the best luck to success in BC. Also the offer from them was not negotiable, they gave you the impression that either you take it or go away.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to set up the payment terminal   2 Answers

Store Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canada Computers (Markham, ON) in October 2017.

Interview

I have been with the company for a bit over a year, and the opportunity arrived. The interview was brief and straight to the point. Job descriptions were provided, as well as expectations. Good understanding of the challenges I will be facing if I were to take on this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better candidate than others to become a part of management?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canada Computers (Ottawa, ON) in June 2017.

Interview

So I handed in my resume at the store and got a call after 4 days for a interview. The interview was nice and chill. He asked the simple questions about past experiences then ask about computer builds. Overall a standard interview for a computer store.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Computers (Ottawa, ON) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got the call and went in for interview. Met the GM, and sat and talked. Some standard questions. Then talked about the tech industry and I was asked what new tech products I knew about. Thus is a job where you must be on top of all the new tech and have a good knowledge of pc building and parts. As well as tv's and all the rest.

Interview Questions

• What is an upcoming tech product you're aware of?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.