CIBC Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CIBC Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at CIBC

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Markham, ON) in February 2020.

Interview

it was internal process so i applied through the cibc human resource website there is a posting every now and then and i took the opportunity and applied for it

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Telephone Interview, then the in-person interview. I feel the toughest part is telephone screening as they ask different types of question-related to the client-facing environment. However, the lady who called was very nice and helpful. She created a nice ambience before continuing the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON).

Interview

You're apparently applying for an FSR position for product assistance, however, its really just an inbound sales job. There is no real type of interview if you pass the initial phone screen. You're just brought first into a room with a recruiter for a few minutes who will try to talk down your previous work experience (even though your previous job may have paid more), and then you're brought into a waiting room to speak with a hiring manager with a bunch of others candidates waiting to speak with a hiring manager. Eventually, you get to speak to someone, and are given a computer, shown 3 credit card products off of the CIBC website, and are then asked to simulate an inbound call with the purpose of converting a call into a sale. I was asked to try to upsell one of the 3 products in a situation where the caller is calling in due to their credit card being declined. I found this whole business practice and candidate screening process questionable, and even more ridiculous to have someone try to sell a product after looking at a screen for 2 seconds.

Interview Questions

• How can you convert someone who is calling in due to their credit card being denied, into a sales lead?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

2 interview process, very straightforward, entry level. Extremely friendly, highly recommend this bank out of the big 5. Very client focussed. Pay is standard across the board with yearly bonuses based on yours and branch results.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBC in July 2019.

Interview

Fairly good. Quiet easy. You should know the basics of Customer service. After applying for the job online, I received an email from HR in one week. After email, I was scheduled for a 30 min telephone interview.
    The telephone interview was basic questions about resume and candidate, some behavioural questions.
    Next step was the in-person interview with HR. It was 60 mins interview, where HR talked about my resume again, background, experiences, skills hobbies. Then some behaviour and situational questions. 3rd stage was Roleplay as a banker.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. why do you want to work for CIBC and for this position?
      3. Talk about your experience?
      4. Challenges you faced in earlier positions?
      5. Top skills you can bring in this role?
      6. Greatest Weakness
      7. Have you had any sales targets in your earlier roles?
      8. What is your understanding of this position?
      9. tell me about a time you had to deal with an objection, the customer was not satisfied with your solution, sales experience, etc.
      10. Tell me about a time where you went beyond the job duties to help the customer and how it impacted their banking experience.
      11. tell me about the time when your manager gave you some coaching and how you implemented it on your work?
      12. Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult customer?
      13. Tell me about a time when you have to work in a team?
      14. tell me about the time when you exceeded the targes and how you felt?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Mississauga, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

There were 3 managers interview on me and felt a little bit stressful. They ask you a lot of behaviors questions instead of academic ones. Once I finished it, from the reaction I felt I get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough Station, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CIBC (Scarborough Station, ON) in April 2019.

Interview

It's one hour interview . Several case questions about customer compliance? General manager and manager interview me . Asked me why i left last job ? It is more about how to service our customer other than financial knowledge .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in March 2019.

Interview

Apply through company website. Refer to where you found the job posting (Indeed). Email you to schedule a phone interview. They'll call you the day of and ask a series of questions including walking through your resume

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Edmonton, AB) in February 2019.

Interview

I got a mail for telephonic interview in about 20-25 days of applying, I gave an interview after a week and then got a call for face to face a week ahead.
    The 3 elegant ladies took my face to face at 10058 170 street Edmonton. They were amazing and made me comfortable. I am extremely impressed and amazed by them.

Interview Questions

• Why CIBC and what do you know about CIBC?
      A role play of a cold call as FSR? A day in FSR’s life? Situation based questions on client service? Questions related my Work history and skills?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Applied online. Was called by head office in Toronto for prescreening questions. Called into local branch for interview with branch manager. Some situational questions, some questions about the industry, overall not too difficult. Offered position the next business day.

Interview Questions

• How do you see technology impacting the financial industry.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.