CIBC Personal Banking Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CIBC Personal Banking Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at CIBC

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in March 2009.

Interview

Telephone interview, approximately 45 minutes, followed by a subsequent in-person interview a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond the call of duty for a customer.   1 Answer
  • Behavioural questions about theft of time, goods, money.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, no experience in financial services area. Anyone with a sales background can attempt to negotiate a higher salary but it is already higher than most similar roles at other banks.

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Personal Banking Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

I applied online got a phone interview first which all the questions was very straight forward mostly about weather you are conformable with sales.
    The second interview was face to face many customer and sales focused questions. such as angry customer, above and beyond, how would initiate a sales speech.

Interview Questions

• They asked me detail about PC financial. Have to research before going to the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Fredericton, NB).

Interview

I was first contacted by the local HR representative via telephone. From there, we scheduled a telephone interview, in which I was asked questions regarding previous employment, behavioural questions and expected salary inquiries. After the interview was completed, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview with one of the management staff at the location I was to be working at if hired. The face to face mainly involved discussion about an average work day, more behavioural and previous work experiences, and dress code. From there, I was told I would be contacted if I was a suitable candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to create a scenario in which I'd dealt with a difficult customer. This one always stumps me because regardless of how you deal with a customer, sometimes there is nothing you can do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Brantford, ON) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was in person with the district manager and then the branch manager, the interview went really well, and both were more laid back and sales driven.

THey asked a lot about sales experience and looked over my resume to see where I can expand on my previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in Courtenay, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Courtenay, BC) in October 2015.

Interview

First call is from Toronto, second one - local and then you may be invited for an interview with 2 people - your future manager and the manager of your manager

Interview Questions

• Questions about past jobs , why you are applying for the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was a 2 step process. Initially meeting with Area Manager then a panel style with District Manager. Fairly straight forward, the questions asked were mostly behavioural to see a good fit and to assess communication and sales skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer about their banking needs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in March 2018.

Interview

First was the telephone interview. It lasted about 15 minutes, asked questions about previous work experience. Second was an in person interview with the hiring manager, it was about an hour. Went through resume, behavioral questions and role play scenario.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON).

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later, I received an email to set up a phone interview. The interview was pretty simple. I was asked what do I know about this position and other phone interview questions like tell me about your self. I moved on to the next interview which was with a hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager was about 1 hr and also consisted of a sales role play.. the key to the role play is to pay attention to the customer needs and ask questions!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism and how did you improve ( something along the lines of this, I can’t remember the exact words)   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an objection and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer wasn’t satisfied with your solution   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.