CIBC Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CIBC Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at CIBC

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (London, ON) in January 2014.

Interview

I went to the open house of CIBC and talked to one the branch managers, got a call after 2 days for an in-person interview. They skipped the phone interview for me because I talked to the branch manager. And after I went to the bank, I had the interview with an assistant manager and a secretary. The process took about 30 minutes and it was set in a really friendly atmosphere. The questions are really ordinary and all of them are in my expectations, including many sales questions and behavioral questions. For example, describe yourself; how do you see yourself in 5 years; what do you think is good customer service; do you have upsell experience; describe a difficult customer you have ever met and how you solved the problem.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with your team, and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Vancouver, BC) in January 2015.

Interview

apply online via CIBC website then get a face to face interview with assistant branch manager, around 30mins.Its a quite long time to get reply. The interview is normal, not quite hard

Interview Questions

• how to handle the situation when you get into a grey area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Victoria, BC) in October 2015.

Interview

First interview over phone. Very friendly, took about 20 minutes. Qualifying questions took 5 minutes, basic yes and no. Resume questions took 5 minutes, clarifying items on my resume. Behavioural questions took up the rest of the interview. I was very prepared, having read through several threads on glassdoor describing the interview process. I wrote out several answers in advance and practiced reciting them out loud.

Three hours after phone interview, I was contacted by Hiring Manager to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an angry or upset customer, and how did you resolve the situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (St. John's, NL) in January 2011.

Interview

Initially there was a 20 minute phone call as preliminary screen. This was then followed by an in person interview with two management members who asked very detailed questions about my experience - behavioural and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability to work flexible hours and ability to work given short notice?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in January 2015.

Interview

They made me very comfortable and that made the interview easier. Lots of situational and what if questions. they called me and booked a time for a phone interview and then i had an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.