Calgary Board of Education Interview Questions

Updated Sep. 23, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 25 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Calgary Board of Education

Calgary Board of Education

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education in Jun. 2022

Interview

Interview is behavioural questions to see the level of expertise you have working with children. They will want to know that you have enough previous background experience to work with school age children.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had a conflict with a colleague and how did you handle it?
    Answer Question

Calgary Board of Education

Application

I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education

Interview

Easy straightforward questions, mostly circumstances you would commonly encounter in the classroom. Good to have a lot of specific examples of how you have handled each scenario in the past.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,930

973 Comments

Teachers

187.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Calgary Board of Education~149095
Join the conversation on

Calgary Board of Education

Application

I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education

Interview

Face to face interview a couple days after submitting my resume. 30min interview and mostly situational questions. I was with one interviewer and she was very friendly. I wanted an on call position but did not get it.

Interview Questions
  • Situational questions such as what to do in difficult situations with coworkers.

Calgary Board of Education

Application

I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education

Interview

Consisted of a set of quick fire questions that you answer while the recruiter types up your response. They start off with questions about your teaching philosophy then situational questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Calgary Board of Education

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education in Jun. 2021

Interview

Very straightforward process. Interview was a little intimidating but they’re mainly looking to see if you are capable of doing the job. It lasted about 25-30 minutes. The interviewer wrote down your answers.

Interview Questions
  • A team situation that did not go well

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB)

Interview

Behavioural interview with the interviewer only looking for key words. Will cut you off once they have "heard" what they are looking for. Very impersonal process that is indicative of the big machine that is the CBE.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time that you dealt with a difficult student.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB) in Dec. 2018

Interview

Once you get all of your information on their site, the callback for interviews happen relatively quickly. The interview to get into the board is very impersonal and it will ask you about your teaching philosophy and how you would handle certain situations. That interview takes 30 mins-1hr

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB) in Sep. 2018

Interview

Impersonal rapid fire questioning from a person behind a computer. Was not offered a job but told to try again next year. Asked for feedback about how I could improve in the interim was flatly denied. Reapplied this year was not offered an interview and told never to apply again. Recruitment principal was rude and condescending throughout and treated me like a nuisance.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond to a student who was confused because her dad says tomatoes are fruits and other people say they are vegetables.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB) in Sep. 2018

Interview

I was interviewed by one recruiter who was very friendly. The recruiter introduced herself and explained the interview process. The interview was recorded and included a series of rapid fire questions. The interviewer had warned me ahead of time of what the interview process would be like. After the interviewer turned off the recording, she thanked me for my time, and gave me the floor to ask any questions. She answered all my questions kindly and even gave me some amazing advice about working within the CBE.

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage a difficult parent/student/colleague? How do you incorporate competencies in your practice? Describe a situation in your teaching that you are proud of? How do you support the different types of learners in your classroom? How do you connect with parents?

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Calgary Board of Education (Calgary, AB) in Apr. 2018

Interview

You are sat in a room and told that you cannot ask for clarification on any questions, as it's your responsibility to elaborate on the scenario or question without their assistance. They will then ask you one question at a time from a computer, fill it in as you answer, and then move onto the next. Depends on who is interviewing you, but there's usually no interaction otherwise - very straightforward. You need to be able to talk to a brick wall and still share your passion for teaching. You are then notified very shortly whether they'll offer you a position or not, starting as a substitute.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Interviews