CIBC Associate Commercial Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CIBC Associate Commercial Banking Interview Questions

Interviews at CIBC

3.1

Commercial Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto (Cuba)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto (Cuba)) in January 2014.

Interview

One preliminary informal interview with a higher-up in the company to determine where I would make a good fit. One formal interview, an hour and a half long with fairly expected behavioural questions combined with very specific questions about commercial banking.

After interview I was repeatedly told I would be contacted on specific days, and then was not contacted until after those days. Each call or email was nothing more than "Still interviewing, will contact you with more information on Friday". Was never contacted on day they said they would, and was never given more information. This happened about four times. Entire process from first preliminary Interview until final call was over three months. Did not receive offer.

Final call was basically "We're not saying you didn't get the job, but you probably didn't get the job and you probably won't hear from us again". Entire organization seems disorganized and never felt like I was treated with any sort of respect throughout process.

Interview Questions

• It's your first day on the job, we tell you to go out and find three prospective clients. Where do you start and what do you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in January 2019.

Interview

First round: case study on M&A situation. Make decision on whether to go through with financing or not
    Second round: panel interview by 4 directors
    Interview process was 1.30 hours including behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• Specific questions on the case: what financial data you used to make decision? what are the risks that you see from the case, why and why not.
      What were your experience in commercial banking, describe your background and why you choose CIBC but not other banks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in February 2019.

Interview

Lengthy interview, with a case at the end of it. You will meet varying people from their team where they will ask you questions to see if you'd be a fit for the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON) in July 2018.

Interview

Lengthly and the interviews were very spaced out. Would have enjoyed the process more if I was able to get it done in a shorter amount of time. Case study was out of left field

Associate Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews with the hiring manager, team members and the regional manager. Includes a case study and a large number of fit questions. More important to be a good fit than to get all the case study questions right.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you bring to the team that will help the team as a whole?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a moving allowance and increase in base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatham, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Chatham, ON).

Interview

Was referred to the regional manager for a phone interview which was more of an informational interview/screening. Then went to the branch to interview with the manager and two directors. The in person interview was a combination of personality questions with some light technical questions. Interviewed with all three people at the same time.

Associate Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got contacted by email about a few days after the deadline. No phone interview. I met one team lead and had about 30 min discussion. Then followed by a case study. I was told that someone would contact me by the end of the week but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions

• All banks offer pretty much the same products& service, how do you differentiate yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Vancouver, BC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. Several interview longer than 2 hours. Involved several case studies. I had to interview with 7 people in total before finally getting a job offer. Initial interview was very casual. The following interviews increased in intensity. It's very important to understand the role and the organization. Come to interview prepared with questions.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much everything. A lot of questions as to why I wanted the job, so be educated about the role and the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Vancouver, BC) in March 2017.

Interview

Unusual interview process. Was invited to a networking reception for shortlisted candidates to meet with regional director and senior managers. I was told there would be 3 rounds of interview (1 behaviour, 2 case studies) for selected candidates. Came in to the interview expecting behavioural but was surprised when they told me it was the only round and it was a case study. Whole process took 2 hours (1hr case and 1 hr review of case). Interview was both technical and qualitative so you won't know how to answer all the questions. They really just want to see how you think. Ask a lot of questions!

Interview Questions

• Should do you the deal? Why or why not?   4 Answers
    • What are the risks associated with the business?   Answer Question

Associate Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later to come in for an interview. The interview was with a senior manager and lasted just over half an hour. Was contacted about 3 weeks later to be informed that they had moved forward with a different candidate. I felt like the interview went quite well and I believe I was qualified for the role based on my education, however my lack of relatable work experience may have held me back.

Interview Questions

• Interview began with questions regarding my resume, so education and work experience. Then moved on to behavioural questions and had to provide specific examples of how I have reacted or would react in different scenarios or situations. Was asked the pretty typical questions like why do you want to work here, etc.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.