CIBC Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CIBC Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at CIBC

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was for an Associate position within CIBC's Technology Leadership Associate Program (TLAP). It was in a group interview format with two interviewers. Overall, the interview atmosphere was very relaxed and the interviewers (one of whom was a current TLAP associate) took a lot of notes in the process.

They started off by asking questions such as 'Why TLAP', 'Walk me through your resume', 'What are your career goals'. They then went on to ask some situational/behavioural questions.

- Describe a failure you faced.
- What did you learn from the failure?
- Give an example when you applied that learning.
- Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to agree to your viewpoint.
- Explain your weaknesses.
- Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to agree to your viewpoint.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

I applied online and someone from hr emailed me, scheduled a time for the telephone screening. It's basically general questions based on your past experience and skills, and when is available to work.

Interview Questions

• why CIBC, why commercial banking, questions based on resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in November 2016.

Interview

3 stage process, with short meeting in first stage and more technical at later stages. Next, was group stages conducted with 3 people originally and then 3 other members joined. Overall, it was a bit intimidating, but also a quick way to meet the team. Also, the interviewers focused less on technical questions for the majority of the time, and went of to test the right fit for a analyst/ sales position.

Interview Questions

• Credit analysis related questions, related experiences in real estate lending, understanding of the process, under standing of certain customer's needs and products available   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, basic behavioural questions, be prepared to ask questions to show you did research, looking for people in lending services, walk in the park

Prepare through glassdoor and cibc website

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in March 2018.

Interview

Coffee, Interview, Interview, Job. I First met for coffee with someone then i had a interview in the office a few weeks later which was nice. I then had another interview for the position with the full team which went well for myself. Overall it was a good experience.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

3 different rounds of interview with various associates, managers and VPs. There was also a case where you had 30 mins to review and 20 mins to answer questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in February 2019.

Interview

the first one is call interview
    then go to the commercial banking center in Toronto for the skills test
    you cannot find the answer , just to show your logic thinking

Interview Questions

• give you a small case, you have one and a half hour to analyze the ratios   Answer Question
    • your academic background and also your working experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online and two weeks later received an e-mail from a talent acquisition specialist asking to come in for an in-person interview with one day's notice. Found it bizarre there was no phone screen and such short notice. The in-person interview was with the Hiring Manager, who preferred to disagree with almost all my answers to questions, yet seemed to note I was qualified for the role. Was told it was "bad" I did not have any prior banking experience. When I stressed the importance of diversity for this role, he backtracked. Why not hire internally if you only want a parochial set of candidates? Got the feeling they already had an internal candidate in mind, but were just going through the motions for the interview. E-mailed the manager a thank you after the interview, and followed up with talent acquisition two weeks later via e-mail. Was ignored. Two weeks after that got a generic rejection e-mail. Very disrespectful to the candidate, and left a very bitter aftertaste.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.